Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1/4 Mile Times

Charles Gustavino

Hi all just joined this Forum. I reside is Western Australia and am on the pripheral of the MR2 club in WA. I own a pearl black 1992 converted to look like a 94 MR2 GTS with a 3SGTE engine. It has a few mods carried out by the previous owner including TRD LSD, OS Gyken Twin Plate race clutch, boost control and has modified piping and air intake.

Took the car down the 1/4 mile on max boost of 21.3 PSI (15 Kg/cm2) and achieve a gob smacking 12.91s (beating a worked Sabura WRX in the process). To my knowledge thare is only one other sub 13s MR2 in WA owned by Tristan which pulled a 12.5 sec and is capable of better.

Hoping to hear from any other MR2 drivers with 1/4 mile times for feedback.

Cheers

Charles

What spoiler is that, ne1 know?

Is it the autopista?

-Z

Looks like a Veilside wing to me.....yuk, too big :!Removed!:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

ive run a 14.4 qtr mile but my car is basicly standard at the jap day at santa pod i saw a black one run a 13.2 against my mate in his white Skyline

aight cheers for clearing that up jim :thumbsup:

kiwi: veilside huh? i like that wing... not gonna be able to see outa the back like...

-Z

Never judge a spoiler till yev seen it from all angles imo. But the vielside one looks out of proprtion unless youve got an equally loud bodykit to go with it.

They do look simlar but u can see the bit where the wing attaches to the side bits on the black car. the silver bolts(?).

And at that price i think i'll give it a miss... nearly £500, almost as much as the whole of the kit i'll be gettin, hehe.

ive run a 13.9 and mine is standard apart from an exhaust. that wasnt a perfect run as i changed up too late in 3rd gear.

going to the pod on the 25th jan to see what i get now :D

any1 else??

I just used a G-tec 2 nights ago to get a feel for times...got a 13.7 at about 166 kph's. That's with a CAT-BACK exhaust, a pod filter in a box and 14 psi boost :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

• 8 months later...
Hi all just joined this Forum. I reside is Western Australia and am on the pripheral of the MR2 club in WA.

Thinking about heading back to Perth soon (was born there) .. where are all the MR2 owners?

I was there in March and saw 2 .. (both NA's)