Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bp 'ultimate' Unleaded

philjones1978

I've just noticed that my local BP garage has got some 'ultimate unleaded' in and I was wondering what it is? The BP web site claims it's cleans and offers more power. Sounds similar to Shell's optimax. Is the BP stuff any good? I found optimax to be goog and tests in EVO magazine backed up shells claims. I'm hoping BP's stuff is as good.

the BP ultimate diesel is very good... but i havent used the unleaded so i can't tell u i'm afraid.

i would imagine it's going to be pretty good.. :thumbsup:

BP Ultimate Unleaded is fantastic! Much better than Optimax IMHO.

The differece in my MR2 when using Ultimate is quite amazing, I travel axtra miles just to fill up with this stuff :thumbsup:

seriously ??? It can be a pain to find a Shell garage, but there are quite a few Bp ones.

But how much is it ?? I found a Shell garage that has optimax at 77.9p per litre... cheapest I've found.

Tried BP Ultimate and i may as well put Supermarket 95ron in because it was USELESS :lol:

Optimax is a good fuel, especially because it has a cleaning agent to keep your engine sweet.

But is soooo damn pricey.

I'm using Esso Super Plus Unleaded which is 97 ron, cheaper than Optimax and i swear its just as good! :thumbsup:

Seen Super Plus Unleaded for 74p the other day!

fuels can vary depending on geographic location.

I've seen truck's at filling stations and they all queue at the same place to restock/refuel even tho they're from different company's. thats why u can hit lucky w. some supermarket fuels, cos they'll be the same as bp etc.

Tried BP Ultimate and i may as well put Supermarket 95ron in because it was USELESS :lol:

Optimax is a good fuel, especially because it has a cleaning agent to keep your engine sweet.

But is soooo damn pricey.

I'm using Esso Super Plus Unleaded which is 97 ron, cheaper than Optimax and i swear its just as good! :thumbsup:

Seen Super Plus Unleaded for 74p the other day!

I agree, BP felt grea for about a week, then my car became lumpy as did my work car <_< , the stuff is c**p specially as its 100 RON all over the world except UK :(

fuels can vary depending on geographic location.

I've seen truck's at filling stations and they all queue at the same place to restock/refuel even tho they're from different company's. thats why u can hit lucky w. some supermarket fuels, cos they'll be the same as bp etc.

I worked in Logistics for many years, DONT go by whats on the trailer/unit. Lorries are shared, borrowed, lent, subbed etc, etc, etc. I once used a Tesco lorry to take two motorcycles to I of Man!! Just because the lorry says Shell doesnt mean its being used by Shell, if you get my meaning.

specially as its 100 RON all over the world except UK 

so they give us inferior fuel, and tax us beyond insanity for it....

it really is absurd that we cannot get 100ron fuel considering how much we pay for petrol. :angry:

we pay up to 3 times too much for fuel in comparison to other countries :(

also, the government takes 40billion quid off the motorist every year through road tax, speeding tickets etc etc..

what the hell are they doing with all that money?! cos' it's certainly not going back into the roads! :o

Seems I was wrong then :huh:

Every time I have used it (so far I've not actually filled up consecutively with it) I have noticed a great improvement.

By the sounds of things you should just try what's in your area and find the best fuel.

it really is absurd that we cannot get 100ron fuel considering how much we pay for petrol. :angry:

also, the government takes 40billion quid off the motorist every year through road tax, speeding tickets etc etc..

what the hell are they doing with all that money?! cos' it's certainly not going back into the roads! :o

None of our taxes go on what they're designed for, they all go into a big tax pot where the cabinet pays for spurious wars/huge pay rises for themselves (war costs billions, where d'you reckon they get the cash for that). But lets not go there!!

Goes towards Prescotts New Jaguar, the Royal Family, Asylum Seekers, and the F :censor: KING MILLENIUM DOME!

:ffs:

Seems I was wrong then :huh:

Every time I have used it (so far I've not actually filled up consecutively with it) I have noticed a great improvement.

By the sounds of things you should just try what's in your area and find the best fuel.

I shouldnt have said it was cr*p, it may be grate in other cars but in my 3sFE and my company Clio (Bleeuurgh :ph34r: ) it started off great, like it was cleaning etc. but then started to Lope same as with the French piece of S**t.

Seems I was wrong then  :huh:

I shouldnt have said it was cr*p, it may be grate in other cars but in my 3sFE and my company Clio (Bleeuurgh :ph34r: ) it started off great, like it was cleaning etc. but then started to Lope same as with the French piece of S**t.

i.e Idle revs up and down like a whores draws, funnily enough, when i went back to Optimax+Aldons problems ceased. If you want the best Octane booster ever, you want ALDONS AUTOMOTIVE race proven formula, I been told it should take 97ron up to 100-101.

I'll be watching it... Everyone raved about optimax and it was rubbish.

I was all excited when I thought at last we were going to get 100RON fuel here in the uk (all jap import owners will agree, that would be nice)

but its not..... so untill I have conclusive proof.... -its just another fuel.... a new name for super plus.

but its not..... so untill I have conclusive proof.... -its just another fuel.... a new name for super plus.

Yeah this is what i've heard as BP wont give it a definate rating of above 97RON which is the same as there old super plus :blink::wacko:

Simon