Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Corolla Check Engine Light

major

I'm new to the Toyota world. My wife now owns a 2002 Matrix & my daughter a 2004 Corolla. My daughter's check engine light came on at 7500 miles, or there abouts. I'm interested in retrieving the codes & then finding a good shop manual for interpreting what I retrieve. For years, I maintained Mazdas and a simple shoring of two pins would allow readout of the codes. I'm interested in doing either that or buying/building a diagnostic unit to do do. My experience level is high. Would appreciate any recommendations on the above as well as a good book on maintaining Toyotas. Thanks.

You can do the same pin shortening thing on toyota's too. But i've never done it :lol:

Soon enough someone will come along on here and tell you. ;)

You can do the same pin shortening thing on toyota's too. But i've never done it :lol:

Soon enough someone will come along on here and tell you. ;)

Same here. I know you can but how is a another quesion.

if you want to check for engine codes attach a jumper wire between the terminals E1 and TE1 in the dianostic box some thing like a paper clip will do the job. and turn on the ignition but dont start the engine. read the diagnosis code as indicated by the number of flashes of the check engine light on the dash. normal system operation is indicated by a code 1 no malfunctions by blinking once every 0.25 seconds

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links