Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1995 Rav 4.1 Immobiliser Problem?

Bloory

Got my first Rav on Friday, drove it straight to the garage for new brakes then collected it home on Saturday. All fine.

Played with the car, finding out how the controls etc work and now it won't start.

It has plenty of Battery left (lights, stereo etc). Also put the Battery on charge.

The limited documentation included a leaflet on the T5000 which I have read how to disable here - the appropriate wires are cut and joined to disable it. I have a red LED in the bank of blank switches in the centre console and a green LED left of the fog light switch. Neither seems to illuminate.

The starter motor sounds like it is trying to go (clicking noise, repeatedly).

Any thoughts please, so keen to get up and running.

Thanks in advance

Bloory

clicking noise from the starter means the starter is stuck or the Battery is flat. if the starter is stuck put the car in gear remove the hand brake and rock the car backwards and forwards this should free the starter motor. if the Battery is flat it will need recharging or maybe replacing

The batteries on this version is notorious - very small and lasts months rather than years. If its goosed, no amount of charging will help.

There is also the chance the starter motors sticking if the cars been lying for a while.

Let us know how you get on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links