Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Club

Steve

Hi Guys

I am going to start creating club sections for popular Toyota models (Yaris, Aygo and Auris will extend to more later) The reason for this is that popular models only have the forums to base their information from. Having a dedicated area for a particular model will help Yaris owners to create a more in depth knowledge base on the Yaris model on TOC. This will help membership increase and TOC become the place for in depth knowledge of particular models plus other models.

We will still be placing more in depth sections for other models throughout the range. Just that this takes a little while and I am starting at the more popular models.

So for The Yaris we are going to have a Yaris Club. In the Yaris club I am going to be placing a How to Sections especially for the Yaris so owners can have their own area just dedicated for the Yaris.

Features to be added

1. Wiki/FAQ/ Knowledgebase

2. Yaris Forum Section (already in place)

2. Yaris Gallery (added)

3. Yaris Club Stickers

There will be more features and ideas thrown into this part of TOC very soon.

Yaris club stickers are now available

yarisclub.jpg

Isn't there another yaris club?

Seems like you should come up with a different name so that the two sites are not confused with one another?

I just googled 'yaris club' and another UK site came up!!

Why not TYOC? Keeping in theme with the parent site?

EDIT: :arrgg-matey:

I purchased Yaris Club domain 3 years ago and my intention was to use it so members could display a different website address sticker much more to their tastes. Not everyone likes the big TOC sticker. The other club has a similar name but not the same. Also like to note that it is not my intention to be competitive with any other club, in fact its not the same type of club as such, The yaris section has been on here for 6 years and we wish to improve that by allowing members to create a bigger database for Yaris knowledge. But with a different sticker that points directly to that information.

We are not intending on holding Yaris only meets as we like to include everyone as a whole on our meets . Merely a focus on what we have built up for the last 6 years.

Again i will stress this has nothing to do with YCUK as this theme has been carried out with other models on TOC.

So we will continue calling it Yaris Club.

Just a quick one...

If you have a domain www.yarisclub.co.uk pointing to an area on TOC (with a redirect)... then there is a possibility you will be penalised within the search engines for duplicate content... and hence the 'newer' domain will generally drop within search results (or just not perform as well). TOC.. being around longer I believe, will still appear to be the 'master domain'...

Just thought I'd bring this up... :)

As far as the club bit is concerned... I believe competition is healthy... and ultimately it will be the users who make it what it is, as per usual :)

Not all of us ;)

I dont get it?

Isnt just the same as what TOC has had from the beginning? apart from you've added wikipedia and some stickers that look exactly the same as YCUK's but without the UK?

Off to YCUK we go then :)

Tried the hhtp, and just got sent back here!

Is it not up and running yet or am I missing something? :(

well.. anyways admins, Im Rhys1344. the one you banned and blocked ip for. Quite simply ok you dont like the idea of YCUK being advertised on this site and that shows quite clearly. But i didnt see the point of a complete ban for that? I had no warning. And no reason for the ban either. So can you do me a favour and unblock me cus i do actually browse this site quite a bit. Nothing is really stopping me view it as you can see i am on it. Easy enough to get around IP filters you see. Just i would prefer to be posting under my normal username and i wont go bigging up YCUK on this site hehe. pleeasssee :P

I do believe healthy competition is good, i use both sites so not really fussed, only thing that does annoy me is the re-director of the web address and changing of the name!

Is the Yaris Club going to get its own website or just redirect to the TOC yaris page?

Oh right well be handy but think its a bit odd to change something which did not need to be changed.

• 1 month later...

Has the Yaris tsport section been merged with the main Yaris section? If so, have I missed an announcement that said??

yer i was looking for t-pot section. Have they been joined?