Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What is the Best Looking Toyota.

flexy7

That was a Toyota Cavalier Andy, ugly as sin but i almost bought one just to add to my collection for sheer novelty value :lol: It was a GM Chevrolet Cavalier rebranded as a Toyota for certain markets. Aweful aweful car.

The Altezza and the Mark2 are both fine fine cars :) I have driven both. The RS200 Altezza is a wonderful handling car and rev's like a motorbike! and the Chaser (Mark 2) 1JZ 2.5TT is also a wonderful motorway cruiser with plenty of low down torque :)

I never said the camry was a bad car, dear lord there are thousands of cars (mostly french) which are 100 times worse. Its just that out of all the cars that Toyota has ever made, the camry was possibly the weakest in the lineup. The Yaris was always fun to drive and cheap, the Corolla was an excellent family car with good performance and economy. The Avensis/Carina was a well sized car with a range of decent engines. Where as the camry kind of stood out like a sore thumb. It wasnt the best at anything in its class, its always been one of those cars that has lingered in the middle. A jack of all trades if it were, a master of none.

I can fully appreciate someone's love for its shape and design, i can also appreciate it could be viewed as 'elegant'. However there are many other Toyota's that are far more groundbreaking in every aspect.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flexy7

• Phoenix999

• JappyBeast

• essex2zz

:P Right DRIPPY, to reiterate the point of the thread: THE BEST LOOKING TOYOTA (UK), For starters whats "Groundbreaking" gotta do with goodlooking, The Camry has beautiful Sleek looks that belie it's cavernous interior & unrivalled comfort in the toyota range. You seem able to appreciate it's shape, design & even it's elegance, "THESE ARE THE MAIN CRITERIA FOR WHAT IS A BEAUTIFUL CAR" surely! Therefore you are acceptant the it is possible the best looking Toyota, You also have a dig at the Audi 100, another elegant car that i owned for many years, it looked gorgeous in the 80's & still looks sleek & gorgeous today, but lets stick to Toyotas. As for that Orange thing you flashed up, I almost vomitted, reminds me of an awful orange datsun my Dad had almost thirty years ago ! Quite vile and cheap looking. As for the Aygo, for gods sake grow up & buy a proper car. Anyway seeing as nobody Has put a VALID argument forward for a better looking Toyota than the Camry I'm now changing the title of this thread to :THE SECOND BEST LOOKING TOYOTA after the CAMRY (96-01), Anyway that's all for now, I'll return if I think of owt else ! :P

As for the Aygo, for gods sake grow up & buy a proper car.

LOL i didnt want to bring myself down to your level but here it goes. My aygo is worth 5 times more than your old piece of scrap :lol:

Also its a car i bought brand new just for going to work in :rolleyes: I do also have other cars, all of which are 100 times better than some old 90's barge.

i personally think the camry is sooooo boring i want to pull my own eyes out to save myself the pain.

If you think the camry is the best looking Toyota then your probabaly the kind of person who thinks the Fiat Multipla look cool.

Also i believe you should grow up my dear as its you who is name calling. :lol:

So in the spirit of doing this the flexy7 way im now going to be utterly childish and say lets change this thread to 'WORST LOOKING TOYOTA AFTER CRAPRY" :lol:

You want a VALID arguement for a better looking Toyota?

Well i would say the best looking Toyota ever was the RA28 but i doubt you know what one of those is. You would probabaly reffer to most cars as "Its the shiney one! Or its the Pink one!" :lol:

God im loving this thread :lol:

:P Let me point out again for those with leaky brains, THE BEST LOOKING TOYOTA , Not which costs the most, or what's worth the most, I'm trying to keep this thread on course! I'll go slowly (Pretty much like your Aygo) so you can understand , T H E B E S T L O O K I N G T O Y O T A . Yes I could easily afford an Aysore, I own my house outright, I too work but prefer to let others take the hit on depreciation while I holiday around the globe & tour around europe etc.., and I am a pretty competent mechanic (Plus hubby is a qualified mechanic & keeps me up to speed aswell.), Infact I serviced the Camry this weekend. I think it was someone else who was drawn to the SHINEY toyota in the showroom window to look "cool" on their way to work. I used to commute to work on my Guzzi Monza, far more stylish than an Eeyore. Anything else you need clarifying please post your queries & I'll do my best to reply concisely. P.S. the Multipla is awful. ok ? :thumbsup:

Im not going to spend all night on here wittering on about this stupid subject. All i am going to say is this...

You wanna sit here argueing about it then fine, you do that.

Bottom line is that everyone loves their own car. We all do. And we all think our own car is the best thing ever.

But coming onto an internet forum, proclaiming your own car as 'the best looking toyota ever' and telling everyone else they are wrong when they suggest otherwise is both ignorant and stupid.

Name calling is a clear cut sign of childish behaviour and immaturety, there is no need for it.

This thread is nothing but trouble and you obviously started this thread looking for an arguement. In fact in the realm of internet forums thats called trolling ;) If you wanna be a troll then be my guest.

I've got better things to do. So im leaving this thread now, walking away with my head held high and i will not be coming back to it under any circumstances. So you can ridcule me (as im sure you will try to do) however you want after im gone, as i dont care and i wont bite or be drawn back. B)

I must remind all posters on this thread that personal insults will not be tolerated on TOC

Please try to keep the thread on topic and good natured.

Any further personal insults and this thread will become toast :blowup:

I doubt any Toyota has been on TOP GEAR more then a MKIII supra as it featured in the opening credits for years in the 80s and early 90s ;) They never used a Camry :P therefore the Mkiii is better looking! (see TOC registry link in my sig)

I'll get my coat.. TAXI!!!!!! (or should that be camry?)

I also agree Hilux surfs rock... but I would. (again, see link)

The trucks are not beautiful, but they are still pleasing on the eye in a different manner.. like an apache gunship, ugly as sin, but so ugly and functional its awe inspiring to look at.

'What is the Best Looking Toyota., Ever sold in the UK'

The only candidates in this contest are all generations of Supra, Celica and MR2. Good looking car = sports car. It's not that there arn't good looking saloons, but nicest profile a car can have as ferrari, lambo, mclaren, aston martin etc aptly demonstrate is that of a sports car.

If you prefer this over this, then I seriously question your sanity. :P

I personaly love the gen 6 celica as I owned one, but best looking has to go to the mk2 MR2 I think.

If I had to choose between all my fave shapes including the:-

CELICA GEN 4

CELICA GEN 5

MR2 Mk2

then it would have to be.....nope wait.....I cant do it, I cant choose between them!!!!!

They all have the sexy points and not so sexy points.

Like on the Gen 4 .......on the back, were it says CELICA......that was the bit that made me fall in love with it, such a sexy concave curve.

But all the above cars have pop up head lights and THEY ROCK!!!!!!!

LOL i didnt want to bring myself down to your level but here it goes. My aygo is worth 5 times more than your old piece of scrap :lol:

Also its a car i bought brand new just for going to work in :rolleyes: I do also have other cars, all of which are 100 times better than some old 90's barge.

i personally think the camry is sooooo boring i want to pull my own eyes out to save myself the pain.

If you think the camry is the best looking Toyota then your probabaly the kind of person who thinks the Fiat Multipla look cool.

Also i believe you should grow up my dear as its you who is name calling. :lol:

So in the spirit of doing this the flexy7 way im now going to be utterly childish and say lets change this thread to 'WORST LOOKING TOYOTA AFTER CRAPRY" :lol:

You want a VALID arguement for a better looking Toyota?

Well i would say the best looking Toyota ever was the RA28 but i doubt you know what one of those is. You would probabaly reffer to most cars as "Its the shiney one! Or its the Pink one!" :lol:

God im loving this thread :lol:

Dude...seriously. The Aygo is not even a car. You know those buggies that you see in the supermarket with red at the bottom and a yellow roof that the children go in with their parents pushing them around? That is an Aygo for you. And your Fiat Multipla comment; you do realise there is a distinct difference between bland (what the Camry is at worst) and ugly (what the Fiat Multipla is) a true car enthusiast like myself knows this.

He's not arguing that the aygo is the best looking toyota is he? As he says, it's his daily drive.

He said it was "worth more" than the Camry, whatever that means. I would rather have an elegant saloon over a pethetic little bubble car any day.

Your missing the point, trying to re-ignite an argument, and going way off topic...

'What is the Best Looking Toyota, Ever sold in the UK?'

this thread has some stupid posts, forum warriors are funny :)

As for best looking toyota ever sold in the uk - Our oppinions of what looks good changes through the yrs, as trends change, our oppinions change, people of different ages will all appreciate something different. So therefore this question is flawed of a staight response from the beginning.

I believe the mk2 mr2 is the best looking toyota ever sold in the uk... but then again I own one.

:thumbsup: I choose the Camry as "My" Best Looking Toyota , not because I bought or own one! It was one of the reasons WHY I bought one in the first place ! I remember seeing the Camry on the opening titles of "Ed" TV show with it going down the road & turning left & thinking how elegant it looked, I also saw alot in America, so no I don't believe all people are choosing their car because they own it, but most own it because they loved it's looks in the first place. There are many cars & motorbikes that I think are gorgeous, Citroen DS, Various Laverdas etc... It's just that this particular crush (Camry) was easily achievable both for purchase & day to day running, holidays etc... N.B: I love all the banter & I can take leg pulling in my stride, Don't you think I was expecting a reaction from you "Sporty" Members, So fire away, it's all fun. P.S. Goodbye Leeky :lol:

Oh Leeky.... Oh Leeky.... Oh dear :ermm: :help2:

I will have to get my flak jacket and steel hat on now as I am fearful of the slamming you might get.... I am bound to be targetted as Flucksy dislikes me and is bound to fire off a few well chosen words in my direction :gun_bandana:

:P Hey Stevey Boy , I don't dislike you at all, it's just friendly banter at the end of the day, Have you come over to my way of thinking yet? Are you considering a Camry now ? You'll look far cooler & women will respect you more for your excellent taste. So come on boys & girls what is the second best looking Toyota (UK) after the Camry. (The Camry has been established as No1, BY ME :yes: , I never said it was democratic vote did I, just said I'd consider points of view but nothing has swayed me away from the Camry, but please keep trying if you want!) I just caught sight of my Camry through one of my cottage windows, beautiful Scottish scenery behind ,catching the light perfectly, looking at it from the passeger side rear corner.. :drool: Come on it's a master piece, take off your blinkers. :yes:

Camry??

:sick:

MkIV Supra!!

:yahoo:

Camry??

:sick:

MkIV Supra!!

:yahoo:

:yes: Given time you will be converted, Come over to the Camry side...... :wacko:

I will have to get my flak jacket and steel hat on now as I am fearful of the slamming you might get.... I am bound to be targetted as Flucksy dislikes me and is bound to fire off a few well chosen words in my direction :gun_bandana:

:P Hey Stevey Boy , I don't dislike you at all, it's just friendly banter at the end of the day, Have you come over to my way of thinking yet? Are you considering a Camry now ? You'll look far cooler & women will respect you more for your excellent taste. So come on boys & girls what is the second best looking Toyota (UK) after the Camry. (The Camry has been established as No1, BY ME :yes: , I never said it was democratic vote did I, just said I'd consider points of view but nothing has swayed me away from the Camry, but please keep trying if you want!) I just caught sight of my Camry through one of my cottage windows, beautiful Scottish scenery behind ,catching the light perfectly, looking at it from the passeger side rear corner.. :drool: Come on it's a master piece, take off your blinkers. :yes:

No way could I go over to your way of thinking.... sorry but I do not consider the Camry other than a good reliable comfortable car. There is nothing about it that says 'stylish' :no: I think the inside is better than the outside :huh:

The Camry sort of reminds me of the Ford Sierra Sapphire, Volkswagon Bora, Vauxhall Carlton, Nissan QX.... all good cars but not stunning :(

No way could I go over to your way of thinking.... sorry but I do not consider the Camry other than a good reliable comfortable car. There is nothing about it that says 'stylish' :no: I think the inside is better than the outside :huh:

The Camry sort of reminds me of the Ford Sierra Sapphire, Volkswagon Bora, Vauxhall Carlton, Nissan QX.... all good cars but not stunning :(

I'm Shocked ! :eek:

I'm Shocked ! :eek:

I'm sorry but I cannot feel any other way :huh:

:blink:Hey Stevie Boy, What's it like living next to a major motorway junction ? I love the panoramic unspoilt views & clean air here in my beautiful bit of Scotland, Maybe all those exhaust fumes are clouding your judgement :( Tell me another Toyotas rear end that even comes close to the Camrys ? :huh:

My location says 'near' and not 'next' to J29 of the M25.

I was born down this way, grew up down here and have chosen to remain here as there is a far greater choice of work when compared to the more rural parts of the UK. Remember that the cities of England are the powerhouses of the UK which generate enough money to subsidise everything in both Scotland and Wales ;) Now that is a statement that can start an arguement :lol:

Back on topic.... nope even the rear end of the Camry does nothing for me :unsure:

'What is the Best Looking Toyota., Ever sold in the UK'

The only candidates in this contest are all generations of Supra, Celica and MR2. Good looking car = sports car. It's not that there arn't good looking saloons, but nicest profile a car can have as ferrari, lambo, mclaren, aston martin etc aptly demonstrate is that of a sports car.

If you prefer this over this, then I seriously question your sanity. :P

I personaly love the gen 6 celica as I owned one, but best looking has to go to the mk2 MR2 I think.

Your Sports Car = Good Looking Car quote, are you applying this as a rule for all makes!! Surely not! When you think of cars like (& I won't bore you with my Camry for once.)the Citroen DS, what other Citroen has ever looked that good ? EVER! :P

Tell me another Toyotas rear end that even comes close to the Camrys ? :huh:

Erm, how about every single one......! Can't see whats special about something that resembles any other saloon but with thin lights!

How old are you flexy7?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links