Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do I Need

thebones

Ok firstly apologies if this post gets in anyway confusing but I need to explain the situation first.

I've moved to France taking with me my trusty 1996/7 - 2.0 16v - Carina E GLi Estate, I don't want to change the car because it suits me just fine, it's reliable and comfortable plus I get around in a wheelchair and finding a replacement vehicle for me involves all sorts of issues able - bod's don't have to deal with. So I need to get a MOT over here and wouldn't you know it the exhaust has come to the end of the road, the catalyser is ok but the front pipe/s and the rear box were needing replacement so I ordered the front pipe and the rear box from the UK as my car wasn't imported here (petrol engine in mine, the French model only came with a diesel engine), went to local friendly Toyota gargage only to find the front pipe is the wrong one; the new rear silencer is fine and on the car now. As I'm only just learning to speak French it wasn't clear to me whether I need just one front pipe or more but I understood just one. When I was at the gargage I had a good chance to see that the front pipe is a two into one with a device that looks like a small turbo in it, I guess it may be there to 'spin up' the exit speed of exhaust gases.

Can anyone tell me from experience or my attached pics, do I need just the one pipe or is there an extra bit to attch to the manifold or the cat'? I've looked on line in the UK for pattern parts but the front pipe on the diagrams I've seen isn't clearly showing what I need and is marked as 'unavailable' anyway, perhaps the 'trick' rotor part makes it unviable to manufacture. Where can I get the part/s? Toyota?

Thanks in advance for any help

post-25721-1214483629_thumb.jpg

post-25721-1214483645_thumb.jpg

post-25721-1214483663_thumb.jpg

post-25721-1214483677_thumb.jpg

post-25721-1214483689_thumb.jpg

The on-line catalogue here:

http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/categor...wagon-0196-1097

The front pipe (manifold to cat) appears to be a one-piece. Aftermarket exhaust components rarely resemble the original. All the manufacturers seem to care about is cheapness. So long as the manifold connection; Hangers; etc. match there isn't usually any problem. Copy components 'should' just bolt onto your existing cat.

I've never had to replace the front pipe before on the Carina E as on mine it was very solid. It appears that yours had 'grounded' at some point in the past. Don't worry about thost metal jackets. The Origianl MR" has similar shields. Copies do not and swapping them over is not worth considering.

The on-line catalogue here:

http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/categor...wagon-0196-1097

The front pipe (manifold to cat) appears to be a one-piece. Aftermarket exhaust components rarely resemble the original. All the manufacturers seem to care about is cheapness. So long as the manifold connection; Hangers; etc. match there isn't usually any problem. Copy components 'should' just bolt onto your existing cat.

I've never had to replace the front pipe before on the Carina E as on mine it was very solid. It appears that yours had 'grounded' at some point in the past. Don't worry about thost metal jackets. The Origianl MR" has similar shields. Copies do not and swapping them over is not worth considering.

Many thanks for that I should just add that my model is the 16valve 2.0 version but I searched the site and found what I hope is the right part straightaway. I'll email them with my pics and a pic of the part I don't want. I thought it was curious the front pipe failed too, it is right at the top near the flange but it doesn't appear to be rubbing anywhere, my car has a one owner full Toyota service history and is very clean also, so it's a mystery!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links