Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Sprint Series 2008 - Round 3

Boro Sera

Well the weather forecast isn't as good as last weekend was up here, but should still be a good event - and a lot dryer than the last time we were at the Teesside Autodrome ( Ain't that right Hou?? ) :P

Dude, the ocean is dryer then teeside was on that day, and its drifting next sat!

Im gutted I cant make this as I need a parmo but its a great track!

The forecast has changed AGAIN - ( gotta love local radio, they just guess all the time )

Apparently it's going to be pretty good here tomorrow.

Well,

A good day was had by all !

A 'light' shower halfway through made the track a bit on the slippy side and slowed the cars down a touch, but all in all it was a great day.

Nice to meet up with old friends and make a few new ones too !

Particularly impressed with the atmosphere and banter between all the drivers too - a really friendly bunch with some superb cars on show.

Entry level motorsport at its best.

Well done guys.........see you all in October for the dark race !

Just caught sight of this thread...

Had a brilliant day I think I was smiling/laughing all the way round every lap :D

I finally beat my fiance as she was overdriving the car a bit early on...

IMG_8270.JPG

IMG_8271.JPG

I finished 2nd in class and 21 overall out of 44 - not bad for a poorly MK1 MR2 me thinks B)

Jo (Fiance) won fastest female too B)

Teeside report

Travelled up to Middlesborough for the lastest round of the Toyota Sprint Series on the Friday. Nice uneventful trip up.

Saturday sampled the delights of Middlesborough’s shopping attractions before heading of the the Teeside autodrome for the event. It was to run from 4pm to 10pm .

Stickers attached without drama,scrutineering then out for the practice stuff and a look at the track…..

From the incar footage you will see how undulating the first section is with a blind negative camber section to concentrate the mind.

Did a 54.71 on my second timed lap but the heavens opened for the 3rd session and the track remained damp for the next 4 runs run 7 was a good one felt just right but unfortunately I had to slow down due to a spinning MR2 Turbo who then stalled which meant I had to do another one which was pant ! the final run was my fastest at 54.28 which left me 6th in Class and 10th overall which I’m quite chuffed with.

Some pics below

pitsr9.jpg

startlineer9.jpg

backstraightyv7.jpg

presentationql4.jpg

Video shot by spectator

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Moffe...nt=e64e9f13.pbr

incar footage of lap 2 and 3 and the aborted lap 7

Was a great day of racing! Nice to see everybody again and meet up with Boro Sera B)

Definitely recommend the venue if you get the chance to race there. Back we go in October for Round 5 :D

Paul.

Was a great day of racing! Nice to see everybody again and meet up with Boro Sera B)

Definitely recommend the venue if you get the chance to race there. Back we go in October for Round 5 :D

Paul.

Whilst the venue was fun in comparison to what we've had before, It doesn't compare to anything like Oulton, Cadwell, Anglesey or Donington, but then again those circuits aren't really suited to sprinting. It's also a pity Curborough could be shut down soon as that would be ace for future rounds (next year).