Do Not Sell My Personal Information

London Motor Show Meet

duncerduncs

The motor show is on this year at ExCel in London's docklands.

I thought it would be a good chance for us to meet up and have a look round the motor show. Toyota will be there, so if you want to have a look round the current Rav or the Urban Cruiser without a salesman bothering you, this would be a good opportunity! :lol:

As I went two years ago, I've been sent a code to get 2 for 1 tickets up to a number of 8 (if we get more than 10 to come we get a discount of 15%). At the moment Mrs Duncyduncs (she wants to look at the Bentleys), myself and TOC 'A lister' Anchorman have confirmed our presence.

Having spoken to Anchorman we are both available on Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th July. Now I realise that a weekday may not be ideal for you all, but it does have some advantages. It's cheaper (tickets will only be £5.30), will be quieter than a weekend and it'll be easier to get to by public transport (trust me, weekends can be a nightmare!). We'd obviously go for the date that most people can make. :)

I've got until the 30th June to book the tickets, so have a think about it, it'll be good to see you all :thumbsup:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chatman

• Hoovie

• Parts-King

• Robert6920

well, put me down as a possible definate maybe :)

For me, I would be looking at Monday more then Tuesday I think , but Tuesday is doable as well if need be (have to find an excuse to travel to the London office though)

Put me down as a Yes, both days fine by me......May have to bring along little Chatchick (daughter) as schools will be off for there looooooooooooooooooooong summer holiday's....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Damn...

Cant make those days... could make it on Wednesday though - not sure if yous could shift to that day???

I was going to go with a mate of mine but he's off to Greece on his hols so kinda didnt bother with it in the end... but if a groupe of slightly Mad TOC Ravvers are going I'd like to tag along... if we could make it Wednesday rather than Monday or Tuesday...

What do ya say.... :thumbsup:

Regards

Rob

B)

The boss is back at work as Scootish schools start aroon 18th August. Then again, the chanmce so me gettin a holiday this year appear nil so ahm up fur a guid bevvy!!

• 2 weeks later...

Are we still on for this...

Just seen this on Email I got from Top Gear...

MOTOR SHOW FOR LESS

How does 20 per cent off the price of VIP preview tickets to the British Motor Show - running from July 23 to August 3 - sound? Then you'll need five letters: TGVIP…

****Click Here****

Have we set a day to go yet????

Are we still on for this...

Just seen this on Email I got from Top Gear...

MOTOR SHOW FOR LESS

How does 20 per cent off the price of VIP preview tickets to the British Motor Show - running from July 23 to August 3 - sound? Then you'll need five letters: TGVIP…

****Click Here****

If we combine the motorshow, with the Tutankhamun exhibition, could i bring my Mummy :D :D

Not yet, I'm waiting for someone to come back from their holiday... ;)

Not yet, I'm waiting for someone to come back from their holiday... ;)

Is it bed time yet?

I am booked to be off on the Monday and Tuesday but if Nightstalker can only go Wed I can try to change. If we can decide for sure then I'll see if I can swap.

'Evening!

Is it bed time yet?

I am booked to be off on the Monday and Tuesday but if Nightstalker can only go Wed I can try to change. If we can decide for sure then I'll see if I can swap.

'Evening!

Arr you've returned.... did you get stung for all the excess baggage you brought back... all those spare parts and fluids you always seem to acquire :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm free for most day's... so what ever one we decide on I;ll see you all there....Do we need a copy of the Metro news paper under left arm..so we recognize each other :unsure: :unsure:

I got some meguire's but not too much!!!

Last year I got DOT3 brake fluid because although it says in the book that it must be used, TGB don't sell it!

You will know where to meet at the show, just follow the sound of Toyota Sales reps being <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ed about run flat tyres and DMF's ;)

Good news Rob, I can now do the Wednesday too :thumbsup:

So could everyone who wishes to come along confirm their willingness to attend on the 30th July, and I'll book the tickets :D

I've got until Monday to book them

Good news Rob, I can now do the Wednesday too :thumbsup:

So could everyone who wishes to come along confirm their willingness to attend on the 30th July, and I'll book the tickets :D

I've got until Monday to book them

Yep count me in...

Add name to list:

1. duncerdunc + Mrs duncerdincs

2. Chatman

3. Anchorman

I need to check before you buy the tickets Duncs. Let me make some enquiries and I'll get back to you.

Cheers

PS Don't let me spoil the arrangements - I just can't promise with asking first.

Lo all.... :(

As nowt had been mentioned when we were going I offered my services to work :ffs: and booked overtime :wacko: . ..... and work dont tend to take it nicely if you book overtime and then cancel it :nono::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: So I'm going to have to miss out on this gig.... GUTTED!!! :crybaby::crybaby: ...

Hope you all have a good time giving the Toyota and H - Hnd -h - sorry cant say it... dealers grief!

Regards

Rob

B)

Guys, if there's any chance of joining you at the Show, please let me know and I'll do my best to come over - I have to see a business colleague in London and can kill two birds with one airline ticket

Thanks

Lo all.... :(

As nowt had been mentioned when we were going I offered my services to work :ffs: and booked overtime :wacko: . ..... and work dont tend to take it nicely if you book overtime and then cancel it :nono::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: So I'm going to have to miss out on this gig.... GUTTED!!! :crybaby::crybaby: ...

Hope you all have a good time giving the Toyota and H - Hnd -h - sorry cant say it... dealers grief!

Regards

Rob

B)

I hate to say this but I'm struggling for the Wednesday too. If we can go on the Tuesday it would be easier.

Guys, if there's any chance of joining you at the Show, please let me know and I'll do my best to come over - I have to see a business colleague in London and can kill two birds with one airline ticket

Thanks

With your contacts Robert you should be doing cheap flights from Liverpool to London City :eek: That would save a bit of time :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

With your contacts Robert you should be doing cheap flights from Liverpool to London City :eek: That would save a bit of time :lol:

Aaah, indeed. Unfortunately, it's Air France (well, CityJet) from DUB to London City and they are...... expensive! It's an interesting airport (LCY, that is) and it has a short runway and a steep approach - although not as steep as it used to be, when it first opened :fear::help: Not really suitable for Easyjet, they'd fall off the end into the river :boat:

Aaah, indeed. Unfortunately, it's Air France (well, CityJet) from DUB to London City and they are...... expensive! It's an interesting airport (LCY, that is) and it has a short runway and a steep approach - although not as steep as it used to be, when it first opened :fear::help: Not really suitable for Easyjet, they'd fall off the end into the river :boat:

I dont fancy swimming the last bit :lol: There is somebody who does LPL-LCY (Kingo gets on 'tinternet to check)

Do we have an actual date yet? I might make enquiries ;)

Hmmmmm..........VLM Airline.......MAN-LCY Daft o'clock early start but £120 return.............let me know the date chosen