Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

London Motor Show Meet

duncerduncs

Good news Rob, I can now do the Wednesday too :thumbsup:

So could everyone who wishes to come along confirm their willingness to attend on the 30th July, and I'll book the tickets :D

I've got until Monday to book them

Yep count me in...

Add name to list:

1. duncerdunc + Mrs duncerdincs

2. Chatman + little miss chatchick

3. Anchorman?

4. Hoovie?

5. Parts King?

6. Robert6920?

Date was the 30th July......Wednesday....

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chatman

• Hoovie

• Parts-King

• Robert6920

I could fly EXT-MAN-CLY instead of driving :lol:

It cost me £60 in fuel to drive to Wembley, plus umpteen hours in the car and back at 10 at night, and the most important thing was I could'nt have a :beer: The flight option is looking better all the time ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

One last change of date then.... :lol:

Date will now be Tuesday 29th July

I have 8 tickets all costing £50 each... sorry, I seemed to have put a zero on the end! :P

I have 8 tickets all costing £5 each.

So far we have:

Mr + Mrs Duncyduncs, Anchorman, Chatman & Hoovie all wishing to come. Would anyone else like to come?

So Tuesday now? Are we fixed on that?? I need to fiddle a meeting in the office to help pay for the petrol you see ;)

Tuesday it is, happy fiddling! ;)

I have 8 tickets all costing £50 each... sorry, I seemed to have put a zero on the end! :P

So far we have:

Mr + Mrs Duncyduncs, Anchorman, Chatman & Hoovie all wishing to come. Would anyone else like to come?

Yes please duncerduncs, please put me down for a ticket (and pm me if possible, too) Thanks everso in advance

Hmmmmm..........VLM Airline.......MAN-LCY Daft o'clock early start but £120 return.............let me know the date chosen

Kingo, make sure that includes all the add ons (I think in UK they have to advertise the total fare, but it's worth checking) Don't forget, you can only bring little bits of toiletries on board in your carry-on bag, so you won't be able to bring a magnum of Brut aftershave to "splash on all over" and impress the ladies..... :naughty:

So far we have:

Duncerduncs.... No prob but as I have a friend who works for News International in London...they gave me some tickets....FREE... nice word these days.. so not to miss a gift horse... I accepted them with much joy... :D :D

I can make the Tuesday as well no problem....Just need a place to congregate at...either first thing or sometime during the day....as most of us will be coming via the great and reliable DLR...at the Custom House Stop... could meet just inside afetr the ticket sales office... Click HERE for map.....

So far we have:

Yes please duncerduncs, please put me down for a ticket (and pm me if possible, too) Thanks everso in advance

Hmmmmm..........VLM Airline.......MAN-LCY Daft o'clock early start but £120 return.............let me know the date chosen

Kingo, make sure that includes all the add ons (I think in UK they have to advertise the total fare, but it's worth checking) Don't forget, you can only bring little bits of toiletries on board in your carry-on bag, so you won't be able to bring a magnum of Brut aftershave to "splash on all over" and impress the ladies..... :naughty:

Right then............I'm flying down in a Fokker 50 :eek:

Daft O'clock start so if any Blackbirds need waking up, I should be able to give 'em a nudge when leaving the house

Any tickets going duncerduncs or will I have to blag one from somewhere?

Robert: As I'm only flying MAN-LCY I cant buy any duty free Brut..........How you fixed for getting me a gallon or two from DUB? :lol:

I reckon a good place to meet would be errrr.........the bar ;)

Robert: As I'm only flying MAN-LCY I cant buy any duty free Brut..........How you fixed for getting me a gallon or two from DUB? :lol:

Aaah, we're in the EU, too = no Duty Free (unless, of course, you are an MEP, cos they still get it :o )

Actually, I was talking about being careful what you put in your manbag, and then try to get thru MAN security with a nailfile, lipgloss, perfume etc. It has to be in a little (no more than 100ml) container and the whole lot goes in a clear plastic bag. But I know I'm preaching to the converted cos you all fly so you know the score

And if you forget, or leave your baggage unattended...... :blowup:

There will be no man bag with me on that day, just me phptographic ID (Passport) and a few :beer: whoooo hooooo

No problem with the ticket Kingo :thumbsup:

Just to recap, those with tickets are Mr + Mrs Duncerduncs, Anchorman, Kingo, Hoovie and Robert6920

Those with friends in the right places: Chatman :lol:

I can get to Euston for 9.00am so I guess it will be 9.30-10 when I get there. Are we meeting somewhere or is there some other means of collecting the tickets?

It will be quite bit later for me I think. Be about a 3 hour drive to get to a location where I then get a train to london and DLR (so another 1 Hour plus)

I can get to Euston for 9.00am so I guess it will be 9.30-10 when I get there. Are we meeting somewhere or is there some other means of collecting the tickets?

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: when was the last time you where on a tube in London....

Not a chance of getting to Excel in that time frame, remember its London Transport (work to their own schedule and time zone).... any how it open doors at 10:00am..... we could congregate outside or just inside the West Entrance.....

PM me your mobile numbers and I can co-ordinate the RV point.... :D :D :D :D

As I've got the tickets to get in, we'll need to meet outside!

I was thinking about nearer 11-11:30, so we can allow the rush hour to finish :thumbsup:

I don't want to post the tickets out to individuals, just in case you don't get them! :shutit:

GOOD

I didn't fancy getting up in the middle of the night!

Can have an extra hour in the sack.

Eeeee.

Sorry chapssss

would have liked to have gone but will still be drying out after holiday in Gozo....back on the Sunday and an overnight in Luton on Saturday (sooooo looking forward to that bit!)

RAVs will still be in garage I guess and the minibus is still misbehaving re coolant and oil so short journeys only. And I would need to set off 3 weeks yesterday ago to come down in landrover and miss holiday.

Have a nice time gooing at all the cars!

As I've got the tickets to get in, we'll need to meet outside!

I was thinking about nearer 11-11:30, so we can allow the rush hour to finish :thumbsup:

I don't want to post the tickets out to individuals, just in case you don't get them! :!Removed!:

11.30 :eek: I will have delivered the milk AND been round the show by then..........Some of us from 'up North will be in the smoke by 7.30 :lol:

Anybody know where you can get tripe and onions for breakfast in Landon? ;)

No problem with the ticket Kingo :thumbsup:

Just to recap, those with tickets are Mr + Mrs Duncerduncs, Anchorman, Kingo, Hoovie and Robert6920

Those with friends in the right places: Chatman :lol:

Those needing to meet outside because you ain't got yea tickets yet :lol: .. we're meeting at between 11 and 11:30 (can get cheap rate travel ticket then :rolleyes: ) at the west entrance this is the stop Custom House on the DLR (Anchorman these trains have no driver's :yes: remote control train set)

I'll do a TOC Sign only small mind say A4 if the mods have no problem with this.... or just get that picture of Anchorman's image as Brad RAV.... :lol: :lol: should attach the crowds.....

2008-07-08_215133.png

maybe an idea to swap phone numbers around a bit in case someone (me!) is late

maybe an idea to swap phone numbers around a bit in case someone (me!) is late

I'll be there (as long as CityJet do the business) and will pm my mobile number

Edit - just tried to send PM to everyone at once, it won't do that so have sent to duncerduncs and will pm everyone else after I have earned a crust at work today - in fact, I will pm in the pm :lol:

Just checking out my journey and I see that Custom House DLR is closed now until next year!. Only been to Excel once before so not au fair with best alternatives. I think it is Canning Town on Jubilee Line, but may be worth checking for those guys gettin public transport.

Now a Question: My plan is to get a Train from Aldershot to Waterloo. Any tips on getting the cheapest fare, considering I will be arriving after 10am?

Just checking out my journey and I see that Custom House DLR is closed now until next year!. Only been to Excel once before so not au fair with best alternatives. I think it is Canning Town on Jubilee Line, but may be worth checking for those guys gettin public transport.

I've just checked the TfL website, and Custom House is shown as being open :wacko:

I've just checked the TfL website, and Custom House is shown as being open :wacko:

I googled to double-check best station, ended up at THIS website: http://www.excel-london.co.uk/en/visitors/.../rail_tube.html

and the text says:

"DLR Service Changes

Tower Gateway station will be closed from Saturday 28th June 2008 until Spring 2009 for modification works to allow three-carriage trains to operate into the station from 2010, as well as improved platform space and weather protection.

During this time, visitors wishing to use the DLR from Central London to ExCeL, should use King George V services from Bank and change at Canning Town for Beckton bound services.

Additionally, from Monday 30th June 2008, trains from Custom House for ExCeL will terminate at Canning Town where visitors should change for direct DLR services back into Central London or use the Jubilee line as required."

I dunno - just what I read :rolleyes:

EDIT: I mixed up me stations, didn't I! sorry for being a dope :ffs: - whichis the best station for Excel then?

Now a Question: My plan is to get a Train from Aldershot to Waterloo. Any tips on getting the cheapest fare, considering I will be arriving after 10am?

Hoovie, You'll need a "Super Value Advance Semi Peak Non Month With An 'A' In It Single Saver" (note you can only buy the ticket if you're standing on your head) ticket if you're going to do that journey... :lol:

An Off Peak travel card is £20.20

It'll cover your return train journey, plus covers you on the Underground and DLR ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links