Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need New Glasses

vmail

Need some help choosing a frame and I want a good deal, seen these two at d&a

86089a.jpg83419a.jpg

which one do you think looks better? or is there a better one somewhere else

Cheers.

I like bottom ones but prefer them to be all one colour (black) frame rather than front bit to be silver. but if you like them so be it, like ones i got by 'guess' thats looks similer style to bottom one thats all one colour more or less minus some unnotice bits & the lense lol.

I like the top ones.

Its all personal preference, and without knowing what kind of head you've got its impossible to say which ones suit ya! Take someone else who knows you when trying stuff on.

Try and make sure they put lenses in without that 'Sting' logo though - I bet that'd really get on your nerves after a while...! ;)

humm.. would have to see ure face shape & colouring!

i work at specsavers, get 2 pairs of designer frames (that people have actually heard of) for £125 all in...

beats gettin ripped off at d&a & VE :thumbsup:

a few pics of me

s582275853_143581_3191.jpgs582275853_159553_6705.jpgs582275853_172740_5650.jpgs582275853_330401_8761.jpg

the name isnt that important, just want something to look good

not checked d&a prices yet, will do that when I get back from barcelona, I'll be able to get a free eye test from d&a

not seen a frame that I like at specsavers, they look a bit boring

if I go with specsavers can I have two designers with reaction lense for £174?

u can have one pair with free reactions, or two designers

if u wanted 2 pairs both with reactions your looking at £223 as reactions are £49 per pair

if you work in IT then u can have a free eye test anywhere as your employer should pay for it :thumbsup:

'should' but might not

I was very concious of how id look when i got my glasses....

Id recommend doing what i did which is when in the shop approach the hottest(your personal preference) lady available and really nicely explain that you would like their opinion on what makes you look nice.

If theres more than one all the better...

If you like the glasses they say make you look handsome then go with it :thumbsup:

I did this; had 3 ladies and a gentleman with other persuasions advising, and ended up with some really nice glasses(normal and shades) im always happy that i got ;) They were wonderful ppl!

If they wont help then just ask another :D

u can have one pair with free reactions, or two designers

if u wanted 2 pairs both with reactions your looking at £223 as reactions are £49 per pair

if you work in IT then u can have a free eye test anywhere as your employer should pay for it :thumbsup:

I went to SpecSavers for the first time a couple of months ago. Should have used them long ago. Delighted with the attention & service.

I had had Bifocals & asked about Varifocals. Got good advice, & ended up with a pair of the Top of range lenses. I went to the frame display rack & found exactly what I wanted. I like nearly invisible frames with virtually no rims to the lenses.

Another big +, but not of use to V Mail, is that being of a "certain" age :crybaby: I took the 25% off option, instead of the 2 for 1.

I found after 2 weeks, that the nose pads were crucifying me. Went back & they put on larger, telling me that if that didn't work they would replace the frames f.o.c.

Cost? euro321.00 less 25% = Euro247.50 :yahoo:

No ! I am not on commission, just a happy camper :thumbsup:

Try here, brilliant prices, first class service, superfast delivery. No, I'm not on commission, simply p'd off with getting ripped off for specs in Ireland and the UK

websites such as framesdirect/specsdirect will be illegal soon enough, the GOC state that the customer has to be present when dispensing the glasses, as measurements need to be taken, ie: pupillary distance... and 2bh... anyone who can measure there own, i will eat my hat!

Bizarra- we do 30% off for being a certain age! or is it 25% because of the difference in the euro and the pound??

websites such as framesdirect/specsdirect will be illegal soon enough, the GOC state that the customer has to be present when dispensing the glasses, as measurements need to be taken, ie: pupillary distance... and 2bh... anyone who can measure there own, i will eat my hat!

Bizarra- we do 30% off for being a certain age! or is it 25% because of the difference in the euro and the pound??

Don't know, Hun. It is definitely only 25% off here.

There is a major rumpus going on at the moment. Irish Dail Mail did a survey & found that nearly all the Fashion Chain Stores had the prices on their tags in Euro & Stg. Guess what ? Surprise, surprise :eek: When they converted the Euro to Stg there was a 25 - 50% markup.

After that came to light, the Stg price was either blacked out or torn off. They compared Tesco here & in the UK. Same story. :crybaby:

The usual excuses were trotted out- cost of trading, rents, wages etc. The prices Control Commission (whatever) say they are powerless to intervene.

I'll be over & ask for you when I'm due my next test & check up :wub::lol:

Don't know, Hun. It is definitely only 25% off here.

There is a major rumpus going on at the moment. Irish Dail Mail did a survey & found that nearly all the Fashion Chain Stores had the prices on their tags in Euro & Stg. Guess what ? Surprise, surprise :eek: When they converted the Euro to Stg there was a 25 - 50% markup.

After that came to light, the Stg price was either blacked out or torn off. They compared Tesco here & in the UK. Same story. :crybaby:

The usual excuses were trotted out- cost of trading, rents, wages etc. The prices Control Commission (whatever) say they are powerless to intervene.

I'll be over & ask for you when I'm due my next test & check up :wub::lol:

!Removed! hell, what a rip off! im coming over to ireland in two weeks for a wedding... the euro is totally gonna frazzle my brain :(

haha.. i dare you to come over :P

Aaah, you send them your prescription, they make 'em up. Given that the frames are half the UK (or Ireland) price, people who can find a way around the protectionism of trade associations, will. Alternatively, the opticians could lower their prices......

• 3 weeks later...

not happy with specsavers, paid 85quid and went for the free reactions and I was shocked when they told me it work take a week and not 1 hour to make

when I got the glasses there was no fitting service, the glasses felt as if they were gonna fall off, I was told that its because I have chosen a frame which is not a wrap around frame

I went back to them a week later because the glasses have created a groove in my head, they altered the frame but it still felt as if the glasses were going to fall off

this is because the glasses are heavy at the front and they are a whopping 8 mm thick on the outer edge,

When I asked if this is this how pentax lenses are? They first said it had to do with my prescription, even though my old glasses had thinner lenses, then they said it had to do with the shape of the frame then finally they said its to allow me see thought long distances

They had lost my details on their computer system and they don't have the option to find me using a postcode

And then I was told it would cost me a further £159 to make the lenses 40% thinner and lighter

Never had this prob with Vision Express. Went back cos not happy with lenses n the re tested and altered them slightly, had got 2 for the price of £99 n said I didnt like one of them, so they changed the frames as well as altering the prescription. I'm a very happy customer!!!!!!!! B)

yes matt the go dark in the sun

yeah might have to go back to vision express

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links