Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Location Of Cooling System Bleeding Screw For Lucida

Lucyluva

i've got a 92 lucida (3ct engine) and recently replaced the radiator and need to know the location for the cooling system bleeding screw.

many thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
i've got a 92 lucida (3ct engine) and recently replaced the radiator and need to know the location for the cooling system bleeding screw.

many thanks :)

any chance for some help here, it would be greatly appreciated :)

There isn't one. You can try finding the highest point of the cooling system e.g. the inlet or outlet of the heater matrix and slightly loosen off the clip to allow the air to escape. Another point that is used is the return from the thermostat.

Now having said that some engines I have seen have a bleed nut on the water outlet housing on the right side of the head when viewed from above but others I have seen don't.

One other thing you can try is to drive the front of the car up on ramps remove the rad cap and let the engine idle making sure that all internal heater controls are wide open. This makes the front of the car the highest point and encourages air to move to the radiator. There is a overflow pipe on the expansion bottle just under the rad cap, make 100% sure that this is unblocked as it acts as the auto bleed system.

With the car in this position let it idle and then slowly add water as necessary. Leaving it like this (with the engine off of course) overnight with the rad cap off also helps get air out the system.

DO NOT USE TAP WATER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE UNLESS YOU LIVE IN A SOFT WATER AREA. Rather but distilled or de-ionised water and make sure you use a 50/50 mix of water and coolant. DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON TOYOTA RED !!!!!

If all else fails join either

www.estima-motoring.co.uk

or

www.estimaowners.com

The guys on these forums have, love and enthuse over these cars and know them well including all the tricks to get jobs accomplished on them.

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...
There isn't one. You can try finding the highest point of the cooling system e.g. the inlet or outlet of the heater matrix and slightly loosen off the clip to allow the air to escape. Another point that is used is the return from the thermostat.

Now having said that some engines I have seen have a bleed nut on the water outlet housing on the right side of the head when viewed from above but others I have seen don't.

One other thing you can try is to drive the front of the car up on ramps remove the rad cap and let the engine idle making sure that all internal heater controls are wide open. This makes the front of the car the highest point and encourages air to move to the radiator. There is a overflow pipe on the expansion bottle just under the rad cap, make 100% sure that this is unblocked as it acts as the auto bleed system.

With the car in this position let it idle and then slowly add water as necessary. Leaving it like this (with the engine off of course) overnight with the rad cap off also helps get air out the system.

DO NOT USE TAP WATER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE UNLESS YOU LIVE IN A SOFT WATER AREA. Rather but distilled or de-ionised water and make sure you use a 50/50 mix of water and coolant. DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON TOYOTA RED !!!!!

If all else fails join either

www.estima-motoring.co.uk

or

www.estimaowners.com

The guys on these forums have, love and enthuse over these cars and know them well including all the tricks to get jobs accomplished on them.

Best of luck.

some great info there, its very much appreciated.

thank you :)

• 13 years later...

Greetings!

propnut, if you copy, would you please explain how the “self-bleed” hose works?

I have managed to get around 10litres of coolant into the system- capacity is 11.6litres. And I think there’s an airlock in the heater core as there’s a sloshing sound under the dash when I rev around 1500-2000. This sound is accompanied by largish bubbles coming out of the coolant fill funnel. 

the vehicle has been on ramps for the week or so that I’ve tried to fill the coolant . Previously, on the road, it was overheating.

heater is blowing nice and hot.

any advice greatly appreciated.

if anyone is out there!

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links