Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Fog Lights

Jmc_uk

Lo ppl, got a slight prob. Just fitted some foglights to my Carina E but cannot get them to work, got the orignal switch and connected the lights. But i cannot get them to work!

Looked in the haynes manual and checked the fuses all working...but it says the that there is a relay, and a relay is something that "click" when switched, just like the rear fog lights. But i get no click from the front, can anyone tell me if i actually need to fit a relay if so where!?!?!

or could it be something else?

i have check all wiring i can see, the switch and the fogs all work seperatly.

Please help, its getting foggy outside :(

Lets trade information...

I'm have the front foggies working good, so Ill check the wiring you have to follow in order to sort it well. :thumbsup:

But, I have problems installing the rear foggies, What I need to now is if the Carina E TD has been previusly wired from factory, and if You can ( only if it is not a trouble to U) I need the rear foggies SW part number to buy it from the factory that makes me a 40% discount. :help:

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

SW part number?

Do you have Haynes manuals in Argentina? i will try and get u a photocopy of the wiring diagrams for the lights, may help you but unfortunatly useless to my problem ;)

Will try my best for ya, lemme know specifically what you want....

SW part number?

Do you have Haynes manuals in Argentina? i will try and get u a photocopy of the wiring diagrams for the lights, may help you but unfortunatly useless to my problem ;)

Will try my best for ya, lemme know specifically what you want....

Nop, Its a shame we cant get it here... <_<

Anyway, The problem of the part # is that in the factory thay have 2 different ones, and they dont know which one is as its not a replacement... :help: So I dont want to order the wrong sw.( I cannot return it!!!!)

I have more questions to You, did you have to wire something to connect the front? Or just connected to the connectors in the bumper?

Ill draw the wiring of mine and tell you where is the relay exactly( its beside the fuse box inside the dash)...

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

I cannot download ya attachment, well i can but there is nothing in it!

What i did to fit my fogs...

Took front bumper off, found the wires for the fogs at either side, under the headlights.

(Consisted of a connector with a Red/White Wire (+) and a Black/White Wire (-/Ground) )

I took of the connector and wired the fogs with a junction box, which i have tested and there is a circuit.

Secondly, went to a local scrapyard and salvaged a front fog button, which i fitted into my dash above the bonnet release and next to the steering wheel, fitted perfectly in the dash and the connector for the front fogs.

(That consisted of 2x Ground, 1x Red/White (+ for fogs) and 1x Green (+ for the illumination light in the button, which power is getting to!)

Wether I press the button or not there is no voltage coming through the fog light part...

Like i said i have checked all the fuses no probs and again i am sure there is meant to be a relay which has been confirmed in the reply, i need to know where to fit this and what type if this is the problem!

Please help :)

And coyote, will have the pic for ya later on today!

I've found the relay for the front foggies.

First remember that my Corona has the steering to the left, so the UK Carinas my be a little different.

The relay is behind the fuse panel under the steering, there there is a blue panel with 4 sockets for relays. The front foggies relay is the left lower one ( I have 2 in there and 2 empty sockets.)

So looking at this, which one is for the rear foggies? may be I dont have it too...

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

PD: I try to take a pic of that for a better explanation

Pic would be nice cos i do not have a clue where or what the relays look like near the fusebox!

Well, here U have some pics that might help. The Relay with the arrow is the Front foggies relay

The second picture, the relay panel is beside the clutch pedal, so U won't miss it!

Hope this helps!!

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Relay_panel.doc

Thanx for that dude, will get me on the way, still is there any easy way to get at it cos its a tight squeeze ;)

I really have to get that manual for you everytime i goto my car i foget to get it out!

what is it u exactley want?

and why the hell dont u have rear fogs, im pretty sure there a standard everywhere and in everycar, even citreon saxo's!

Thanx again!

Speak to ya soon!

M.Boswell, UK

what is it u exactley want?

and why the hell dont u have rear fogs, im pretty sure there a standard everywhere and in everycar, even citreon saxo's!

Glad to hear it helped!

Well, the thing is that my Corona (Carina E) didnt bring the rear foggies, even I had to make the holes in the trunk clusters to fit the lamps and wiring. But I certainly dont know if the rest of the car is wired and if I connect the SW ALL GONNA WORK!. So the the first thing is to buy the SW and here my problem is: The factory (They make me a 40% discount!!!!) says that have two different part# for that, and if I choose the wrong I cant return it! That's why I was asking for the correct part #.

And the other thing is the same problem You have, where goes the wiring which is the relay and on. I want to use the existing circuit...

So if you have it in your book, it would be very interesting to have a look...

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

• 2 weeks later...