Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3.0 D4d Timing Belt

ginter1234

Hello everyone, I wanted to change the timing belt on my 2003 lc3 d4d. I took the cover off to have a quick look and it seems fairly straightforward, the only thing is, i couldn't see a way to compress the auto tensioner to slacken the belt off. Is there a special tool for this job or am i missing something? I have been searching for a workshop manual for this model, but so far have had no luck. They all seem to be for older models or petrol engines.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Pretty straight forward job. Tensioner should be removed as part of job & checked for wear & tear. You might require extra strong vice or if you can gain use of a gearbox press to compress tensioner to align holes. I use a long thin strong pry bar to compress tensioner & push rod into holes before removing tensioner from vehicle. Not good practice in some peoples eyes, but if in any doubt a tall over tensioner throw it & buy new one, not that pricey a part.

No special tool required to remove tensioner just unbolt it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links