Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Proprietary Stereo System, Power Antenna And Central Locking Troubles.

flyingtele

Hi to all, I have a few problems the I would like help with. I notice that stock Celicas come with a factory 10 speaker system, and I believe there is a power amp under the passengers seat. This has a wiring loom that connects to power, power ariel control, and Speakers, and head unit control. When I bought my 'four, this amp and head unit had been replaced with an aftermarket Panasonic unit. I have pulled this out, as am planning a custom stereo install.

What i need to know is from the wiring loom under the passengers seat, what wire sends the signal to the power antenna, and where the rest of the wires go. The speaker wires aren't a problem, as the previous owner connected extensions to them and run the four leads up inside the centre console to the head unit.

Also, a couple other things. The central locking works on both doors when controlled from the 'Door lock' switch inside the drivers door, but does not unlock the other door when opened with a key. Is this serious, or an easy fix? Also, things like the air fan, radio, windows etc don't operate with the key in the 'ACC' position, they only work when the ignition is on.

And finally, in the fuse box by the Battery, I noted that there is supposed to be a 100 amp fuse for the alternator, and its missing. What would result of this fuse not being there?

Hi to all, I have a few problems the I would like help with. I notice that stock Celicas come with a factory 10 speaker system, and I believe there is a power amp under the passengers seat. This has a wiring loom that connects to power, power ariel control, and speakers, and head unit control. When I bought my 'four, this amp and head unit had been replaced with an aftermarket Panasonic unit. I have pulled this out, as am planning a custom stereo install.

What i need to know is from the wiring loom under the passengers seat, what wire sends the signal to the power antenna, and where the rest of the wires go. The speaker wires aren't a problem, as the previous owner connected extensions to them and run the four leads up inside the centre console to the head unit.

Also, a couple other things. The central locking works on both doors when controlled from the 'Door lock' switch inside the drivers door, but does not unlock the other door when opened with a key. Is this serious, or an easy fix? Also, things like the air fan, radio, windows etc don't operate with the key in the 'ACC' position, they only work when the ignition is on.

And finally, in the fuse box by the battery, I noted that there is supposed to be a 100 amp fuse for the alternator, and its missing. What would result of this fuse not being there?

i would say the alternator isnt working then. is the bat dead or anything?

the Battery seems to still be working, albeit at 11 volts. It has one of those visual colour gauges on it and its red, and I know it needs to be replaced, but it turns the engine over.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links