Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amber Light

lee06121968

hi

I have a toyota carina e 2.0 1995,every now and then i get an amber oil light show i my dash,i have checked the oil and it seems ok,any ideas?

lee

Hi mate and welcome to TOC

I've moved this to the Carina section - hopefully you'll get some answers there.

Amber oil light?.... are you sure it's not the check engine light (CEL)?

chkeng.jpg

The CEL comes on when one of the car's many sensors detects a fault, this fault can be almost anything.. sometimes bad, sometimes not so bad and relatively simple to fix.

What you need to do (if indeed it is the CEL) is take the car to any garage that has an OBDII code reader... most will have... and get them to read the code for you, the code will then point to the fault, once you know what it is come back here and tell us what it is and hopefully someone can help you get it sorted.

If the light has an oil can on it - that is the 'oil level' sensor. Sounds like the sensor is faulty. It is on the sump and may need replacing. If the levels are correct there is nothing to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

The 3S sump oil level sensor is most likely at fault.

I had the same problem on my Carina E, it only came on when the engine got warm/hot. As long as the levels are where they should be there will be no damage done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links