Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tte Toys

Aveuser

Hi there!

I've been thinking about changing the suspension in my car lately and I'm keen on some TTE parts, but there are questions bothering me.

:huh: I'm prepared to sacrifice the comfort for better road holding, but how big is the difference (the positives as well as the negatives) in both matters? Does anyone have any practical experience with the TTE kit? ("friends' opinions" are also welcome).

:huh: Is it true that with TTE springs the front of the car goes visibly lower than the back? Did anyone measure this kind of things (I know the manufacturer data, I'm more interested in empirical facts).

:huh: It's obvious for me that if I decide to switch to TTE springs & shocks I will also use the "TTE stabilizer kit", as well as a top strut bar - and here is the next question - I can't find any data about top strut bars for Avensis ('99 3S-FE), but I've seen some cars equipped with such on photographs. Does anyone know who makes these things? Or do you think they were individually modified to fit the Avensis (If so - what would be the best buy?).

I need to add, that the roads I usulally use are of rather questionable quality that's why I put so much pressure on the above.

:huh: Do you think that TTE would be the right choice? Any experiences with other brands? H&R perhaps? ... (I know, there was a similar topic lately, but there was no response). I've heard different opinions about long-term Eibach kit use and I don't think I'm willing to give it a try. Any information/suggestions would be mostly appreciated.

And BTW:

Has anyone seen the Avensis with the TTE end muffler? Any pictures (I'm afraid that 90mm is too much)? How does it sound (I've had some experience with a 2001 1,4 VVT-i Corolla and was more than pleased with the well-mannered sound...).

The TTE suspension ist the same as Eibach but maybe the Eibach is cheaper the Muffler is from remus so that olso will be okay

Well, yes and no. Yes, the suspension is from Eibach and the muffler is made by Remus...

"BUT"

AFAIK the TTE suspension kit as well as the muffler are not the same as those offered directly by the mentioned manufacturers. In fact they have very different characteristics - this DEFINITELY goes for the Corolla, unfortunately for me I'm not sure how about Avensis, but knowing TTE I'd bet it's a similiar situation.

(Did you have a chance to try both TTE and Eibach? A group of people who did, have independently said that (just to be short) a Corolla with TTE compared to Eibach feels like a gokart, and there is no doubt about the muffler - you can not only hear but also see the difference)

Please correct me if you have any "sure" information.

And THANKS for a quick reply :thumbsup:

Back in 1999 I emailed TTE about parts for my Corolla - here is a direct qoute from the reply that they sent me.

"The manufacturer of the silencer is Remus and for the springs it's Eibach."

"The manufacturer of the silencer is Remus and for the springs it's Eibach."

Has anyone here said anything else? :blink:

Yes, perhaps TTE directly could answer some of the questions and I think that this will be my next move (thanks to superchargedIS200 for reminding me ;), BTW is it the address given on the tte.de site?)

Still, I'm mostly interested in others' empirical experiences with all the items mentioned :help:

I put Eibach springs on my 98 Corolla and it improved the handling a hell of a lot. The ride is worse now but you only notice it at low speeds or on bad surfaces. I know the Avensis is a different car but I doubt you'll be dissapointed by Eibach springs.

The shocks are made by Bilstein and i have the TTE shocks, springs and stabilizer kit fitted on my avensis. The car handles so much better but isn't to hard a ride. I assume you are from the UK so the springs and the stabilizer kit are available from your maindealer but the shocks are only available direct from TTE and cost me 704 euros including delivery.

Seeing as you have to drop the subframe to fit the anti-roll bars i had mine done at my local maindealer. The anti-roll bars do not come with bushes and new ones won't fit so they managed to fit them using the old bushes, i wasn't that happy about it but they do the job ok. The total cost for the anti-roll bars including all new linkage and fitting came to £1020 and that was with a 25% discount on labour and 20% discount on parts so well worth the gold discount for that alone.

Here's a pic of the side to show you how the car sits.

100_0089.sized.jpg

Here's a pic of the rear showing the sebring exhaust which is 90mm and is similar to the TTE one.

DSC00991.sized.jpg

:thumbsup: BIG THANKS sorted avensis!

I've contacted TTE recently and... they had discontinued the shocks, so I have to find a different brand :crybaby:

The TTE springs are said to be fully compatible with the satandard shocks (information confirmed by TTE), but I'm wondernig if the TTE's aren't shorter than the standards? The info would be helpful as it is very possible that I will still want to change the shocks and the shorter version seems to be a wiser choice, doesn't it (It's not my speciality, but I've heard they exist)? Perhaps I'll have to contact TTE again, but if anyone has any information I would be mostly grateful.

sorted avensis: Probably because of the technical language difficulties (I'm form Poland) I'm not sure if I understood the paragraph concerning the anti-roll bars right. As I understand you are writing about the TTE stabilizer kit? Please correct me.

philjones1978: Thank you for the hint. From what I've heard, the Eibach springs do a lot better than the standard ones, yes, but many people say they are very fragile when used on bad quality roads (like here in Poland) and tend to fall or rather "sit down" (hmm.. use up?) after a visibly shorter period of time (this mostly goes for the rear axis) compared to other brands or models such as the TTE. Most of the people I've talked to are Corolla E11 users and some of them preferred to switch to custom made :wacko: rear springs after using the Eibachs, that's why I lean towards finding a different solution.

• 2 weeks later...

I've contacted TTE recently and... they had discontinued the shocks, so I have to find a different brand :crybaby:

sorted avensis: Probably because of the technical language difficulties (I'm form Poland) I'm not sure if I understood the paragraph concerning the anti-roll bars right. As I understand you are writing about the TTE stabilizer kit? Please correct me.

Sorry for the late reply but been at sea.

I was writing about the TTE Stabilizer kit which is front and rear anti-roll bars.

Hmmm, TTE have discontinued the shocks so does that mean i'm the only one to have them then :unsure: :D B)

As far as i know then the only other sport shocks for an Avensis are the Koni Street Specials, unless someone knows of any other companies that make them?