Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3sge Beams

CentralCaliCamryCrew

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 98 SSIII and she definetly has more than 167 bhp I also noticed that vvti doesn't kick in until about 3500 RPM and when it does it puts me in my seat. I know how to adjust VVTI on a Honda but is it the same on a Toyota. Plus I am also trying to gat any info on aftermarket parts to upgrade, My spark plugs are going bad and no one has any info on my engine. any and all info would help thanks. There are 3 SSIII here locally in Okinawa, Japan. Mine was brought from mainland.

VVti doesnt kick in.........

regarding BEAMS black top 3s-ge engines, i have access to some btrand new ones ...for £2500

how much would an 99 altezaa be worth if it had a beams engine in it?

ones up for sale near me and wondering on the price.

my cousin had one for a while, he sold it for 20,000 euros. it was a 1999 model

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I see there is a few people here looking for the 3SGE Beams engine, I have access to 3 of these, 2 long blocks + 6 spd tranny (RWD) which are from an altezza, and a 3rd which is a half cut but has an automatic gearbox (FWD).

One of the altezza's is going in my MR2 Bathurst when i have enough saved up for the install itself, and as everone is speaking in Euro's, which is worth alot more than the aussie dollar, Providing the engines are in good condition i would be happy to set you guys up. You would however need to check what your laws on importing are though. Dont hold me to it, But i reckon they would be around the $4300-$4500 Euro price range with shipping and insurance included

If there are any interested parties could you let me know, and i'll make further inquiries.

the beams is the 4th generation 3SGE with single or dual vvti (red top or black top)

Beams doesnt kick in, VVTLi kicks in and aint found on the Beams.

what you feel at 3500rpm is probs peak torque as the power band quickens.

These engines are very rare and expensive, parts are expensive too.

Have those considering the beams also considered the 2nd or 3rd rev 3SGTE. 200 -250 bhp rev 2 easilly attainable or 240 - 300 bhp to get your juices flowing on the rev 3.

Have those considering the beams also considered the 2nd or 3rd rev 3SGTE. 200 -250 bhp rev 2 easilly attainable or 240 - 300 bhp to get your juices flowing on the rev 3.

The Carina E GTi also had the 3S-GE lump with 173 bhp, circa 95-97. They were all built in Japan so Toyota could use them for the BTCC with Will Hoy and Julian Bailey. They're a rare in the UK now although you may be lucky.

I have one which is a great Q car as the only give away is the twin exhaust pipes and a very small GTi Badge.

• 4 years later...

hi guys i need help.just ripped out the 4age blacktop engine,wire harness and ecu out of my 1992 toyota fx.i bought a beams redtop with harness out of a jap spec mr2,a 99 celica 5sfe box and is currently installing them,im looking for a ecu to fit this 3sge beams motor.1 looked up a ecu and the saw numbers like89661-17561. the american mr2 had 89661-17600 and the 00 celica read 89666-20032 ,the person i bought engine from said 89661-2g080 would be the correct ecu.will any of these two american type work or does any body have a correct ecu for this setup,reply or email cyclelube@netzero.net

• 1 year later...

FYI .. 3S engines are known to produce even more than 500hp .. the supras in the jap GT races uses them instead of the 2JZ engines .. ever wonder why ?? :D

weight reduction

sadly those supras never won

• 2 months later...

fancy putting a beams engine into my kp60 starlet once i make a start on it

• 1 month later...

The guy who said hes only getting 169hp wont have the vvti motor.

169 hp is for most of th estandard Celicas up to 96/97

They also have a Beams head but not vvti

• 2 weeks later...

The guy who said hes only getting 169hp wont have the vvti motor.

169 hp is for most of th estandard Celicas up to 96/97

They also have a Beams head but not vvti

No, all Beams engines have VVTI. Thats what BEAMS stands for - Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System - i.e VVTI.

He may have a Red Top Beams 3SGE and be running it on 95ron unleaded - meaning ignition is retarded.

Or it could be a high mileage engine. Unless you have a brand new engine you cant expect it to still make the same power when its over 10 years old. Its gonna wear down with age and make less and less power over time.

Its unlikely its a non beams rev 3 engine...as 170 is roughly what it was at new...so its unlikly to still make 169 on a dyno now after all these years...

I think you're right that only the SS3 had the Beams. I was thinking of something else. Id seen YAMAHA written on a late 80's or 90's Celica engine.

Where did that thread go anyway? He must have deleted it..how do you do that!

I think you're right that only the SS3 had the Beams. I was thinking of something else. Id seen YAMAHA written on a late 80's or 90's Celica engine.

Where did that thread go anyway? He must have deleted it..how do you do that!

Yamaha was the maker of the 3SGTE cylinder head.

You'll see Yamaha on the cambelt cover of both 3SGE and 3SGTE engines (but not all, some early engines dont have a Yamaha logo). Yamaha worked on all the 3SGE's and 3SGTE's. They werent involved in the developement of the 3SFE.

• 1 year later...

A guy from a forum im on in ireland got his dyno'd recently totally standard put out 183bhp so maybe a loss over the 15 years of driving. These engines put out around 205 n/m or torque and the beam dual vvti in altezza around 216 n/m very respectable for n/a of the time and still today. This guy has taken 200kg+ out of his mr2 and is sitting with modded skylines on the track and says the car standard would sit with type r's no problem.

• 1 year later...

Hello people, I'm new in this group, I currently have an altezza with a 3sge engine 2nd generation, I want to change the cold air intake system but in eBay im not sure which one i should buy, can anyone please guide me as to what cold air intake system i should purchase?

post-146196-0-33194700-1422517943_thumb.

post-146196-0-60168500-1422517946_thumb.

• 4 years later...

looking for ecu pinout for3sge caldina black top engine

• 8 months later...

Hello, i am thinking of buying a Rav4 whoch has a black top. It has already done 320,000km. I am getting the car i an otherwise mint condition for $1000. I was wondering if this was worthwhile seeing that it has high kms. What sort of repairs would the engine need since it has done 320,000km. Cam belt was rwplaced at 175000km. I can't find any info on engine overhaul  info.