Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amazing Miles Per Gallon - Beat This.

mclocks

Good that you've discovered the benefits of driving economically but upper 40s mpg is not really that remarkable these days if you drive with restraint. In normal running I get about 600-620 miles from a 45-46 litre fill up in a 2.2 litre diesel, and I managed an amazing 314 miles on 25 litres in a petrol Mazda 2 the other day - that's pushing 60 mpg

The Yaris should do over 50 standing on its head.

Also, don't rely too much on the computer calculated consumption on ANY car, they are notorious for over-stating the case.

Keep up the good work though!

I get 99 MPG.

(according to the real time trip calculator thing - when I go down hills not touching the accelerator)

I get 99 MPG.

(according to the real time trip calculator thing - when I go down hills not touching the accelerator)

It does that in the trucks that have a fuel read out....99.99 mpg :yes:

Then it drops to 2.5 when going up hill fully loaded :rolleyes:

Belive me I would love 300bhp over my 74 any day of the week, but mine is a 16 year old motor with a non turbo diesel lump, I just would of thought these days TRD of all people would easy get more power out of a 4.0 v6 super charged petrol engine, look at the power and torque figers for some of the new cars these days

• 1 month later...
I have never done this before, but with the price of oil probably never going down.....

I have a 1.5 TSport Yaris. Petrol.

Anyhow I can reveal the results of my little experiment - 48.5 mpg, and well over 300 miles from my little tank. It even beats my mates diesel.

I was really surprised - this is quite significant, and will save me pounds. The challenge is down if anyone wants to try.

-mclocks-

your tank is 45 litres or roughly 10 gallons if you are getting 48.5 MPG a tank should get you 485 miles, I bet the onboard computer is telling porkies :)

I'd never thought to check this. So I did. I used 31 litres and went 340 miles. that works out at 49 miles per gallon. The digital display said 48.4 mpg so its suprisingly accurate.

£5 gets me off the drive and I dont even own a turbo. I'll sell some body parts if it means I can keep driving my MR2!

I'll sell some body parts if it means I can keep driving my MR2!

Could I have the front bumper and the air intake :P ;) :lol::lol:

N.B.................Items for sale should be placed in the "For Sale" section :P :lol::lol:

i get bout 250 miles out of a tank average, no idea wot the mpg is as trip computer is disabled on the compressor's, would like to get it workin be interesting to know wot it does an if it can ever be driven a little bit ecconomical

i get bout 250 miles out of a tank average, no idea wot the mpg is as trip computer is disabled on the compressor's, would like to get it workin be interesting to know wot it does an if it can ever be driven a little bit ecconomical

This the easy way to do it:

Fill her to the brim & Reset the trip meter

Drive around till nearly empty, at the pump record the miles driven on the trip meter

Fill her up to the brim recording the number of litres drawn

Divide the litres by 4.54 eg 50 litres divided by 4.54 = 11.01

Divide the number of miles on the trip meter eg 330 by the eg 11 = 30 MPG, this is what you have acheived

This is seemed simple until i had to write it out :lol:

In my ST202 I can only get 240 miles per tank, Im thinking of just getting a GT4 soon as if its going to cost me that much I may as well have something remotely quick!

For normal mixed driving, I get around 39mpg on my 1.6. For motorway driving I can get 50 mpg (sometimes more) at a steady 70mph which I'm more than pleased with!

lpg is the way forward.. im currently getting ~66mpg.

lpg cost me 46p per/ltr and my full tank will do 250 miles for only £17.

plus when i put my foot down i can do 0-60 in 7.5 sec and top speed of 140+...

happy days :)

edited to add.... i dont drive around like a granny either, lift is used atleast once a day.....just image what mpg would be if i behaved lol.....

:P I was heading towards Glossop (Snake Pass) on my Guzzi when I ran out of petrol & I managed to freewheel at great speed all the way to Glossop !(Now that's pretty good MPG) I did have a C100 (50cc)that in the handbook said was capable with steady riding over 250 mpg !!!...............gallery_44539_669_1019.jpg:thumbsup:

lpg is the way forward.. im currently getting ~66mpg.

lpg cost me 46p per/ltr and my full tank will do 250 miles for only £17.

plus when i put my foot down i can do 0-60 in 7.5 sec and top speed of 140+...

happy days :)

edited to add.... i dont drive around like a granny either, lift is used atleast once a day.....just image what mpg would be if i behaved lol.....

That's not bad MPG for a CTS on LPG!

:thumbsup:

i should explain.... its equivalent to 66mpg... hence ~66mpg

im getting actual 32mpg but lpg is half the price of petrol so for the same price i can travel more then double the distance....

if that makes sense lol.......

i should explain.... its equivalent to 66mpg... hence ~66mpg

im getting actual 32mpg but lpg is half the price of petrol so for the same price i can travel more then double the distance....

if that makes sense lol.......

:lol: i get ya!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links