Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What is the Best Looking Toyota.

flexy7

I think the MK1 MR2 is best in my eyes, the front (best with the headlights down) is an impressive sight in a rearview mirror and they just look fab.

How can you not be won over by this?:

100_2305-1.jpg

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flexy7

• Phoenix999

• JappyBeast

• essex2zz

I forgot that it was a Hilux in BTTF! Love that film, and that pickup was my dream car for a while when I was younger :P

I don't think the current Avensis is too ugly in the right light:

2613724897_b75aaf65d2_o.jpg

2614223980_f61d24f7f8_o.jpg

(Though I probably should have cleaned it first)

I think the MK1 MR2 is best in my eyes, the front (best with the headlights down) is an impressive sight in a rearview mirror and they just look fab.

100_2305-1.jpg

:huh: Looks like a Japanese TR7 to me ! :(

I forgot that it was a Hilux in BTTF! Love that film, and that pickup was my dream car for a while when I was younger :P

I don't think the current Avensis is too ugly in the right light:

2613724897_b75aaf65d2_o.jpg

This era of cars all look as though they are on Steroids,give me my sleek late 97 Camry anyday. As for all this obsession with pick-ups & 4x4's, don't understand it, I want beautiful elegance. :( B)

2614223980_f61d24f7f8_o.jpg

This era of cars all look as though they are on Steroids,give me my sleek late 97 Camry anyday. As for all this obsession with pick-ups & 4x4's, don't understand it, I want beautiful elegance. :( B)

The doors seem to come up to you ear ,just don't seem as airy either.

:o

100_2305-1.jpg

Wholeheartedly agree with you on that one Tina, anyone who disagrees is clearly quite bonkers :o :rolleyes:

[...]

Yes, indeed. I remember a film of the 80s where it appeared a 1984-1989 Toyota Hilux Surf (3-door hard top passenger version of the Toyota Hilux), quite cool looking, dark grey metallic, driven by an escaping teenager, which in a scene produced a pealing tire squeal coming to a stop: does anyone remember the name of this film? It was perhaps "The Goonies"?

:unsure:

I for one can appreciate what the author of this thread is saying about the Camry. What the heck? They don't even sell those babies here anymore! Why? Original postee, you said something about cars nowadays looking like they are on steroids; I agree :wacko: The bonnets are way too high up for some stupid reason, meaning the front has to be tall as well. I think as a result of this the lights are far too high nowadays. I like the medium sized saloon that is the Camry. I appreciate your sentiments about it's sleek styling. I am fed up of all these stupid "Supermini" cars. Let's get some real cars back on the road instead of those toys.

I must draw your attention to the Corolla G.X.I.:

CorollaGXI9.jpg

Original postee, you said something about cars nowadays looking like they are on steroids; I agree :wacko:

Let's get some real cars back on the road instead of those toys.

I have to agree new cars are too 'chunky' and old toyotas are much better, however - the camry? Seriously? :huh:

I appreciate that all car owners are biased towards their own model - but come on lets call a spade a spade! It might be practical and value for money - but sexy? :blink:

Well not that but it is solid styling wise in comparison to lots of new cars. Styling features that were basic back then are practically non existant these days. Also I went about calling the Camry a "real car" because it was a decent sized car instead of the current roundup which seems to have their cars getting smaller and smaller!

I for one can appreciate what the author of this thread is saying about the Camry. What the heck? They don't even sell those babies here anymore! Why? Original postee, you said something about cars nowadays looking like they are on steroids; I agree :wacko: The bonnets are way too high up for some stupid reason, meaning the front has to be tall as well. I think as a result of this the lights are far too high nowadays. I like the medium sized saloon that is the Camry. I appreciate your sentiments about it's sleek styling. I am fed up of all these stupid "Supermini" cars. Let's get some real cars back on the road instead of those toys.

:unsure: Just don't think people here are willing to pay the new price for one, in this class the tend to badge chase, ie:BMW, Merc, even Lexus ! Still big in US cause they make them there & they are cheap commuter cars over there, & they have very basic versions I was supprised when I was over ther !

Original postee, you said something about cars nowadays looking like they are on steroids; I agree :wacko:

I have to agree new cars are too 'chunky' and old toyotas are much better, however - the camry? Seriously? :huh:

I appreciate that all car owners are biased towards their own model - but come on lets call a spade a spade! It might be practical and value for money - but sexy? :blink:

B) I've wanted one for ages, saw them by the handful in the US ages ago & have loved them ever since, My hubby has Laverdas, & I to have had some beautiful cars & bikes including a nice Mers S-Class & a rather lovely Guzzi V50 Monza that my hubby "borrowed" & promptly crashed & later blew up. anyway back to the point, Camrys have a beautiful elegance, They don't need to shout "look at me look at me", they just ooze beauty & elegantly. I know I'm in a minority but I seldom go with the sheep & drive what Clarkson & the like tell us is "Cool". B)

B) Alfa Romeo make a back end with thin,sleek light etc..& everyone drools & says how stylish (Esp the Motoring Media), Toyota do it better with the Camry & nothing, the predjudice again big Toyotas is ridiculous, alot of people on forums like this tart there toyotas up to look better, the camry looks beatiful standard, It wouldn't be fair of me to add bits to mine cause it would blow the other Modified cars away(I'll just stick to Quality service parts), As a standard production vehicle & a toyota I find it unbeatable. B)

This is the best looking toyota?

800px9799toyotacamrydh1.jpg

I'll have some of what you are smoking please!

I think the best looking toyota is the latest (and last?) celica.

:rolleyes: You've found the most low spec Camry in not particularly my favourite colour, but yes I still think it's the most beautiful of all Standard Production Toyotas. :P

B) I've wanted one for ages, saw them by the handful in the US ages ago & have loved them ever since, My hubby has Laverdas, & I to have had some beautiful cars & bikes including a nice Mers S-Class & a rather lovely Guzzi V50 Monza that my hubby "borrowed" & promptly crashed & later blew up. anyway back to the point, Camrys have a beautiful elegance, They don't need to shout "look at me look at me", they just ooze beauty & elegantly. I know I'm in a minority but I seldom go with the sheep & drive what Clarkson & the like tell us is "Cool". B)

Kudos to you for being individual it is purely up to personal taste - i love the retro look that the mk1 mr2 has - loads of people hate it but it doesnt bother me, it gets loads of attention in its standard form and i love that - i hate it when i have to drive my dads vectra as it gets zero attention and i feel like a clone when im driving it - no different from the rest of the masses on the road - hence the reason id never buy a new car.

i dont think many people listen to clarkson these days - i know i dont because he sounds just like my dad! :yawn: He's purely there for entertainment value :D and i dont think they ever test many cars that us mere mortals could ever afford anyway!

Celica RA-28

40gross.jpg

Without a doubt the best looking Toyota there has been so far :)

And this i think will be the best looking Toyota to come :)

toyota-ft-hs-k02.jpg

Im sorry but the camry is not ever going to be a classic im afraid. There are no design features that make it stand out from the rest, thats probably why the american's love them. Toyota played it very safe on the styling, perhaps a little too safe.

Mention the new honda civic and people will comment on the triangular exhaust exists and the pointy edges of everything, let alone the honda badges behind clear plastic. Take the mini, the fiat 500 or the beetle. They have revitalised classic lines and ideals. The BMW and Audi lines, although some say they are an aquired taste have brought home new shapes and forms which make their previous models look terribly dated. These are things that people remember as it makes the car stand out, it pushes the boundaries of design and fashion. Unfortunately the camry isn't a memorable design, it isnt thrilling to drive, it isnt particularly environmentally friendly/economical, it doesnt handle well and the performance is dire (the 2.2 is in fact an aweful engine that Toyota need a slap for releasing upon the world).

What it is though, is a very good all rounder for someone that wants something that isnt flash or makes them stand out but gets them from A to B with the minimum of fuss. Which in that case i think it does well :)

I considered getting a 3.0V6 Camry once as i did quite like the side profile, but went for a Lexus LS400 and then a 3.0 Twin Turbo Toyota Aristo instead as they were both the same money but had twice the power and RWD too.

Leeky.... oh my word what have you done :eek:

I think that once Flocksy drops by and reads your observations you will be in for a verbal slapping :crybaby:

As for your choice of 'future best looking Toyota' I am still wondering if the FT-HS, in whatever form, will be put into production at all :unsure:

:lol:

I dont know what you mean? :lol: its sheer fact that the camry will never be in any 'Top 100 best looking cars' books. It like the Audi 100, the Ford Granada and the Vauxhall Cavalier. Cars that nobody will ever remember 20-30 years from now as they havent done anything that hasnt already been done.

Toyota dont sell the Camry over here in the UK anymore and the reason for that is that nobody bought it ;) Clean and simple.

Im not here to banish cars to the dark end of Clarksons 'Cool Wall' im just stating fact :)

Im not here to have a dig at flexy7, i have nothing against her at all and congratulations to her for finding a car that she loves to pieces. But trying to convince the world its the best looking car ever is like me buying a Daewoo Matiz and telling people its faster than a Ferrari F40. Its just simply not true.

Oh Leeky.... Oh Leeky.... Oh dear :ermm: :help2:

I will have to get my flak jacket and steel hat on now as I am fearful of the slamming you might get.... I am bound to be targetted as Flucksy dislikes me and is bound to fire off a few well chosen words in my direction :gun_bandana:

LOL @ YOU TWO :lol:

Just briefly read through this post but think is each to their own i guess, though i do like Camry's dont know why it dont sell well in Europe they sell really well in aus, US, Asia (esp Hong Kong) so cant be that bad as some people here mug them off :rolleyes:

Regardin best i probably got a few since Toyota made so many cars alot only JDM not many here mentioned,

Toyota Altezza (lexus is200 still a toyota)

Toyota Levin AE111

& this, a Toyota Mark II

800px-JZX100_Toyota_Mark_II_.jpg

I seen alot them in Asia & they are nice, been in one as well a 2.5tt :) always loved these pillerless japanese sedans

What was that mad looking thing on eBay years ago that was built by Toyota but designed by someone at GM??.. looked a bit like a sporty cavalier. Only sold in the states.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links