Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Starting

karen

Can anyone help? My yaris has just died!! I parked it on christmas eve as usual, no problems at all. Gone out this morning to the car and the engine sounds like nothing is firing. Sorry don't know technical descriptions here. The engine is turning over but very slugglish. Only thing I have done wrong is left the car unlocked overnight (mistake obviously!). Can anyone give me any clues. The dealer cannot help until monday so I am now trapped and unable to go to the sales which is a major disaster :)

P.S

Try not to bump start it, that is getting someone to push you while you are sitting in it and having it in first or second gear and when getting to a moderate speed letting the clutch out.

This can cause severe damage to the catalytic converter due to having un-burnt fuel in there.

How old is your Yaris?

Either the Battery is losing the charge (time for new battery) or you may have left something on like the courtesy light?

Thanks for reply but I do not think it is the Battery. It sounds like the ignition is not firing up the engine. Apart from leaving the doors unlocked there was no lights left on or anything like that. My yaris is sept 01. When I press the accelerator nothing happens just sounds very sluggish.

if you've been repeatedly trying to start it with the accelerator pushed down to the floor, the plugs are probably flooded with excess fuel. Waiting a while usually cures the problem, as the points dry out...but if it's over flooded, then the plugs need to come out, and be cleaned.

If she's turning over quite happily but your not getting ignition, then it's usually electrical.

Check plugs...dizzy cap.

Does the starter just keep turning, with no sign of any kind of ignition.... is the starter turning over...and she's trying to fire... but not quite catching?

I had the same problem a while back, i'd moved the car, and parked it on the drive like normal, but come the next morning, it wouldn't start, turned out that the engine had flooded itself. NOT from trying to start it, but from the fact that, when i had stopped and parked it, the pump hadn't stopped and had carried on to long, thus flooding the engine Probably summat a lot simplier than this but you never know do you????

P.S

Try not to bump start it, that is getting someone to push you while you are sitting in it and having it in first or second gear and when getting to a moderate speed letting the clutch out.

This can cause severe damage to the catalytic converter due to having un-burnt fuel in there.

How old is your Yaris?

Either the battery is losing the charge (time for new battery) or you may have left something on like the courtesy light?

***** cant i do that, i meant let the car roll at 30mphish with the power off, then start it as i need to go. dmmm

check the green led on the Battery to see if the Battery is dead

You did not leave any milk and cookies for santa in the car, he got p1ssed off and broke your car

Yeah, ive heard of this happening to other cars. I think it may have something to do with the fuel injection. If you start the car up then immediately switch it off without the engine being able to warm up to its normal temperature, it causes the engine to misfire...... Im not really a technician either but it does sound familiar............ :(

my car dunt start when i forget to disarm the 2nd immolizer

too many buttons to press, on the key and on the fob,

arm on the fob(only does the normal lock) then press lock twice on the key (double lock)

Is there any easy way to trigger the double lock