Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Feeling The Pinch With The Fuel Prices!

mr m

does anyone know is it pos to gas convert my 2.0ltr vvti rav,cos its drinking me out of house an home! i like my truck but in the currant climate with the fuel prices ive thought of getting shot of it,just wondered if it was gassed could be able to keep it.

does anyone know is it pos to gas convert my 2.0ltr vvti rav,cos its drinking me out of house an home! i like my truck but in the currant climate with the fuel prices ive thought of getting shot of it,just wondered if it was gassed could be able to keep it.

Cost of conversion around £2000. If you currently get 32 m.p.g., expects 21 m.p.g. on lpg. In addition to annual service, expect to pay around £150 annually for gas servicing. Not sure where you are going to save any money.

funny one

I have a lpg converted renault trafic minibus which has the 2.2 Espace petrol engine. And I can tell you its a blinking way cheaper on long runs than anything else......I use it for towing long distance or delievering long distance.

The lpg will get only slightly less mpg than when the engine is in petrol mode.....but you need to get a garage that knows what they are doing.

If you are clever/lucky, you can buy lpg as central heating fuel and delivered tae yer tank in the garden at 10p a litre then pump it intae yer RAV!!!

Sprry john1944 but I don't want to argue. Petrol and lpg is basically the same stuff. lpg is half the price. My Trafic runs better on lpg - 80mph on lpg for a van???? I get 260 miles on 75 litres.

Cost of conversion around £2000. If you currently get 32 m.p.g., expects 21 m.p.g. on lpg. In addition to annual service, expect to pay around £150 annually for gas servicing. Not sure where you are going to save any money.

I looked into this after I bought mine and the conclusions were the VVT-i engine is not really suitable for conversion due to soft valves. The general consensus was that if you do convert, you need to be very careful with regular additives to compensate for the engine design and overall you could have trouble in the long run.

Re economy, I understand LPG is not the same economy as Petrol - maybe 15-20% lower?, but not 35-40% lower - if it were that much worse, no one would ever bother

funny one

I have a lpg converted renault trafic minibus which has the 2.2 Espace petrol engine. And I can tell you its a blinking way cheaper on long runs than anything else......I use it for towing long distance or delievering long distance.

The lpg will get only slightly less mpg than when the engine is in petrol mode.....but you need to get a garage that knows what they are doing.

If you are clever/lucky, you can buy lpg as central heating fuel and delivered tae yer tank in the garden at 10p a litre then pump it intae yer RAV!!!

Sprry john1944 but I don't want to argue. Petrol and lpg is basically the same stuff. lpg is half the price. My Trafic runs better on lpg - 80mph on lpg for a van???? I get 260 miles on 75 litres.

Ummmmmm !!!!!! Any one from HMRC use this site ?????

Hi

I have a 4.1 rav 4 auto and had it converted to gas about 2years ago and its saved me a fortune

the guy who installed mine had done them before and after mine, he was doing a lexus with vvti valves and said it was no problem as long as you used the additive especaily for these valves

The lexus owner lived opposite me and had his done after seeing how cheap mine was to run

I am regularly getting 23 miles to the gallon at present the gas is 51.5p/ltr so make you conclusions

marshall :D

ps i'm getting about 300 miles on about 48-50 ltrs

Hi

I have a 4.1 rav 4 auto and had it converted to gas about 2years ago and its saved me a fortune

the guy who installed mine had done them before and after mine, he was doing a lexus with vvti valves and said it was no problem as long as you used the additive especaily for these valves

The lexus owner lived opposite me and had his done after seeing how cheap mine was to run

I am regularly getting 23 miles to the gallon at present the gas is 51.5p/ltr so make you conclusions

Nice one, as a matter of interest do you have lpg central heating as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

funny one

Ummmmmm !!!!!! Any one from HMRC use this site ?????

Is this a face that cares??? :yahoo:

Look on eBay and ye'll see the lpg pumps bein selt.

Hi

Good posting. There are engines with soft valves/ valve seats and lpg does burn hotter. You can also get some probs on some engines wi the head gasket due to the icing in the intake manifold so I'm told. How the cake got there is anyones guess :lol:

I was going to carry on looking into this with the systems that use the additives, but about half my miles are for work and the company decided to pay drivers of LPG cars 7p a mile, so not only would the conversion cost a couple of thousand, I would end up not even covering the cost of the LPG for work and it would take about 10 years to make the conversion pay back :angry: