Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Change Yaris

dakmel

Does anyone know if its possible to change the oil and filter on my 2005 1.4 D4D without having to jack the car up or putting it on ramps. I've had a look underneath but can't see the oil filter or drain plug.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

It's possible but you'll be rolling around on your back and will need a shallow tub that can catch about 4 litres of used engine oil, well probably less after its splashed all over your face.

Drain plug should be easy to spot, black tub (sump) at the bottom of the block there will be the plug, and the filter will be towards the front of the block.

I have a phase 1 D-4D and had a similar dilemna. On the phase one there is a plastic undertray which covers the bottom of the engine. There are two flaps in the undertray, one for the drain plug and one for the filter. The flaps are held closed by a single screw. By opening the drain plug flap, I had no problem accesing the drain plug with the car on the ground. The filter was more difficult, I could reach up and touch the filter through the flap but could not get enough purchase to turn it. There are big socket wrenches that will do the job, but I haven't got one. I decided to completely remove the plastic undertray. Technically it was very straightforward and required the removal of about 12-14 plastic screws. Once the tray was removed, the filter was a doddle - again with the car on the ground. replacing the undertray was a bit fiddly, trying to balance it on my knees and beer gut to get the first few screws in but again not technically difficult.

This year I couldn't be bothered so took it to National Tyres who did it for about the same price as I would have paid for the oil and filter

Even though I've got a 1.3 CDX, I'd rather take it down to a well established garage (like Kwik Fit) to get an oil change (even if I had the Yaris being mentioned, I'd still take it down to get it done 'professionally').

Only cost about £25.00 and they use pretty good quality oil.

Even though I've got a 1.3 CDX, I'd rather take it down to a well established garage (like Kwik Fit) to get an oil change (even if I had the Yaris being mentioned, I'd still take it down to get it done 'professionally').

To be honest I'd rather do it myself. The 'professionals' I took mine to did the job but when I went to have a look they had completely removed the undertray, notwithstanding that it was up on the lift. I pointed out the flaps in the tray to the youth (for future reference) and the boss was a little curt with me, "allright, allright, he'll know next time", which is why I was pointing it out. They initially tried to fit the wrong filter, they then found that they didn't have the right filter(took about 20 minutes from the motor factors) and I didn't see a crush washer go on. It saved me the bother of scrabbling about, but as I said, I generally prefer to do an amateur job myself.

To be honest I'd rather do it myself. The 'professionals' I took mine to did the job but when I went to have a look they had completely removed the undertray, notwithstanding that it was up on the lift. I pointed out the flaps in the tray to the youth (for future reference) and the boss was a little curt with me, "allright, allright, he'll know next time", which is why I was pointing it out. They initially tried to fit the wrong filter, they then found that they didn't have the right filter(took about 20 minutes from the motor factors) and I didn't see a crush washer go on. It saved me the bother of scrabbling about, but as I said, I generally prefer to do an amateur job myself.

Ido the oil change as well....easy enough.