Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 7

ollieatkins1988

after my car reaches the right temperature, on some occasions the car down to 600 idle which feels really low and as if the car is laboring. Should the gen 7 go as low as that?

when i start my car in the morning it idles about 1700rpm when warm it varys between 1100 and about 500 but ive never had any problems with it i just thouht it was usual behave never cuts out or anything.

yeah, mine will idle at around 1700 in the morning, but by the time I get to work it idles around 500-600. I don't know for sure, but I would imagine toyota designed it this way for emissions/economy reasons.

Fair enough, it just feels a bit like its labouring when it goes that low but like you said its not cut out once. Cheers guys

When i got my car back from api engines i asked him about it and he said its got a two stage idle, i suppose thats got something to do with the differing idle.

No 600 revs is normal. Mine does it.

does it flare up to 1000 every now and then, just when it seems like it's going to cut out?

Yeah every so often it does that. I guess its just a case of the ECU trying to use as little fuel as possible while at idle and nearly catches its self out!

Nothing to worry about.

snap, my cars the same, morning 1700rpm, when warm 5/6 rpm,

i thought mine had a problem too but i guess its not

cool