Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pi Lowering Springs

Gwelandor

hi all ,

im currently looking into doing my first mod. if anyone has seen my photo album they will know my pre facelift could really do with lowering.

ive read all the previous topics on this subjetc already. so i know roughly whats available - TTE, eibaitch(sp?) etc. note that i cant afford coil overs so im only considering springs.

ive seen some springs on eBay call PI lowering springs, wondering if anyone has heard of them or had any experiences with them :unsure:

they are £120 all in and lower it 35mm which is quite good i thought. so what do we all think?

cheers, Dean.

Hi mate,

yea iv got these fitted to my facelift t sport. would defo recommend them for the price. ride quality has'nt changed and they give the car a nice stance.

Go for it :thumbsup:

I used PI on my Peugeot 206 and got a 40mm drop on the front, Ride was a lil bit bumpy but that's to be expected.

Didn't have any problems with them though.

The springs will really improve the stance of a pre-facelift! B)

I'm thinking about the TTE springs myself, but are they worth it? I'm just after sharpening up the handling, but are they more of a visual rather than physical improvement??

good to hear your positive comments, just what i wanted to hear :)

i think ill go for them then.

scoob - i went on TTE site and you have to contact them for a price, this put me off as im thinking they are £150 +

also fitting lowering springs is more for looks rather than handling - but what do i know ive never lowered a car :lol:

scoob - i went on TTE site and you have to contact them for a price, this put me off as im thinking they are £150 +

also fitting lowering springs is more for looks rather than handling - but what do i know ive never lowered a car :lol:

Firstly, you need to contact Your friendly neighbourhood Toyota Dealer for prices on TTE parts (or Parts-King for a TOC member discount), rather than contacting TTE direct.

Secondly, any set of lowering spring that are even half decent will provide you with noticeable handling improvements. My Eibachs' certainly did. However the Corolla has some fairly major suspension issues that springs and even coilovers can't overcome. Obviously with coilovers you will see an even bigger handling improvement over just springs, but at the end of the day lowering it on springs will definitely help.

hi mate,

just got thesse fitted PI springs last weekend on my facelift!

i noticed a diference in handling and looks so u will defo notice. well worth the 100 notes.

ride is the same, body roll has been reduced nicely and initiall turn in feels much more planted and confident then standard springs (jelly on a plate)

hope this helps

The addition of a strutbrace combined with the lowering springs made an even bigger improvement, turn in is rock solid and body roll has reduced further as the front end is now very stiff, the ride is still fine though. :thumbsup:

A rear strutbrace would be next if you didnt have to chop the trim up. :(

hi there I would defo recommend these springs as they are the ones i use, but mine is slammed 40mm on 18's without a problem and you can corner it at 50+ no problem happy cornering B)

thanks for the comments. you have convinced me to go them. im going to post pics before and after aswell. :D

Hmmm, sounds good - think I'll look into these too! :D

T-Sport, did you say that you'd fitted your own?? I've changed the suspension on a car before, but never just the springs and so was it hard to do?

Seen a few pics of pre-facelifts with them on and they make the world of difference to the cars looks! :thumbsup:

It wasn't too hard, All pretty simple when you look at it.

Luckily though I had my car up on a ramp, so no hastle over a trolley jack & axle stands or the like.

The back was a slight pain as we used small hand held spring clamps, once they lighned up though they popped straight in. As for the front, They were a dream. Big Spring clamp took about 5 minutes each to change them over. Only annoying part is getting it off in the first, as to no brake anything! Seems very brittle at the front. You need a Alan-key type tool which quite often rounds off the bolt, then you're facked.

my pics of my PI springs sorry bout the quality.

SP_A0305.jpg

SP_A0306.jpg

SP_A0307.jpg

SP_A0308.jpg

SP_A0309.jpg

Yeah, I like the looks of those too! :D

Cheers for the info T-Sport, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

I think I might pass on this one though and see how much Revolution in Newcastle charge for fitting. It's just the bit about rounding the bolts that scares me!! :unsure:

Yea, They're awful. I did actually round one off on my peugeot and it took forever to fix it.

Yea, They're awful. I did actually round one off on my peugeot and it took forever to fix it.

I could defo see that happening with me! I'm a 'have-a-go hero' not an expert, unfortunately! :lol:

Thinking to pick them up aswell there cheap! im on 17s aswell so i think the drop would look fairly decent.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links