Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Most Miles Out Of A Full Tank?

fowlyetti

Just wondering what sort of miles people are getting from a full tank.. with the price of fuel i decided to get most value out of the fuel and drive slower.. as in 60miles an hour on motorway! :unsure: I manager 441 before i decided i didnt want to risk anymore of the flashing bottom bar.. probably could have got another 10-20 miles out of it tho.. whats anyones record? Mines a 2001 1 litre Yaris - 91k miles.

around 280 off £40 :P

but then again i dont really try and take it easy haha

and thats lots of city driving

Went to silverstone today to watch the world series and got 190 miles from £35!

400 out of about £40. Couldve gone further but didnt want to risk it.

Regular get 550 if it drops below 530 I tell myself off!!!!

Mind you it is a Diesel.

I think the most I've ever got out of a 1.3 is 375. If I get less than 330 I sulk!

That was achieved on a 1.3 with approx 35k miles on the clock.

Not in a Yaris this, but worth a mention maybe.....I got 710 miles out of the Peugeot 308 HDi (Short Term Company Car) i am driving at the moment, mainly motorway driving with the air con mostly off.

Pretty impressed-Shame the rest of the car utter junk! :lol:

I think the most I've ever got out of a 1.3 is 375. If I get less than 330 I sulk!

But was that on the motorway or just local driving ?

As we know, it makes a hell of a difference if one drives on the motorway (where the speed is more or less constant, thereby more miles being achieved), than in the city, where you're having to stop and start frequently.

Locally, I'd say I get about 135-140 miles on £20.00, but as someone mentioned, with petrol increasing, we'd have to knock that down by about 10 miles...

Oh, and I've also got a 1.3 (but with about 65k on the clock) :)

Hi,

I just got 476 miles out of my tank. 1ltr petrol car.

My friend just had to come and fetch me a 5ltr jerry can as i was sat by the side of the road.

do they have an engine cuttoff only it didnt splutter at all - it just turned off.

do they have an engine cuttoff only it didnt splutter at all - it just turned off.

No ........................You ran out of petrol :rolleyes: ;)

Not a wise thing to be doing without a spare can of fuel in the back as being stopped at the roadside can be rather dangerous these days.

P.S....................Remember to give Jerry his can back ;) :lol:

Hi, we get about...

375 miles sper tank full in the '08 yaris Sr (750 miles on the clock)

260 mile per tank full in our '06 Mazda MX5 2.0 (weekend car 6000 miles on the clock)

Last year, I ran a '91 saab 900 turbo for my daily commute, this averaged 44mpg with 175bhp on tap can ayone better this?

Cheers

512miles in me 1.0 phase 1 yaris filled the tank and the filler pipe up, it was a very slow conservative week never belive ive blown the gearbox on it lol whoops.

As we know, it makes a hell of a difference if one drives on the motorway (where the speed is more or less constant, thereby more miles being achieved), than in the city, where you're having to stop and start frequently.

Locally, I'd say I get about 135-140 miles on £20.00, but as someone mentioned, with petrol increasing, we'd have to knock that down by about 10 miles...

I do a real mix of the two to be honest - driving to work entails a 6 mile stint on the dual carriageway and approx 10 miles on 30 mph limit roads, I do that journey 5 days a week. Weekends vary between more dual carriageway driving, occasional 70 mile each way trips on the Motorway to see family or just quick short journeys.

So definately not just one of the other - a real combination and learning not to strain the engine either way that much.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't check my mpg very often, but I did today when I filled up my 1.3. It has now done just under 1,800 miles.

I have done 261 miles since I last topped up the tank. ( Last time I could not squeeze any more fuel in it !!! )

I did the same today and put 22.90 lits. again could not squeeze any more fuel in it !!!

22.9 lit. = 5.0396 imp. gallons. ( 4.544 lit. = 1 gallon )

This works out to 51.79 mpg. :rolleyes:

This was done on a mixture of roads, ie. motorways/duel carriageways, country lanes, towns, cities, dartmoor ( lots of very steep hills ) etc.

I am very impressed with the economy, I know that I am a very sedate driver, but I do cruise at 70 when on duel carriageways etc.

• 2 weeks later...

1.3 Yaris Verso X reg - once squeezed 460 out of a full tank, and still could do 440 if I dared let her run dry.

Not in a Yaris this, but worth a mention maybe.....I got 710 miles out of the Peugeot 308 HDi (Short Term Company Car) i am driving at the moment, mainly motorway driving with the air con mostly off.
Pug 308 has just got itself into the Guiness Book Of Records

http://www.peugeot.com.au/PEUGEOT/AU/me.ge...ow&FFFF2391

http://motortorque.askaprice.com/news/auto...consumption.asp

90.75 MPG is what it achieved to break the record.

I just got 300 miles out of my ts. Thats only up to the warning light, filled up straight away. Worked out to be 38mpg at a cost of 14p mile.

i went to the Lizard in Cornwall a few weeks ago,

i filled the tank before i left.

Arrived at the Lizard with the trip telling me i had 60mile left of fuel.

from home to the Lizard is around 305mile,

so i guess mines getting aroud 350/360 mile to the tank.

my fual gauge is useless, often goes from full to empty, then i park for a little while turn ignition back on and i have half a tank all of a sudden, i often get 380 ish to a full tank, 1ltr X reg. But i do make use of its vvt i engine....

• 4 weeks later...

Currently getting a regular 58 mpg out of 1999 1.0 GS (85k), about 560 miles per tank. That's about 9p per mile. Mainly dual carriage way and local country roads with some in town driving. I do now drive like a giffer in a beige Allegro though as I'm doing 19k per year and have to pay for most of it myself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links