Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Cracked

Pandemonium

So, my car gets keyed (getting fixed tomorrow) and now I have a cracked windscreen. Nothing more sinister than a stone hit (I can feel where it hit near the top of the screen). It's a 20cm crack now. RAC Autowindscreen is coming out to replace it next Tuesday. My wallet's hurting :(

So, my car gets keyed (getting fixed tomorrow) and now I have a cracked windscreen. Nothing more sinister than a stone hit (I can feel where it hit near the top of the screen). It's a 20cm crack now. RAC Autowindscreen is coming out to replace it next Tuesday. My wallet's hurting :(

Its a bummer when mindless little rent boys run a key up, or generally vandalise a car for no good reason other then "They felt like it"! As for a cracked windscreen, the window guys are always harping on about getting a chip filled/repaired, before the whole thing cracks!

Not too sure if it is true, or just a way to drum up a bit of business, but many insurance policies cover for this, without a loss to the owner so may be worth doing!

Hope your luck changes soon. B)

I got two chips on the windscreen of our MR2 done by Autoglass at a local Shopping Centre a week and a bit ago - it cost the £10 excess, you can see a tiny little scar on them (but the man who did it advised that there would be scars) and I have to look for the scars too. For them tor replace it, it would've cost the £60 excess - so that is all you should have to pay I imagine, depending on your Insurer.

I got two chips on the windscreen of our MR2 done by Autoglass at a local Shopping Centre a week and a bit ago - it cost the £10 excess, you can see a tiny little scar on them (but the man who did it advised that there would be scars) and I have to look for the scars too. For them tor replace it, it would've cost the £60 excess - so that is all you should have to pay I imagine, depending on your Insurer.

Yes, I just have to pay the excess for the screen replacement. Doesn't affect my NCD either.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links