Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

For All Mmt Users, There Is Hope!

Nir Hendler

Hi all,

I have my Auris 1.6 petrol MMT now for just over a year, doing 19,000km with it. i am really happy with the car but all of you are talking about it weekness, the MMT gearbox.

yesterday i talked with toyota service in Israel about the unpleasant driving in slow speeds usuing 1st, 2nd & 3rd gears. the man i talked with offered me to come to the service garage and that they "will check what they can do".

I drove to the grage, they connected a small toyota computer the my car (connector is under the steering wheel and above the paddels), he didn't told me that he "upgraded" the gear software but he told me that he reset the gear computer.

now after 100km driving after this "reset" the car is amazing better!, the changing of 1st&2nd is a bit smoother but i feel like the gear now using the engine power much better!

also, when stoping in a hill, realising the brake paddle will not drop the car reverse, it's like regular auto gearbox, the car slides forward like it need to!

now i really enjoy my car, ofcourse the MMT gearbox can be improved but now it's much enjoyable and smoother!!!

for the israeli drivers here, i got the service in "Toyota Raichman" in Bnei Brak. also i have a friend how did it in "Toyota Zeni" in Rehovot.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links