Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Slow Go, Whats Happenin ?

Toyota_Carina_GTi

wow..what a good move.

can you actually invade his url address? how can you be sure that the potential buyer can see this site?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toyota_Carina_GTi

• ZeroBlade

• pizza boy

• midmotorsteve

Hiya mate.

Well his url isnt actually his company name, he took one from his hoster, whereas I registered his actual trade name for a period of 2 yrs for £9.40 lol.

I get FREE site submission to the likes of Google, Lycos etc as part of my hosing package, and I will add it too all kinds of places.

I am even thinkin of runin a advert in the local paper and sending him a copy lol also printin some flyers with my web address on it (which is his exact company name) and putting them on HIS own cars in his car plot lol.

If he would only give us our deposit money back, he could have avoided all this, but I have to take it this far to protect other innocent customers you see, he cant keep gettin away with treatin people like this.

I'll keep y'all posted ;)

Hhhmmm... I think this may be going a bit far. It is someones business.

John, if Autocentre had been straight this wouldn't be happening at all. Just 'cos it's someone's business, it doesn't give them the right to pass a car off as a different model and if it was a genuine mistake then it would be expected for them to apologise and cancel the sale.

If this guy at Autocentre was straight and honest:

A.) He wouldn't have insisted on a non returnable deposit

B.) When it transpired that the car was mis-represented in his advert, he could have said "sorry chap, I got it wrong, of course you can have your deposit back"

Instead, he doesn't give a sh*t, he's got £200 and he ain't giving it back. I've been to Autocentre myself in the past and it's not the first time he has mis-represented a car. Either the company is not researching the cars they are selling and are being careless, or they really don't care as they must do quite well out of non-returnable deposits. Matt has had a lucky escape here in that he hasn't ended up with a car he doesn't want.

And Matt, make sure that you keep a record of expenses i.e. fuel and loss of earnings when you have to go to court on this as you can claim it all back from Autocentre as part of the settlement. :yes:

I agree that something must be done, but this is being taken through the small claims court. Where the person will get his money back..

I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, it's his choice. I just think that flyering around town is a bit excessive.

Cheers Stef ...

Thanks for ya support dude, and ya bang on !

John .. I can also see where your comin from, but if it were your £200 quid mate, and this guy looked at you, laughin sayin u arn't havin ur cash back, and when u asked why, and he just smiled .. trust me, you'd be well ubik-ed too matey.

I just want fair justice, and to help those out there that get stung like me.

Web sites nearly complete guys, wahoo ! :D

24 / 48 hrs and it'll be properley live, would appreciate ya messages in guest book on what ya think, should really jack the theivin dealer off.

Cheers :thumbsup:

I didn't hav a look at this website b4, but check the advert for the mr2...

Toyota MR2 2 , Petrol, 1992 J Reg , Black, Coupe...

hrm...

page was also recently updated...This stock list was last updated Saturday, January 03,2004 at 20:51:40PM, (taken straight from site).

Coincedence?

John: I know here ur coming from m8, but like Stef said this guy was a total D**k about it and blatantly refused to give the money back. The court case could take a long time and can be dropped at any time so tactics such as this may "force" the guy to give Matt his money back sooner.

You've done the spot on thing by taking it to the small claims court. However, when they find out that you've generated negative press, flyers, (stones through windows!) etc then you've gone over and above what should be happening. English Law may be frustrating and lengthy but;

You'll win you're money back mate, and he'll have the embarresment of the company being taken to Court. Leave it at that and you'll be reeeet!

Talk to you guys tomorrow, off to wok now!

Adam

Guys !

I know what u sayin about the flyers lol I got a bit carried away there lol but the web sites goin ahead, you can check it out if you want :

http://mattpike.co.uk

But I'll upload it to me new domain name (his garage name) when its active in next few days.

Zeroblade your right he has changed the ad, but clever me, I took a screen capture of it before he had chance to change it for evidence, good I did eh, cos without that I guess I wouldnt have a case..

And .. guys, here it is for you to see .. GT my ***** ! lol

:thumbsup:

post-38-1073166150.jpg

The ad for the car says 'GT' in the title but 'coupe' in the main body of the ad :unsure:

The ad for the car says 'GT' in the title but 'coupe' in the main body of the ad :unsure:

Yes it does mate, but all we knew was to get a GT version, and assumed that it was coupe, like a hatchback is a hatchback, and sedan is sedan, estate is estate etc, as long as it was a GT it 'should' havve been 158bhp, instead it was slower than me bros 1.8D Fiesta bein a 3S-FE engine in the 'coupe' non-GT MR2.

Its a good thing really as the ad contradicts itself.

Kinda proves that the guy who sold it to you really doesnt have much of a clue.