Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking

elf1

hi, can any one help me.

The other month i hastilly tried opening the boot just as my partner pressed unlock on key fob, which meant the buttons had to be locked then unlocked again. we did this however the boot no longer opens with the central locking which means we have to use the key. can you imagine how annoying that gets when you get dropped off and need to switch engine off to get your stuff.

Is there a simple sollution to fixin this problem or will it cost a fortune to fix.

Its a W reg yaris sr 3dr. if it makes a difference.

Thanx

hi, can any one help me.

The other month i hastilly tried opening the boot just as my partner pressed unlock on key fob, which meant the buttons had to be locked then unlocked again. we did this however the boot no longer opens with the central locking which means we have to use the key. can you imagine how annoying that gets when you get dropped off and need to switch engine off to get your stuff.

Is there a simple sollution to fixin this problem or will it cost a fortune to fix.

Thanx

Have a quick try at disconnecting the Battery, wait 5, then re-connect. If no luck, you may have dislodged or broke the locking lever. Have a look behind the carpet-liner on the inside of the boot to see if it looks attached or not. If you can see it, get your partner to lock/unlock the central locking to see if you can see it operating. may just need hooking back up.

hi, can any one help me.

Thanx

Have a quick try at disconnecting the Battery, wait 5, then re-connect. If no luck, you may have dislodged or broke the locking lever. Have a look behind the carpet-liner on the inside of the boot to see if it looks attached or not. If you can see it, get your partner to lock/unlock the central locking to see if you can see it operating. may just need hooking back up.

In fact, I would try this first, to see if it moves.

hi, can any one help me.

Thanx

In fact, I would try this first, to see if it moves.

thanx will try that tonight. x

Hi Elf,

Just wanted to say hi & welcome - see you are just up the road from me! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

I have just encountered this problem but the key wont even work.

I tried to open the boot as my partner was turning the key to open the central locking.

Now the boot is stuck locked.

Key central locking wont work, key in the boot lock unlock wont work it just pressed in with no opening of the boot.

As its only just happened and its dark i'll look in the morning in the boot for the suggestion above, is this the only thing i can do?

Should i try the Battery thing even though i unlocked the car with the key (Battery gone in keyfob)

Thanks for any help :)

Oh and hello everyone first post :)

Oh and its a 2001 Yaris.

I have just encountered this problem but the key wont even work.

I tried to open the boot as my partner was turning the key to open the central locking.

Now the boot is stuck locked.

Key central locking wont work, key in the boot lock unlock wont work it just pressed in with no opening of the boot.

As its only just happened and its dark i'll look in the morning in the boot for the suggestion above, is this the only thing i can do?

Should i try the battery thing even though i unlocked the car with the key (battery gone in keyfob)

Thanks for any help :)

Oh and hello everyone first post :)

Oh and its a 2001 Yaris.

Hi

I got exactly the same problem. Central locking and manual operation with the key will not open the boot, it is stuck shut.

Just like yourself, I pressed the boot release button, just as my wife locked the car. The button just presses in now an nothing happens.

Have you found the cause? Got it fixed yet? Any pointers for me?

Thanks

AL

(Yaris W 2000)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links