Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Trim

mlp

Hi all

i would like to know how to get the trim from the drivers side windscreen as I need to get to the aerial bits

i want to splice a wire into the aerial in order to give my tmc rds more signal can anyone help me

I have a 97 rav 4.1 5 door auto gx

regards

marshall :unsure:

Hi all

i would like to know how to get the trim from the drivers side windscreen as I need to get to the aerial bits

i want to splice a wire into the aerial in order to give my tmc rds more signal can anyone help me

regards

Far as I remember it levers off, but I'll take a look at the manual and get back to you tomorrow

Hi all

regards

Far as I remember it levers off, but I'll take a look at the manual and get back to you tomorrow

Thanks

marshall

Hi

can you have a look at your manual re the window side trim.

i don't want to try in case It won't go back

cheers

marshall

i

You won't break it. Get hold of the rubber door seal and pull it off the body along side the window trim. Get a screwdriver behind the trim and prize it off in the direction of the gearstick (middle of the interior). If any clips stay in the body, ease them out with screwdriver/pliers and put them back on the trim before refiting.

It all goes back in reverse order.

hi all

Well I got the inside trim off but afraid all the cables are in the centre behind another metal skin of the pillar

i did notice that a black cable, probably the aerial was pinned to the roof fixing bracket, but I could not make out how it attached to the metal aerial can anyone tell me what I should do to get at the centre core of the cable so I may splice a wire to it

Is there a joint somewhere at the top under the plastic mount?

I know that door pillar is certainly chock a block with cables.

Any advice, suggestions appreciated

marshall

Splicing into a coax lead can be an ***** of a job but why not do it where it emerges at the bottom of the pillar?

Having stripped the dash out on my first 94 RAV, I think you'll find it easier to make a join in behind the dash - what about even just behind the radio as thats the easiest place to get it. Otherwise crawl upside down below the steering wheel and try catching it from below the dash, upwards.

Rest assured, if you take the aerial oot, join another fat co-ax, then ye'll never get the whole lot to go back properly thru the pillar and end up grounding another wire.

Have ye thocht aboot fixing a satellite dish on the top??

The dash comes oot quite easily, and goes back easily - just a footer and time.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you re the manual - it must be in my RAV - both of which are up at the garage just now....along wi the Punto. The leaking head gasket o the Trafic is another job waiting tae be done - done it wance awready and the rear head bolts are difficult to access/remove. I'm not as nimble as I was then either! Seems the 2.2 Espace Renault petrol engine is prone to head gaskets going; regardless of the lpg conversion.

thanks for all your replies

Ive been away for a while but i will have a go behind the radio and see if I can get an aerial splitter

marshall

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links