Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis With A Gt- Four Engine

G6-R

A while ago I said I'm not into modding, but seeing this leaves me very tempted to have a rethink about that opinion :drool:

it will cost a lot of money but than you have something SPECIAL :yes::drool:

looks well done too

• 1 month later...

I am the owner of the Avensis.

It costs a whole lot of money indeed. I hope that in a few days the wiring is completed and that i find the right axle (one does not fit, i need another one). Then the car can be filled up with fluids and be started for the first time. Then i can finally release the 220+ BHP on the road after 9 months of waiting for parts and rebuilding the engine and fitting the engine in the car. If the last axle can be located quick enough the car is ready next week.

Greets Sander

The rear brakes are converted from drum to discs. In a few months bigger brakes will be installed for the front, and the reardiscs and pads will be replaced with better brakes also.

Tomorrow we continue with the dash electronics. I now have all the electrical wiring diagrams we needed.

Could you share the 4A-FE ECU pin outs?

Thanks and good luck...this site should be banned...it's leading everyone astray...!! :eek:

The rear brakes are converted from drum to discs. In a few months bigger brakes will be installed for the front, and the reardiscs and pads will be replaced with better brakes also.

Tomorrow we continue with the dash electronics. I now have all the electrical wiring diagrams we needed.

The reason I asked was I was half thinking of uprating my own! I've drums on the back, and I sometimes get the feeling that I could stop quicker... <_<

Is there much to this? My main worry was if the ABS controller had to be uprated.. any ideas?

To replace the rear brakes is very easy. Be sure you also get that little thing that determines how much pressure goes to front and how much goes to the rear brakes (don't know the exact word in english). Its located under the hood. The ABS system can be used because the disc brakes have them to. Its bolt on.

The amount of stopping power after the conversion is amazing. You also get a better feel in the pedal.

Good luck with the conversion, you wont regret it!!!

Greetings Sander

• 8 months later...

Terrible! This car is no longer stock and therefore out of warranty. I am prepared as a favour to exchange it for my 2003 T3-X to save the owner the terrible garage bills he will receive!

Terrible! This car is no longer stock and therefore out of warranty. I am prepared as a favour to exchange it for my 2003 T3-X to save the owner the terrible garage bills he will receive!

(Nice! Go on, swap you for mine)

if you are using MR2turbo shafts with the bolt together inner cv joint on an mr2 turbo box (nessasary as converting the GT4 box isnt that easy) then use the mr2 inner cup that fits the box and bolt ST185 shafts and outer joints to it, just done this myself and got to say it took minutes. wiring was a POP use the stock loom and add in nessasary wires can forward you the pinouts if nessasary.

cheers

lee