Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smelly A/c

tippo1983

I’m finding that after using my air conditioning (say to demist the windscreen) I get a strange smell emitting for the blowers anyone else got this problem?

could be a bacteria build up on the condenser

try giving it a high blast for a while

but sounds to me like you haven't used it for a good few months enough and it might need cleaning. Your dealer should just put something through the system that will clean it and cost about a tenner.

//

it is generally best to make sure you use your air con for at least 10 mins a week minimum.

Try running it for a few mins a day just to prevent the bacteria build up.

i use it almost on a daily basis and have done from new. it has been doing this from day one? will give the dealer a call now and get it booked in.

could be a bacteria build up on the condenser

try giving it a high blast for a while

but sounds to me like you haven't used it for a good few months enough and it might need cleaning. Your dealer should just put something through the system that will clean it and cost about a tenner.

defiantly!

if that's the case they should re-gas under warranty.

defiantly!

if that's the case they should re-gas under warranty.

The gas in the system will have no effect on the smell inside the car - as said above the smell will most likely be bacteria build up. You can get A/C cleaners from most places nowadays that you leave in the car with A/C running which kills the smell.

Also Toyota warranty wont cover a regas on A/C unless there is a definate leak from any seals. If the Gas has escaped due to the seals being dry as the A/C isnt used much then its chargable.

Mart.

sorry i was thinking of a gas bomb where they put cleaner through the system for 10 mins.

never use one of those Gas Bombs... they don't do anything, just a waste of money, even the experts agree. better to replace all the filters

never use one of those Gas Bombs... they don't do anything, just a waste of money, even the experts agree. better to replace all the filters

Thats because your not using the right gear! The bombs used in the trade work perfectly well, however you should also change the pollen filter when "bombing" the car. The trade products DO work, but the types you buy from an accessory shop with a wand you shove up the vents are pretty much useless!

A/C SANITISER

Kingo :thumbsup:

Oil Filters

Our most popular Oil Filter, fits most petrol engines except T Sport, Part Number was 90080-91045, now 90915-YZZJ1, Our Price £8.50 INC P&P

I bought one in Feb for £6.16 or so... why £8.50? just the pnp on top?

Oil Filters

Our most popular Oil Filter, fits most petrol engines except T Sport, Part Number was 90080-91045, now 90915-YZZJ1, Our Price £8.50 INC P&P

I bought one in Feb for £6.16 or so... why £8.50? just the pnp on top?

:offtopic:

The current retail price of this filter at ANY Toyota dealer is £8.73, we discount all of our parts and then add in the P&P, a single oil filter is DELIVERED for £8.50, or you can save yourself a fiver and buy ten for £80 DELIVERED to your door

Kingo :thumbsup:

I don't need 10 :P but I checked my invoice, I bought mine for £7.16 ....

Ahh well they didn't scan it in they just said I think it's x ammount and thats what I paid

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links