Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina Bhp

Toyota_Carina_GTi

Hi folks.

I have a 1993 Toyota Carina 2.0i GTi Twin Cam 16v.

www.parkers.co.uk says that the 1993 model has 155bhp, yet the 1994 has 173bhp, does anyone know how I can get the extra brake horse power ? is it a simple ECU modification ?

Finally, when I rev my Carina, the revs seam to take a while to come back down again, does anyone know what that could be ?

Cheers :thumbsup:

there are 2types of 3sge engine no you cant change ecu, i would rather have the early 3s 158bhp,went much better but not as smooth mate :thumbsup:

Hiya Matt,

As I mentioned on carina-e, you can swap the ECU (I know of a few people who have done so and it works fine), but I'd still down lines of actual engine mods to increase performance.

Rach x

Finally, when I rev my Carina, the revs seam to take a while to come back down again, does anyone know what that could be ?

it happens with most toyotas built +/- 1990 its to do with a throttle sensor i think, but its normal, it happens with my car, my dads camry and my uncles 2001 landcruiser

Hello, i have a carina gti to 158 hp after1994 the engine has a upgrade 175 hp, it also happend on the mr2

sorry for the bad english but i am from Holland The Nederlands

Please look at www.carina-avensisclub.nl.

thanx see you

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links