Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Problems With My 2000 Corolla

Nargis

I hate to say this but I am suspecting that my Toyota must have been made in the US and not Japan. As soon as it was over 3 yrs old, and out of warranty, stuff started going wrong. Now I keep having problems with the passenger side front door. I need a SCHEMATIC diagram of the inside of where the window stuff is.....maybe I can take the darn thing apart myself. I am a lady but I am not a RICH one who can afford to keep going to the dealer. I LOVE my car, but the romance is getting a bit thin now! ANyone know if there is any schematic diagram available on the net which I can print out?

Nargis

hey nargis. i would recommend u dont goto toyota but to a dodgy little electrics joint. look it up in the yellow pages and they should b able to fix it cheap. if it were me id do it myself, its pretty easy and dosnt really require a schematic, itll prob just ba gear or the motor for ur power windows.

to remove the door timmings there is usually a few screws commonly located next to the handle and under the arm rest. once they r all taken out then pull it from the bottom and the clips holding it in will come out. then u remove some plastic sheeting and itll all b there. to put the trimming back just press the clips in..

btw wer do u live?

Hi Illuminati/ Thanks for your comments. Actually it is not the window, but the door. First there were some screws that loosened and fell out which hold in the latch thingy which causes it to be closed or not closed...got that fixed..then next door problem now is that it's stuck closed again only this time the pop up lock which sits next to the window on the side is halfway up, halfway down and just STUCK like that..and door can't be opened at all. I think it's mechanical, not electrical but I really don't know about this stuff at all actually as you can probably tell. If it's a simple mechanical thing I was thinking i can open it up and just figure out what went wrong.....

I am in Southern Calif.