Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Down To 3 Cylinders...help!

Cassy

I wonder if anyone can help me, I've got a rev 2 Mark 2 MR2 and just recently I've noticed that the car has been giving me 3 cylinders and then sometimes it'll jump back upto 4.

On inspection of the spark leads, I find condensation inside one of them. I wipe it dry and put it back, start the engine and it runs on 4 cylinders without a problem for about 10 minutes before it decides to use 3 cylinders again!

When I take the lead off again, there's water inside once again.

I don't know where it's coming from and I don't know why the engine hasn't dried it out when it gets hot. The lead is intact so there should be no water getting in or out should there?

Can someone help me please? :crybaby:

im wondering if some wd40 would help drive water off... but i wouldnt swear it was the answer at this point as im not a techy :) If no definative reply comes ill ask someone later and post what he reckon.

best of luck solving it and i know someone will be along shortly with tech help :thumbsup:

im wondering if some wd40 would help drive water off... but i wouldnt swear it was the answer at this point as im not a techy :) If no definative reply comes ill ask someone later and post what he reckon.

best of luck solving it and i know someone will be along shortly with tech help :thumbsup:

Hi, Thanks for the reponse!

I've not tried that yet so I'll do that when I get home tonight!

Thanks!

WD40 will help but check that the hole the plug sits in hasnt got water in, seen it a couple of times on celicas but no idea where it comes from maybe from someone steam cleaning the engine bay

WD40 will help but check that the hole the plug sits in hasnt got water in, seen it a couple of times on celicas but no idea where it comes from maybe from someone steam cleaning the engine bay

Hi,

Thanks guys! I'll be trying the WD40 later on, I've left the lead off the plug to see if it'll dry out the inside in all this nice weather we're having. Now I wish I'd bought me a T-Bar!

Anyway, I'll let you know how I got on!

Thanks,

Caroline

Hi,

Thanks guys! I'll be trying the WD40 later on, I've left the lead off the plug to see if it'll dry out the inside in all this nice weather we're having. Now I wish I'd bought me a T-Bar!

Anyway, I'll let you know how I got on!

Thanks,

Caroline

I had a similar problem when I changed my TRD HT leads for Magnecor ones. Couldn't get a good seal around the top of the block with the Magnecors and after a heavy shower, 3 cylinders!. Ended up putting the TRD's back on. Similar to what the others have said, take the leads off, clean around the top of the block with WD40 & clean the rubber of the HT leads. Also make sure it isn't cracked. Let it all dry out throughly then replace.

Joe

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links