Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lc V8 Seat Belt Alarm

DM51

1st post - just registered today.

I have a new Diesel V8 Land Cruiser - a big improvement on its predecessor, an Amazon, which I had for 4 yrs.

However the new V8 has an extremely annoying alarm which bleeps loudly after ~400 yds if you haven't fastened the seat belt. This is OK for on-road use, when I always fasten the belt anyway, but I will be using the car off-road quite a lot when a seat belt is an actual nuisance. I assume the alarm is one of those stupid nannyish items which you aren't supposed to be able to turn off, but I'm wondering if there is a good hack anyone knows which could fix it.

I found this old post in the Avensis section here:

Just got told how to disable the alarm for the seat-belts. Ofcourse you should allways wear the seatbelt when driving, but on occasions it seems terribly annoying
This is how you do it - sorry for my bad translation

Turn power on and set counter to "ODO"

Turn power off

Turn power on, within 5 seconds, press and hold the trip-reset button

After 10 seconds, fasten the seatbelt

Release the trip-reset button

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on. (thanks for the update, Nick)

However this is a 3-year-old post and relates to an entirely different model.

Can anyone help?

I'm not sure how much a nuisance it can be to NOT wear your seatbely offroad, what conditions would make it safe to leave your seatbelt undone? The bleeping is put in place to make you wear the belt and to gain the vehicles NCAP safety rating. Why not just fasten the seat belt, prefereably with you in it OR fasten the belt first and then get in. I think its as easy to wear the belt rather than disable an important safety feature

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm not sure how much a nuisance it can be to NOT wear your seatbely offroad, what conditions would make it safe to leave your seatbelt undone? The bleeping is put in place to make you wear the belt and to gain the vehicles NCAP safety rating. Why not just fasten the seat belt, prefereably with you in it OR fasten the belt first and then get in. I think its as easy to wear the belt rather than disable an important safety feature
Believe me, it can be a nuisance, for example when you have to stop every few hundred yds and get out to open a gate, load things etc.

I am very well aware of all the safety regulations, and I do not need my car to add its own voice to those of the innumerable bossy, safety-obsessed twerps to be found everywhere nowadays and "make" me wear my seat belt when I neither need nor want to wear it. As I said above, I always wear it on the public roads. I just don't want to have to wear it (or sit on it) when I'm off-road. The bleeping is not an important safety feature. It is an unnecessary and annoying one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I have found the perfect solution to this problem. The alarm is now silenced. An easy fix.

Hello,

Please inlighten us. I have a V8 LC

Thanks

• 10 years later...

Hey, that's what I'm looking for as well. I have a 2019 V8 Gasoline.

How did you get it switched off?

Unfortunately this is a 12 year old topic, and the OP hasn't visited the club since December 2009.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links