Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Boot Release On 2 Button Fob

Stivo

Hi all,

I'm the happy new owner of a 2004 Camry Sportivo :D

I received 2x 1 button door release remote controls with my car. I have asked Toyota how much it would be to buy a 2button remote so that I can open the boot as well, and was told that the car probably didn't have the option and it would cost "a fair bit" to add the actuators, etc, etc. (Could not give me a proper price as the sales people had left for the day).

Disappointed, I went home. I'm now thinking.... my car has the remote boot release leaver on the floor near the driver seat. Shouldn't that mean that the car could also do it from a fob? The way I see it, nothing new would need to be added to the car. Am I right or wrong??

Can someone please explain this to me?

TIA

Hi all,

I'm the happy new owner of a 2004 Camry Sportivo :D

I received 2x 1 button door release remote controls with my car. I have asked Toyota how much it would be to buy a 2button remote so that I can open the boot as well, and was told that the car probably didn't have the option and it would cost "a fair bit" to add the actuators, etc, etc. (Could not give me a proper price as the sales people had left for the day).

Disappointed, I went home. I'm now thinking.... my car has the remote boot release leaver on the floor near the driver seat. Shouldn't that mean that the car could also do it from a fob? The way I see it, nothing new would need to be added to the car. Am I right or wrong??

Can someone please explain this to me?

TIA

Hello mate,

Congrats on the new car, is it a 2.4?

Regarding the boot release, I'm not an expert but the boot release via the leaver next to your seat is totally independant of any actuator. I have to point my keyfob at the boot to release my boot, so the actuator must be in the boot, and I should imagine not that hard to fit. I'd suggest you source and fit the part yourself using diagrams if possible.

I have to say its a very useful toy when you have bags in your hands, so I fully understand you being ****** of not having it!

Yeah it's a 4cyl 2.4l engine. Running costs are still higher than my previous car which was a 6cyl on LPG, but I'm still happy that it's not a 6cyl ;)

It's pretty zippy for what it is... surprised me a lot given the weight of the car.

Now, back to the fob. I'd attempt fitting everything myself if I could find what actually needs to be done. I guess I'll have to do some research... I was under the impression that the boot release leaver was "electronic" and triggers an actuator in the boot, but I could be wrong... it is a leaver and not a button after all.

Thanks for the response.

Yeah it's a 4cyl 2.4l engine. Running costs are still higher than my previous car which was a 6cyl on LPG, but I'm still happy that it's not a 6cyl ;)

It's pretty zippy for what it is... surprised me a lot given the weight of the car.

Now, back to the fob. I'd attempt fitting everything myself if I could find what actually needs to be done. I guess I'll have to do some research... I was under the impression that the boot release leaver was "electronic" and triggers an actuator in the boot, but I could be wrong... it is a leaver and not a button after all.

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, that engines the same as mine. I actually think the car feels lighter than my old mk4 camry, hence the zippyness. Considering that the running costs are higher than your 6cyl on lpg, is it worth you converting the 2.4? I'm thinking of doing it here, as U.K petrol prices rise to unbelievable levels (currently around £1.20 per litre, and theres talk of it going up further), plus the boots enormous so loads of room for the lpg tank.

Talking of the boot, you could be right, but I think then it would be just a case of having the right keyfob - but toyota are telling you thats not the case, hence the need to add the actuator. Plus you're right, it is a lever and not a button......now that would be nice, a button on the dash to release the boot.

Like you say, do your research, especially the U.S web sites.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links