Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

London Motor Show Meet

duncerduncs

Some of the metallic stars of the show (as opposed to the people stars of the show!)

Starting, of course, on the Toyota stand with a Land Cruiser

P7290206.jpg

My secret fancy - a Hilux

P7290210.jpg

The Urbane Cruiser

P7290214.jpg

P7290217.jpg

Some of the runners up (and also rans)

The Antara (£32k's worth)

P7290147.jpg

The paintjob on the Cross Dresser

P7290170.jpg

Nissan GTR (thanks Chatman!)

P7290176.jpg

A rather nice RX8 (thanks again!)

P7290182.jpg

Grand Vitara

P7290185.jpg

Suzuki fast thingie

P7290190.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chatman

• Hoovie

• Parts-King

• Robert6920

Some bits of cars, specially supplied so that Anchorman could run his Masterclass

P7290203.jpg

P7290202.jpg

P7290178.jpg

P7290179.jpg

P7290180.jpg

P7290174.jpg

Some different wheel options

P7290220.jpg

P7290148.jpg

P7290177.jpg

My peronal favourite in the class "Frivolous Fancy", a lovely little PGO modelled (I think) on the Porsche 365 with a Peugeot engine

P7290225-1.jpg

If I had the money.... (and the svelte figure to ease in and out of it.....)

Off to work now, to earn some of that money. Thanks again for a very good day out - great to meet you all

Mazda Zoom Zoom

P7290176.jpg

Actually Robert this is the Nissan GTR.......!Removed! gorgeous it was too :drool: :drool: :drool:

A rather nice RX6

P7290182.jpg

And this is the RX8.......

Actually Robert this is the Nissan GTR.......Bloody gorgeous it was too :drool: :drool: :drool:

And this is the RX8.......

Ooops, sorted (it must be my new varifocals!!) :thumbsup:

I'll load up the pikkies but here's a teaser..... the look on the young fella's face when he was asked where the spare tyre is on the Rav4, and has to say, "Actually, this has run-flat tyres on it and they're great" His PDA didn't help him - it was too small to crouch behind

P7290201.jpg

Bet the poor s*d just wanted the ground to swallow him up when this pack of mad TOC wolves jumped on him! :lol::lol::lol:

NO NO NO these where those wheels.... :drool: :drool:

DSCF1171.jpg

Neither use nor ornament............. OK, maybe ornament but no use! :lol::lol:

Some of the metallic stars of the show (as opposed to the people stars of the show!)

The Urbane Cruiser

P7290214.jpg

P7290217.jpg

A like that! Will definately have to have a good look at one of them :thumbsup:

Glad you all had a great time. Thanks for the photos :thumbsup: .... for those of use stuck at home. :lol::lol:

OK This thread may get to big and takes an age to open every time.. All you lot still on 56K if this still exists have no chance. Even takes a while on 8meg broadband...

So to take this issue of speed and slowness I have uploaded my photo's (removed some incriminating ones :rolleyes: :rolleyes:) onto Google Picasa

Here's the link HERE

Just one incriminating photo... someone who shall remain anonymous :ph34r: ... had the look of :wub: :wub: :wub: at the Honka stand....

DSCF1100.jpg

I got back at 22.45 and Tiscal seemed to be downloading at about 1kb per week so I gave up. It was a really good day and all that I can say is that as well as providing an excellent way of sharing owner information, this website has allowed me to befriend a some of the nicest people I could ever wish to come across. This was proven both yesterday and at Warrington.

It took a lot of effort by Robert and Kingo flying in from afar which made our Pendalino/Underground adventure look rather meagre and I look forward to the next reason for a good bash.

Cheers

PS please don't underestimate the Pendalino experience as it is very hard to keep your coffee in your cup during all that tilting.....

........wait for it!

DSCF1171.jpg

Is it a broken mirror? If it's a wheel, can't they afford proper rubber?

OK This thread may get to big and takes an age to open every time.. All you lot still on 56K if this still exists have no chance. Even takes a while on 8meg broadband...

So to take this issue of speed and slowness I have uploaded my photo's (removed some incriminating ones :rolleyes: :rolleyes:) onto Google Picasa

Thanks for those Chatman, some good stuff and a smart idea :thumbsup: Feels like I've had a quick virtual tour of the show.

For some reason, I quite like the Flying Spur picture :) ;).

DSCF1171.jpg

Is it a broken mirror? If it's a wheel, can't they afford proper rubber?

Do you think it's getting closer to this old thing yet? :g:

auto_tire485.jpg

....and I should be working :nono:

.....oh, did you manage to "lift" that SR180 grill for LH? :lol:

Ive just noticed from one of Chatmans photo's that a spotlight must have been shining on my baldspot..............why didnt anyone tell me?

Great day out folks, nice to meet up with some old and new faces, I had a great day, the WALK back to the airport was a nightmare, the flight closes 20 minutes before take off and I arrived with 2 minutes spare, all I can say is thank god for internet check in, I already had the borading card and just had to run to the gate. The plane was there waiting for everybody to board, and actor Billy Murray (AKA DS Don Beech of the bill plus Eastenders?) sat just opposite, giving some guff to the stewardess about nobody telling him the flight was boarding, must have been in some VIP lounge in the air con as I was sweating like a racehorse at the long walk in that sunshine

I will post the pictures up too, got in at 8pm and was in bed by 9 :eek: some will remember that I was up at 2.30AM the night before and I think it all caught up with me :lol: nothing to do with a few beers, food and a route march hike of course :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Just a very quick message (in a clients office) to say had a good time and good to meet all you guys :thumbsup:

I'll post again when I eventually get home some time this week (Devon is a Loooong way from London :( )

the look on the young fella's face when he was asked where the spare tyre is on the Rav4, and has to say, "Actually, this has run-flat tyres on it and they're great" His PDA didn't help him - it was too small to crouch behind

P7290201.jpg

I feel sorry for the young chap, I know he is injury prone, but who would have thought, Michael Owen, would end up selling cars, no wonder he had no idea about run-flats :backofnet:

PS please don't underestimate the Pendalino experience as it is very hard to keep your coffee in your cup during all that tilting.....

........wait for it!

Yes, this is a reference to me spilling coffee down my shirt 5 mins after boarding our pendalino, I blame it on two inept train drivers one who thought he was Jeremy Clarkson, and the other who can strip an engine in 20 mins, but took from stockport to rugby to work out how to open the lid on a coffee cup

resulting in me being the butt of some humour thru out the day, I find it a little coincidental that AM fetched the coffee, and had a chat with his compatriot prior to my supposed mis-hap :yes::yes:

Fun time had by all and a good excuse to rib Duncerduncs about all the spare wheels....The chap on the Toyota stand tried in vain to tell me that the wheels where good and that a can of Get Me Home sealant was also supplied (he's sinking fast at this point) then they would last for 100 miles (sinking faster than a brick in the sea now) most tyre companies can change the tyres (hit the bottom and berrying himself in the silt) and they would cost about £150 to replace..... the smirks and and other mumblings where heard from the other lot listening in.... :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

They've dropped the bluetooth/Satnav + Leather from the SR180 all optional now..... Add them to the price and brings it upto 27K

The reason Anchorman and me had the engine cover off was to see how we could quietly remove the grill for Local Hero....

DSCF1119.jpg

And this was the only important engine... Mine looks like this all clean and shiny :yes: :yes:

DSCF1124.jpg

Local Hero also found his next new Taxi...Get this in black..Place the Taxi sign on the roof and Viola........ :eek: :eek: (Dinky toys have re-branded them self)

DSCF1068.jpg

And this one is the of the mountain bike I'll be getting soon....

DSCF1104.jpg

........wait for it!

Yes, this is a reference to me spilling coffee down my shirt 5 mins after boarding our pendalino, I blame it on two inept train drivers one who thought he was Jeremy Clarkson, and the other who can strip an engine in 20 mins, but took from stockport to rugby to work out how to open the lid on a coffee cup

resulting in me being the butt of some humour thru out the day, I find it a little coincidental that AM fetched the coffee, and had a chat with his compatriot prior to my supposed mis-hap :yes::yes:

Rumbled!

Yeah! Finally got home after being at Motorshow on Tuesday! Anyone would think I have a Landrover and needed to wait for various recovery trucks to relay me back to Devon :D

I am not sure I was looking with THAT much luuuurve at the Honka stand :no: maybe more in wonder at how ugly the CR-V is :crybaby:

I really liked the Urban Cruiser, have to say - very tasty :thumbsup: The Beer at the Toyota stand was quite tasty as well ;)

The Beer at the Toyota stand was quite tasty as well ;)

Yes indeed, forgot to mention that myself. :beer: very nice. Asahi = Rising Sun, apparently. Quite a cool website, too (Over 18s only....)

Ok, Nowt to do with RAV4 but this is a nice little runabout on the Lexus stand which is bound to be a bargain price when it is released ....

Concept-1Large.jpg

Concept-2Large.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

The Beer at the Toyota stand was quite tasty as well ;)

And all the better for being free, :yes: Iwas going to post more car pics but we all really photo'd the same cars so heres some alternatives...

Londonmotorshow042.jpg

The two ladies on the Lotus stand had clearly spotted me +anchs, the one at the rear was obviously keen to demonsrate THE LOTUS POSITION, and the young guy at the front who looks all misty eyed, had spotted Chatman from afar. Speaking of Chatman, notice all our travel stories? well this was no problem for him,, sailed straight up the thames +moored the Chattermeran right outside (how cool is that)?

Londonmotorshow043.jpg

These 2 characters looking pleased with themselves :yes:

Londonmotorshow004.jpg

10 mins previously..

Londonmotorshow013.jpg

Hoovie out of camera disconnects the wiring, while Chatman releases the multi media player, and anchs sits nonchalantly instructing the whole operation

these boys had done this be-fore :yes: Watch out for hoovies next project, Fitting a multi media player to a 4.2 :thumbsup:

I reckon AM is eyeing up that wheel on the wall display .... :g: what would that look like on my 4.3 ;)

I like the 'Chattermeran' - very good :thumbsup:

I like the 'Chattermeran' - very good :thumbsup:

They even slapped a price tag on it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....Too think I cant moor up anywhere I like now without someone doing something to me cruiser :angry: :angry:

Yep and I was also hoping for a dockside greeting from a bevy of gorgeous blond babes... but all I got was these two....... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: and one was smoking a crack pipe :o

DSCF1066.jpg

Had to drag me kicking and screaming away from the Hummer stand....This one even had handles on the front so when you knock over some eco friendly sandle wearing ban the 4x4 protester, they have something to hang onto :arrgg-matey:

DSCF1052.jpg

And a little look inside the Kuga..........Nice car...............Split tailgate too and a spare wheel...... :D :D :D

DSCF1094.jpg

DSCF1095.jpg

Last one is of the inside of the Toyota iQ...this car will have everything.... Heated seats, Climate, Digital Radio, Command centre incoporating Satnav etc etc etc....more toys and gadgets than James Bonds Aston....and can seat four... but the very nice lady would not let us near it... had too use zoom lenses to get decent shots as it was all fenced off.....

DSCF1142.jpg

Great pics everyone! did you get any good freebies from the show?

Free beer from Toyota thanks to Kingo flashing (his biz card, naughty :rolleyes: )

Oh, and I got a T-Shirt with "Babe Magnet" on ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links