Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Baby... Yaris For The Wife?

Johan007

Hi

1. Can you fit one of these overly expensive buggies into the back of a Yaris and still have room for shopping?

[delete]2. Having a 2.0 D-4D Auris, the 1.4 D-4D looks like my choice for the Yaris (love the Torque of Diesels), however how do the petrol engines compare as I can not be too fussy in the second hand market?[/delete]

Not sure as i do not have children, however the rear seats do slide forward to give more room

in the boot.

i holiday in the uk and i can say that i can get a suitcase,a holdall and a ruck sack in there :lol:

someone will be along soon to answer you properly :D

missed your 2nd question !! i understand your love of torque far more important than bhp

With my wife having a baby 9 months ago and her also having a new 08 Yaris i can confirm the following...

Yes you get get those expensive buggies in the back if you slide the seats forward but there is no room for shopping in there at all. You also have to take out the lower tray in order to get the buggy in. Just a point to note, ours is a medium size buggy and its a squeeze, i would suggest popping down to your local dealer with your buggy to try it out.

Then you have to consider you will have a child seat in the back as well which leaves just on side of the rear for shopping bags etc if you and your wifey + baby go out together in the Yaris.

Hope that helps.. :)

I need child seat + big buggy + shopping and a passenger seat available.

Forget my question regarding the engine as I will not be driving it.

I don't want her to have the big Auris as I think it is a bit too big and powerful for her needs.

In which case its just the buggy that could be the issue if your happy to use the back seat to hold your shopping.

As i siad.. pop into your local dealer with your buggy if your after a new shape Yaris and if not then there must be a TOC Yaris member close by to you that would be willing to show you about the car.

Hi

1. Can you fit one of these overly expensive buggies into the back of a Yaris and still have room for shopping?

[delete]2. Having a 2.0 D-4D Auris, the 1.4 D-4D looks like my choice for the Yaris (love the Torque of Diesels), however how do the petrol engines compare as I can not be too fussy in the second hand market?[/delete]

You may wanna consider folding the buggy and putting it in the front as if it was a front seat passenger and belting it up. I do this sort of thing regularly in my Yaris. A smaller buggy will belt up in the rear too, so you can have a front seat passenger, a child seat and shopping, albiet a bit limited. As a second car, the Yaris is a great choice. B)