Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Induction Kit?

Dangerous

Christmas is over (than God) and as usuall i am taken all the crap that i got back to the shops for a refund. With the money I want an induction kit. I know Green make one but not sure how much it is and where to get if from. Also I heard about a dragon intake.

Can Anyone shed some light on this for me?

Cheers and a Happy New Year

:thumbsup:

Yea Green are the only company who make a direct fit one, it fits the Paseo & the Rolla.

I've got one & it's quite nice, good sound (especially with a dual cold air feed) without being to loud like some K&N's.

You'll be able to grab one at most on-line places or motor factors, or go gold & get one then you'll save yourself some of the subscription fee straight away!

As for Dragon I believe this is an import job from the states, but if you can be bothered with it from what I've seen it's quite nice. :thumbsup:

Give me a shout if you want some pics of the Green one. :thumbsup:

Yea Green are the only company who make a direct fit one, it fits the Paseo & the Rolla.

I've got one & it's quite nice, good sound (especially with a dual cold air feed) without being to loud like some K&N's.

You'll be able to grab one at most on-line places or motor factors, or go gold & get one then you'll save yourself some of the subscription fee straight away!

As for Dragon I believe this is an import job from the states, but if you can be bothered with it from what I've seen it's quite nice. :thumbsup:

Give me a shout if you want some pics of the Green one. :thumbsup:

actually, I havn't heared anything about Weapon-R's dragon intakes except that they cost too much. I think everything except for green or whatever is here in the States, so that may not be worth the money. Green, I can't help you on, never heared of it, can I see a pic? I'm sure AEM is a regular thing over there, so if you want to do wome work, you can do what I'm about to and get an intake from a 5th gen ('94-'97) Honda Accord and cut some amount of it off, and reconnect it with and air bypass valve, and you'll have a true CAI without Battery relocation. I actually already have the intake, just need an Air Bypass and a pipe cutter.

• 3 weeks later...

went to my local motorworld and the green induction kit is listed for a 1.6 paseo multipoint injection is this the one i need? :bookworm:

there is no 1.6L Paseo. hmmm. it's probably the one that fits, though. I have the weapon-R Dragon Intake, and It's routed further away from the engine than the green kit, and unless you have a custom air feed like Si, you'll only be getting hot air. Mine gets a good amoung of cool air for being a short ram-air intake. It also makes a fantastic roar. As for it being expensive, I got mine for $120 including shipping in the states, but I am bidding on another one for $20. Imagine how I feel now! :crybaby: :censor:

Hi ya 97Paseo you couldnt post some pics of your induction kit could you please?!?

I'm now waiting to get conformation of going GOLD!!! :thumbsup:

Anyone that hasnt gone gold yet, do it its worth it.

went to my local motorworld and the green induction kit is listed for a 1.6 paseo multipoint injection is this the one i need? :bookworm:

Yea thats it, they list it as that for some reason. :thumbsup:

I'll post new pics later for you Matt. ;)

cheers mate,

Has the induction kit made much of a difference to the car? Can you feel it respond better?

Cant wait to see pics.

Has the induction kit made much of a difference to the car? Can you feel it respond better?

It makes a massive difference to the noise it makes! Sounds sweet now, especially since I set up the second cold air feed & in conjunction with the exhaust, turns heads occasionally. :D

Hard to say if you can notice a difference to responce, you'll use more fuel just through gunning it all the time to hear the noise! :yes:

Anyway here's a couple of quick pics:

(Bit of a dodgy patch of something bad by the plug leads, only just noticed that, hope it's nothing to worry about.... :unsure: )

post-47-1074695319.jpg

looks tidy - how much did it set u back ?

im looking for an induction kit atm, im in between the green induction kit, or the dragon r one. Problem is dragon r has to come from the states - and im not a patient person :rolleyes:

stupid question i know - but is the green induction kit better than the standard inction system thing on the cynos - cos its quite a hefty thing already

To be honest it sits too close to the engine to be fantastic, I need to sort that either through a heat sheild or a length of Samco type hosing.

You won't get induction roar with a standard air box unless you drill it, you could fit an ugraded panel filter if you don't want to spend loads, mine was £80 odd through Gold. :thumbsup:

drilling the box sounds like a temp. plan :thumbsup: lol !

ne idea how much bhp the induction kit adds ? about 5-7 im guessing

That does look awesome and i know the sound your talking bout as my mate has got a 1.8 VTR citroen xsara and hes got a green induction kit on it and with his new back box you can hear it suck!!! :D

I think i might have to get a green when im allowed in gold. You didnt have to relocate the Battery did you? Is it worth me trying to fit the filter near the front beofre i start? Or if i get a heat shield is that just as good with a cold air feed?

Doing a heat shield will help but it's not vital. Cold air feed is quick & easy to do.

I haven't relocated the Battery just junked all the old air box crud except the original air feed which I've kept as a second feed. The other one goes over the Battery & down behind the headlight, comes out behind the lower grille.

My mates got a K&N on his Rover Coup & that's much louder than my Green kit, I'm happy with it though. :)

well it is nice to have a loud air feed but k&n dont do one for the paseo do they?

I think it's prob best that the noise comes from the engine and exhaust and just get a hint from the induction kit.

Yeah i thik ill prob do a heat shield of some description and keep the original air feed. thanks for the pics. :thumbsup:

well it is nice to have a loud air feed but k&n dont do one for the paseo do they?

No they don't although you could do a custom one, I find the Green just loud enough really. :thumbsup:

WOW thats no time at all and will give me a little boost!

Does it affect the MOT or insurance. I know its only a little mod but you know what these MOT and insurance places are like on modded cars!

Dude,

Jackie, from X-Racing, posted me a MONZA air filter for my seo. Its domed and it takes up ALOT less space in the engine.

Have u tried this yet??? :thumbsup: