Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Slow Go, Whats Happenin ?

Toyota_Carina_GTi

no jimma, you find it in the early mk2's 118bhp the mk1 has a totally different 1.6 122bhp

( i have a late mk1 and a rev2 mk2)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toyota_Carina_GTi

• ZeroBlade

• pizza boy

• midmotorsteve

OK Guys am gettin confused now ..

As reiterated at top of thread (and to save ya readin it all again).

We bought a MR2, paid £200 deposit, found it to be totally slow, my bros 1.8D Fiesta is as fast !

So what we want to do is go back to the dealer tomorrow and say, look, we want our money back, cos on your advert on autotrader for the car, you said its a GT model, when we test drove it, it was flat and we looked into it and it is not a GT model as it has the 3G-FE engine.

Thats all we need to know really, cos when we did a insurance quote for the car it came up MR2 Coupe, no mention of it being GT.

If we can get the £200 back, then cool, but if not then we'll still go get another MR2 but a 3S-GE one ? I think there the best, right ?

So really I just need to know, is this 92 J reg MR2 a standard Coupe and not a GT model as he advertised ? if so then he will surly have to give us deposit money back.

Thanks a miliion guys :thumbsup:

mate as far as i can see the 3sfe was never called a GT it was called 'coupe' so it was incorrectly described, you have every right to ask for your money back

just for info for people heres some info on the base model:-

basedescription.JPG

basemodel.JPG

as people can see you can't really big-up the 3sfe it's damn slow!

YAYYYYY ! lol

Thanks a lot Steve, and everyone else in this forum, Brilliant, just the info I was lookin for, I aint too technical with the MR2's as only just finding out technical spec of what things actually mean like 3S-FE and 3S-GE etc.

When tomorrows over will let you know how we got on in gettin our deposit back.

Then I'l be back with questions on my car, I have a 1993 Toyota Carina E GTi 2.0i 16v Twin Cam, on parkers web site it says they started off as 155bhp then 1994 model was 173 bhp.

So my question on my car would be, a) how do I release the extra BHP, was it simply a ECU upgrade ? and .. does is my 3G-SE engine same as one in a MR2 cos I cant find no mods for Carina GTi 3G-SE engines.

CHEERS :hokus-pokus:

YAYYYYY ! lol

Thanks a lot Steve, and everyone else in this forum, Brilliant, just the info I was lookin for, I aint too technical with the MR2's as only just finding out technical spec of what things actually mean like 3S-FE and 3S-GE etc.

Then I'l be back with questions on my car, I have a 1993 Toyota Carina E GTi 2.0i 16v Twin Cam, on parkers web site it says they started off as 155bhp then 1994 model was 173 bhp.

So my question on my car would be, a) how do I release the extra BHP, was it simply a ECU upgrade ? and .. does is my 3G-SE engine same as one in a MR2 cos I cant find no mods for Carina GTi 3G-SE engines.

Oops I mean 3S-GE lol.

maan...

just woke up... got ur pm btw dude ;)

is the advert still on autotrader website or in mag?

either way make sure u save it so u can use it as evidence if neeed...

Try and get ur money back, the garage should really do this if not threaten to sue the f*****s!!!

Hopefully they'l cak their pants. Alternatively they *might* not even know the difference in mr2 models and it coulda been a genuine mistake. Always better to ask politely first inform em of what the car actually is, then if the sweet talk doesnt work threaten em ;)

I feel for ya m8, :(

-Z

YAYYYYY ! lol

You might not want to release that "extra horse power" as in the case of the MR2 the earlier rev 1 & 2 engines with 158bhp had more low down torque than the later 174 bhp models. This made the 158bhp motor a full half second faster in the 0 - 60 stakes. The differences between the two were quite large in that the induction system and cylinder heads were very different. Where abouts in Nottinghamshire are you?

taking mods for the carina, i guess someone does an exhaust, mind a de-cat pipe will give a few more cheap horses as they are only £50 ish, cats made about a 10 bhp reduction in power to mr2s, so thats a good way to start, only thing is unless you know a friendly MOT place you'll have to put the cat back on at mot time. Cold air induction kits give a few more bhp, then if you chip the car (not superchip) dastek Unichip then you should be just shy of 200bhp. :thumbsup:

mind what stef just said is a true valid point, the power delivery would move up the rev range, may make the car slower off the line, less power low down.

The first part of the engine code refers to the engine block, the 3S is 2 litre, the 5S is 2.2l.

The second part of the number refers to the cylinder head.

'E' heads were designed for fuel-injected engines (as opposed to carbs).

'F' heads have a much shallower angle between the valves, biased toward economy, and twin cams driven from a single pulley (at least they are for the 3S-FE).

'G' heads are the high-performance family, with twin independently driven camshafts and a steeper angle between the valves.

The 3S-FE is 119 bhp

The 5S-fe is 140 bhp

Zeroblade ... Thanks for replyin mate and I've attached the ad for ya all too see, is this still worth gettin even though its practically powerless ? We managed to get it down to £2495 in the end ?

Stef ... I am in Mansfield Notts mate, where are you ? thanks too for the info on the engine history mate.

Midmotorsteve ... Wicked tips on boostin me GTi's performance, thanks this is cool, will keep me busy until I can afford to trade up to me MR2 one day.

All in all guys, thanks so much for ya help, my bro and I are goin to garage first thing in morning to try and get our deposit back, I'll come straight home and let you guys know the outcome.

Thanks again so much for ya help.

Happy New Year :hokus-pokus:

post-38-1072974010.jpg

Good luck mate.. but whatever you do.. dont buy it!.. even if the price is dropped.. as you will never be able to get rid of the car after... :yes:

Ad is misleading aint it ? :ffs:

As fizz said i wouldnt get the car, u wont like it one bit w/o the power.

The price imo isnt that great eitherconsidering the engine, if its was 3S-GE then w. all them extras it would be a steal at that price, but w. the FE...

Also gettin an engine transplant wouldnt really be economical. It'l cost about 5grand to get the rev3 3SGTE, inc. labour from Rogue...

i know it might sound bad but if all else fails it'd be best to cut ur losses...

the n/a's seem to be averaging around 3G now on autotrader just had a quick look and there's seems to be an abundance of 2's around that figure.

http://www.banzaimotors.co.uk/_banzaimotors.htm

they seem to have a fair few mr2's.

From there tel. no. they're based in Newcastle. Mite hav to pop round and hav a spy.

-Z

Isn't autocentre in Kirkby?

We're in Sutton In Ashfield.

Theres an MR2 meet going on in Mansfield on Sunday, 4th Jan, meet at B & Q by Kings Mill Res, just off the A38 at 1:00pm moving to Woodend Inn at Huthwaite at 1:30pm. You and your brother, and anyone else owning or interested in twos is very welcome to come along.

There'll be lots of 3S-GEs, GTEs, a BEAMS VVTi, and prolly a 3S-FE too.

I can steer you in the direction of a nice Tbar, GT, R reg, 47k miles, £5995. In sutton in Ashfield - makes the '92 3S-FE look a bit sick dunnit?

FE and GE are both GT models, by the way, its only the head thats economy the engine is no different to a ge and like i said, check what revision you got cos my FE is rated at 141Bhp. Theres too many people on here who 'jump in' with their answers before reading everyone elses posts. Yes there is a 118 bhp FE but I think you'll only find that in a mki MR2

Jimma we arent slagging your cars engine. To set the record straight for myself and other peeps comments on this board, the 3sfe inside the MR2 Coupe produces 118bhp as its the older generation of that particular engine(the 'taxi' engine). Your Curren (ZS model?) was manufactured in late 94 (in conjuction with the ST202 celica)and is powered by the next gen 3SFE which produces a respectable141bhp and of course has much more tuning potential that the rather lame pre94 118bhp 3sfe. Sorry if that wasnt made clear m8.

GUYS !!!

The bar-sted wont give us our deposit back !!!

To reiterate, we saw a advert for a MR2 GT, when we got there, saw it, put £200 deposit on it, we then found out ir was a FE 118bhp model and NOT GT as advertised !

So we went for our deposit money back today, he would not give it us.

So we went to Citizens Advice Bureau, they phoned him up, and the garage dealer hung up on them !

CAB basically said they broke two laws, one was misinterpretation, by conning us into thinkin it was a GT model when infact it was a Coupe, then second law was one for the Trading Standards.

so CAB Bureau manager phoned Trading Standards, so not only aew we taking them to small claims court to get our money back, Trading Standards are now on the case lol.

Fock em ! Who do they think they are ??? I mean, why cant he just give us our deposit back ? Theifin gits, and hows he gonna account for it in his books ? £200 profit for what ? ... you cant, its nothing short of theft.

So we been to court, got the papers, paid £30 and will let you know when we get our money back lol if he doesnt pay this one, then we have to pay another £50, and the bailifs go with a court order, CAB man says they will simply take a car and sell it lol.

DONT BE RIPPED OFF BY SECOND HAND POOR EXCUSES OF CAR DEALERS !!!

I am a web designer by trade so I am about to put up a website about it in his own company name, lets see how he likes me playin him at his own game.

So alhough we never got our deposit back today, its just a matter of takin it through the courts.

What a way to start 2004 ...

Anyway will let you guys know how we get on, as you been SO helpful, that without you guys we wouldnt have had the amunition and information to make a case.

Thanks a mill.

Matt :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good to see some firm action has been taken mate!... :yes:

CAB are the people to deal with and liek i said before... bad press is a !Removed!... have another word with him and tell him what you plan to do with with regards to the online car forums etc and all the abd press.. and see how he reacts!.. :arrgg-matey: :thumbsup:

ps) good luck mate..

Failing that..on a quiete weekend why not mistakenly toss a heavy stone like object into thier premises and hopefully hit a car or two ? :lol::lol:

I am of course making a light hearted joke and this is not advised ahem! :thumbsup:

:arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey:

I'd not suggest damaging thier cars .. but if you see a nice set of alloys over a sunday browsing ..

GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The Bar-sted has messed with the wrong guy when he messed with me !

Being a Web Designer by trade, I've only gone and registered his actual trade name in MY name lol so when its active in 3 - 4 days and registered online, I am gonna rip off his site, (correction I already done that), and create a ..

Anti-Autocentre web site, it's cost me £9.40 for the domain name so far, and I'll probably have to pay to get it in No 1 listings with such search engines as Google, but it'll be worth it to give him bad press, well not bad press, but true press.

I know I gotta be careful and not say anything slanderous, however, I am allowed by law to say things which are true, and the thiefin bar-sted stole £200 quid from me and peeps are surly gonna know about it.

I am at Small Claims court 10am Monday morning to file my case, thats all sorted and happenin with the backing from Citizens Advice Bureau, Trading Standards are pursuing them on there own back now cos they broke a trading law, so with me taking them to court with the CAB, Trading Standards on there back, and a Web Site,.. in there own company name to boot, slating there business .. I hope to at least do them the £200 quids worth of money they STOLE from me :)

Ahhh .. feel much better now :) lol.

Man I feel like a fac-kin vigilante lol so are you proud of me MR2 owners or what ? :)

Cheers :thumbsup:

The brick...dont forget the brick...muhahhaa!! :lol: Heh what your doin is great I hate garages that do this to people. All he had to do was hand over the £200 but no..he had to be Mr Big Man lol. I hope you shut him down mate.

Ill get 'da boys' and pay him a visit hehe!

'da boys --->> :angry: :arrgg-matey: :angry: :cacker: :censor: :arrgg-matey:

MrDodgySalesman --->> :help:

Aahahahahahahahah :D

Wicked Pizza Boy :thumbsup:

Will see if we can beat him the legal way then if not .. be prepared to meet the wrath ! lol

:ph34r:

registered his actual trade name in MY name...

technically you could sue him for using your trade name... ;)

Yeah I guess ...

But its gona cost him to sue me :)

I told him to his face .. at the end of the day its gonna cost you MORE than the £200 quid you stole .. and I am gonna make sure it does !

Have a look at his web site :

http://www.autocentrekirkby.co.uk/autocentre.htm

And this is my Anti-web site, still in development and will be careful not to slander,only to tell the truth, that he conned me ! I can say it as long as its true, and it is.

http://mattpike.co.uk

I registered his company name as my domain, and when Its active in 2 - 4 days, I hope to do as much damage as poss, sure he can apply to courts to get it removed,.. but then I can host it again somewhere else lol even Yahoo free web builder would suffice !

Spread the word .. Second hand car dealers who steal from ya are now about to pay !

Over n out ;)