Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glanza Engine In The Aygo

aygo vvti

Hi guys went to see the glanza v engine and had a talk with the garage that will be fitting the engine and after that confirmed the purchase (yesssss):

4e-FTE engine 1.3 ltr 16v 135bhp .

but thats not going to be stuck in as is as the shop will be fitting a fully programmable ecu and he is upping the boost to 1 bar and he said with a little bit of fuel it would be putting out 180bhp) I would have been happy with 150 bhp let alone 180 B)

I will be taking the car up to the shop on thursday ( next week) B) so i will keep you updated with pics on whats happening and on the outcome :D

you're crazy too!

and about the gearbox, are there any problems?

I will be useing the glanza gearbox! The aygo one wouldnt be able to cope with all that power.

What about suspension and brakes :huh:

I think you are nuts to do this.... why don't you simply buy a Glanza :unsure:

Very nice conversion and stay on the safe side with those BHP.

As you said, 150 BHP would be enough for a 1.3 16v.

Maybe an overboost up to 160 BHP.

Is it road legal in the UK to change the number of cylinders?

Because you are going to fit an 4 cyl. engine instead of an 3 cyl. engine.

The 4E-FTE will go up to 300bhp B)

Not sure what it would be like to drive, though :D

Paul.

well in Malta everything is legal (almost) it doesnt matter the number of cylinders it will be more of an insurance issue cos im gona tell them "im going to fit a starlet 1.3 engine as i wasnt able to find an aygo engine on the island" and maybe i can get it insured cos if they find out thats its a glanza engine bye bye insurance as here they hardly insure the glanzas and gt turbo let alone a 1.3 turbo Aygo :eek:

im going to see how the brakes and suspention cope with the more weight of the engine as (this is what i wish maybe not what i think :) ) it might be that the brakes as they will be putting more pressure on the tyres i would have better breaking as with the standard aygo the abs kicks in all the time bcause of the light front of the car! The suspention i think is stiff eough to cope with the extra weight but as i said will have to see how things turn out.

Im gona go for the 180bhp setup then will reduce from there if it will be overpowered :unsure: the fuel consumption should be like a standard glanza dont know what that is but!

Performance wise if you go to the 1/4 mile calculator and put in the weight of the car which i put at 850kgs and input the bhp at the wheels (engine bhp -14% )it will work an estimate 1/4 mile time which with the power to weight ratio should be 13 secs B)

Yes im nuts to do this nad i might name the project AYGO NUTS :lol: and im gona do it on the aygo cos i prefer the body of the aygo its nicer in every way and has *****loads of handling .but the engine of the starlet is way better so im going to have the best of both worlds :P

If toyota will take after you and make the aygo US version with a glanza engine, i'll be soooo mad :D

im going to see how the brakes and suspention cope with the more weight of the engine as (this is what i wish maybe not what i think :) ) it might be that the brakes as they will be putting more pressure on the tyres i would have better breaking as with the standard aygo the abs kicks in all the time bcause of the light front of the car! The suspention i think is stiff eough to cope with the extra weight but as i said will have to see how things turn out.

Im gona go for the 180bhp setup then will reduce from there if it will be overpowered

Hats off to you for doing the conversion however i SERIOUSLY SUGGEST that you uprate the suspension and brakes whilst the engine's going to be fitted and mapped - you can't seriously think that suspension and brakes which were designed for a 68hp 1.0i 3-cyl engined car will be able to cope with an engine that weighs more, produces 82bhp more power and expect the small brakes (well small for the power outputs you're aiming for) to handle all this?

What you realistically need are the following: -

Bigger Diameter Brake Discs

2-pot or 4-pot Front Brake Callipers (and corresponding brake pads)

Fully Adjustable Coilover Kit

And a Limited Slip Differential

The bare basics you should have at the very least is: -

Uprated Shock Absorbers (Koni are the only manufacturer i know of who makes them for the Aygo)

Lowering Springs (Ideally Eibach as i had Eibach springs and Koni shocks on my Almera and the handling was amazing)

Drilled & Grooved Brake Discs

Uprated Brake Pads

If you don't do any of the above then it will be like an American Car - fast in a straight line but butt-clenchingly terrifying in the corners... A brief stint in a Corvette taught me that...

Not trying to ***** on your bonfire mate but just making you aware of what will be required...

I'm also thinking that you should upgrade the things menioned by Paul.

Koni's are available for the Aygo and I can really recommend an Eibach Prokit.

I have fitted a set under my 107.

I'm also thinking that you should upgrade the things menioned by Paul.

Koni's are available for the Aygo and I can really recommend an Eibach Prokit.

I have fitted a set under my 107.

Do you know how much is it a Koni Sport kit for Aygo?

Unfortunately in Italy it isn't aviable, so the only way is to order abroad. Can someone guess me where can I buy online koni at a good price?

I have already lowered the car and as i already had it turbo and was fast i know what i would expect from the handling ( it will deteriorate the more bhp i throw at it!) but first i have to get the car moveing as it is stopped without an engine in the garage at the moment and if im not getting it out IGO CRAZY ! i can upgrade the brakes after i get it out (maybe i will drill the discs if i dont find something bigger to fit instead)

• 2 weeks later...
A full set of Koni's will be around 600 euro (front and rear).

Link: Koni

In Holland this company is selling the Koni's.

Thanks

I'll keep the adress for furthur reference!( as now i will be a bit short of money after the engine transplant :unsure: )

At last on friday i took the car to the garage fitting the engine as on thursday he was too busy! and i as everybody would asked when its gona be ready ,he told me let these 2 weeks pass then come back ! so its car gone for at least 2 weeks (as if im gona go and check the car after 2 weeks !tomorrow he will find me there waiting to see him doing the work on my little baby to see that he doesnt harm her :P and take some photos.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi as promised some of the first pics with the 4ef-te engine in the aygo.

DSC003732.jpg

DSC003721.jpg

DSC003711.jpg

DSC003741.jpg

DSC003751.jpg

DSC003761.jpg

DSC003771-1.jpg

i will be posting when there is more progress (soon i hope)

you could of at least painted the engine!!

ok ok so im nit picking as im !Removed! jealous!

you could of at least painted the engine!!

ok ok so im nit picking as im !Removed! jealous!

I will paint the engine when its fitted and ready to put in the car as it will get dirty again if i did it before :P

before dropping the engine in i had serious doubts thatt is would go in but i was wrong cos it has 2inches from the gearbox side and a n inch from the front of the engine and everywhere else it has good clearence.

you cant go wrong with a good couple of inches!!

:lol:

Thats mental. Happy it fits. How do you think its gonna cope with handling? Lots of understeer :unsure: ?

Thats mental. Happy it fits. How do you think its gonna cope with handling? Lots of understeer :unsure: ?

I dont know yet but as there would be more weight on the front wheels there should be good traction on both accelleration and on braking. he is going to try and put glanza shafts on if the splines fit into the hub of the aygo (so he wouldnt have to weld the shafts )yes u would expect understeer as the power for the weight of the car is bigger than it was designed for but maybe i say it again maybe the weight of the engine on the wheels would help with that( im hoping ;) ) if the handling wont be that good then im considering coilovers as i have already had a word with the firm fitting the engine and he said he will be able to fetch some.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys at last the engine is solidly fitted to the car on the std starlet gt mountings and a custom one for the back. The shafts of the aygo fit the gt gearbox but came about half an inch short (from the inside splines) so now we are going to try some glanza ones maybe they are that lil bit longer.Next thing tomorrow he will be fitting the high pressure fuel pump and continue working on the wireing. here are some photos of the mountings (not the back one sorry!)

Tis week it should be ready tough (i hope)

toyota4ef-teengine007.jpg

gearbox side mounting.

toyota4ef-teengine006.jpg

Engine front mount.