Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The One Thing The Last 12 Months Has Taught You

dave5282

Never buy an import.

:lol:  :thumbsup:

Ill second that....

thats the main thing i learned - also never buy a rare import they be even worse....

J

I'm on my 4th jap import, I have never had any problems at all...

AS for rare ones.. car I've got nows not common, never had any problems with it ever (that are to do with the car, or the fact its an import, just that I bought rubbish turbos)

did I mention not to ever use universal turbos?

Gees, in Argentina ALL CARS ARE IMPORT!!! so I have no choice....

Anyway, here goes mine:

NEVER let your girl to get in Politics and goverment, she would probably get in trouble

Always go for the roads your heart tells you so, not for the ones other people tell you so

Have your beloved closer, cause U dont know when they're not going to stay

As karma said: dont buy a car without ABS and Airbags ( I also had a an experience with that... :eek: )

Dont let time pass, because then, it's past.

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Everybody have a happy ending and a better beggining. :yes:

Never buy an import.

:lol:  :thumbsup:

Ill second that....

thats the main thing i learned - also never buy a rare import they be even worse....

J

Why are people so scared of imports????

My personal experience has been great, and I will buy another. :thumbsup:

An import is a vehicle which wasnt designed for/available for sale in your country.

Surely you have companies such as Ford, Toyota e.t.c that officially sell cars in your country??

Don't trust accountants no matter how much they (Or work collegues) tell you they will "look after your best interests"

Never taunt your eight year old son that you have a higher score on Pokemon pinball on the Gameboy SP. Cos he'll just destroy it by miles then do a little dance whilst sticking his tongue out as you explain to your mates how he must have got lucky :lol:

An import is a vehicle which wasnt designed for/available for sale in your country.

Surely you have companies such as Ford, Toyota e.t.c that officially sell cars in your country??

Well 80% of the cars come from Brazil Europe and Asia. Toyota only builds the Hilux here, that's national!!! :thumbsup:

The are few models built here... mostly trucks, minivans and staff like that, so thats why I said all are imports, parts are imported so the price is in USD...

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

I just thought you were getting what we class as imports mixed up. Most cars are 'imported' into the UK, but they are not classed as imports as they are officially being sold by Toyota UK (for example) or Mercedes-Benz for another.

Now when we talk about imports on here, we refer to cars that were never officially sold/designed for the UK market, and have been imported from Japan (for instance) We are way behind in the UK as alot of Main Dealers still wont go within walking distance of the car (servicing/parts) if its a Import.

Sorry if you knew all this, still feeling ******* from to much alcohol abuse yesterday and got a cold and just rambling :(

money is there to be spent not saved

live for the moment!

Dont get me wrong import cars can be as good if not better in some cases than UK cars but when i say that im against imports here are the main reasons why:

1. After having an import getting servicing at a toyota main dealer is like trying to make a rocking horse poo.

2. Insurance is more complicated and more expensive.

3. Parts are harder to get hold of in most cases.

4. Harder to sell imports in most cases.

But i say NEVER SAY NEVER.......im going back to UK Toyota's but thats not to say i'll never buy another import.

Oh and to add to the original list of things the last 12 months has taught me is..

...Always offer to walk girls home in the rain. They are 99% of the time VERY appreciative ;) :D

Quite chuffed with myself - new year - new woman. B)

I have learnt in the last 12 months that amazing people can pop into your life when you least expect it.

Children under 3 do not like xmas pressies.

My twenties are rapidly running out.

I also learnt lots of new rubbish about cars.

money is there to be spent not saved

live for the moment!

I'll second that jaxx :thumbsup: , even though I've just seen my latest bank statement! :crybaby:

don't plant your foot in 2nd gear in a tubby when going round a corner and the roads are wet

this = £2500 worth of car damage... DOH

Giddlepin... I've always wondered what this is all about >>>  IMAGE0_11.gif

Spitting out ones dummy springs to mind.

Is this one better? :thumbsup:

Dont get me wrong import cars can be as good if not better in some cases than UK cars but when i say that im against imports here are the main reasons why:

1. After having an import getting servicing at a toyota main dealer is like trying to make a rocking horse poo.

2. Insurance is more complicated and more expensive.

3. Parts are harder to get hold of in most cases.

4. Harder to sell imports in most cases.

But i say NEVER SAY NEVER.......im going back to UK Toyota's but thats not to say i'll never buy another import.

Oh and to add to the original list of things the last 12 months has taught me is..

...Always offer to walk girls home in the rain. They are 99% of the time VERY appreciative ;) :D

Quite chuffed with myself - new year - new woman. B)

I guess that its some dealers that are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

In N. Ireland we the Charles Hurst dealers around Belfast that are very helpful and get me most parts within 3 days. They have all schematics too. Servicing can still be difficult but if you do it yourself there isn't a problem.

I agree parts are more expensive from the dealer for imports but if you have the internet you can source most parts at a fraction of retail or UK models.

Insurance is more limited but still competitive when you find companys who knows what they are talking about.

Harder to sell on one hand but more toys as standard. This can also be a selling point. Poorly educated and scare mongering is probably responsible for this.

I bought mine to be different as its never been officially imported to the UK or Ireland. Also it was lots of toys like ABS, AC, EW, EM, PAS all of which would have cost an arm and a leg on a UK car if they could even be got (oh yeah and a !Removed! great Turbo which isn't an option on the UK car) :D

Giddlepin... I've always wondered what this is all about >>>   IMAGE0_11.gif

Spitting out ones dummy springs to mind.

Is this one better? :thumbsup:

i find the dancin and ahem 'naked' baby a little disturbing!

:wacko:

IMAGE0_11.gif

i find the dancin and ahem 'naked' baby a little disturbing!

:wacko:

I thought it was quite amusing when my sister posted it to me, but I suppose in this day and age, what can seem innocent to one person, can be percieved to be nonce material for the PC brigade.

Consider it removed. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links