Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris T180 To Yaris Sr 1.4 D4d

DominicPriestley

Hi all,

Im thinking about changing my T180 Auris to a 1.4 D4D SR Yaris. The current price of diesel and the mileage I get from the Auris have made me want to step down a much smaler engine in the hope of better MPG and lower tax and insurance costs. Anyone able to give realistic mpg figures for the 1.4 d4d in a mix of driving conditions. Also any snags to watch on the SR and what discounts have people achieved on a new SR from dealer. I must be mad, but so are fuel prices.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dom

Hi all,

Im thinking about changing my T180 Auris to a 1.4 D4D SR Yaris. The current price of diesel and the mileage I get from the Auris have made me want to step down a much smaler engine in the hope of better MPG and lower tax and insurance costs. Anyone able to give realistic mpg figures for the 1.4 d4d in a mix of driving conditions. Also any snags to watch on the SR and what discounts have people achieved on a new SR from dealer. I must be mad, but so are fuel prices.

Dom

Hello Doom. Sorry Dom....

Yaris 1.4 D4D mine is a 2004 get 550 to the tank. Now approx £46. Norm about 500-575 so 60mpg plus.

I have put 15" wheels on and find the car rides so much better than the 14" alloys. Seats 4 in relative comfort. Most times its just the 2 of us. So I didnt need a bigger car. Mind you I did come down from a Volvo V70 estate.

Now dont miss it at all. The price of fuel back in 04 was high enough. Road tax £35. insurance £150 f/c 2 drivers.

Go get one you will not be dissapointed.

R

Hi all,

Dom

Dom, when you sell/swap your car it will cost you £1500 minimum as you will get trade on yours and you will pay retail (unless you sell private and buy the new car off the web at the best possible price). If you loose £1500 just in the transaction (ignoring deprication incurred on your Auris) then thats the saving you need to acheive to remain cost neutral, so taking in Road Tax and insurance and a bit more MPG if this will be worth £500 per year or more then in 3yrs of Yaris driving you will have broken even. As the cost to change is so great you will see a bit of a saving day to day but this cost will be the big one as the Yaris will be worth less than the Auris.

I hope helps/makes sense.

Have you looked a the new Seat Ibiza?

If the engines are the same as the old shape (which they more than likely are) the 100ps one is pretty good.

I was tempted to get the 130PS FR which is in a lower tax band than my 2l diesel (and mines 116ps) but i'm waiting to see what the new one is like.

I test drove the 1.9Td 100ps Sport and it was pretty good, the 1.4 yaris was ...... well lol!

Other than that there is a few decent diesel Corsas with a bit of punch, good mpg and a low tax band

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links