Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Replacement Update!

undertaker_06

Hello!

You may remember my previous post about replacing the original stereo in my carina E...

Well, i managed to get it working, after poppin into Halfords with the original wires from the back of the old stereo. With a bit of help i was able to connect my stereo to the original wiring.

However, i'm struggling with memory-my new stereo won't remember pre-set radio stations and the time when i switch off the ignition, and restart it.

Could it be a blown fuse (is there an internal fuse-box, other than the one in the engine compartment)? Could it be that the wires from the old stereo are not sufficient enough?Could it simply be i need to put the unit in the bin and start again (i.e. faulty)!!

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me complete the final step in installing a new, fully functioning stereo!!

Kindest Regards,

Rich

really simple fix, the permenant feed and ignition feed are the wrong way round, these need the wires into the radio swapping around into the radio.

these are normally red and yellow but check first

have fun

really simple fix, the permenant feed and ignition feed are the wrong way round, these need the wires into the radio swapping around into the radio.

have fun

Great-thanks...but, erm, could ya jus let me know how to swap em-i don't want to do so much damage i have to fork out for a complete new system!

Thanks very much!

have fun

bugger, I have just said this in the old thread as it was only a few down the page and not very old...

Never mind at least you have an agreeance on this problem now B)

lol i just cut mine and attached them and attached em together, but i put spade connectors on mine, just incase i fitted a different stereo and needed to swap em back