Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2month old Corolla T-Sport Niggles

joely

I've had my UK '52 Corolla T-Sport for a couple of months now, and have a couple of niggles which don't seem to go away. Before I approach my dealer I wanted to check they were unique.

1) When the car is wet, open either door (3dr) causes a few drops of water to fall on to the seat from the seals.

2) When pulling away having just had the handbrake on, causes a small grinding noise sounding like the front off-side wheel. Possibly the H/B not coming off properly?

3) My alarm tends to go off randomly. No pattern whatsoever.

Other than that I love driving it, shame it came with such stupidly small wheels, but that can be fixed. Also, I'd love for it to take off a little earlier (5500rpm?) aswell, don't like having to rev it so high to get to the power. Any chips for it?

Joel.

hi joely,,

I also get the occasional drip on to the seats when the cars wet,,, I find that running my finger down the joint above the door before opening prevents the water dripping on the seat a small niggle,, that I can live with given how good every thing else is

Hi

Yeah i've noticed the drips especially with the leather interior making it more noticeably. Thought it a bit strange. Also i had terribly trouble with alarm. HAd to visit the dealer on about 5 or 6 occasions to get it sorted..although i'm wondering does it work at all now!! and also have have bits falling off inside probably as a result. I think they had to order a complete new alarm to solve the most embarassing problem of being called over works tannoy to inform me that my car was making loud noises,!:D

Hi Joely,

1).The drips on the seat is a common problem which is due to the very shallow strips above the door which don't allow water to run down the window where it should go. Very annoying but not alot you can do about it. 2). As for the grinding noise this is probably down to a sticking caliper. Ask your dealer to look at it and don't let them fob you off with bullsh*t excuses such as your disc's are warped as they will want to skim them which is not exceptable on a new car!!! I've had this excuse on more than one occasion on a number of Toyota's. 3). As for the alarm, I would say it was something to do with the interior sensors, but I can't be sure, best to let the dealer look.

As far as I know there are no chips available at the moment, but just recently there seems to be lots of kit coming out for the T-sport so its probably just a matter of time. I know they can be chipped because I've seen it done (I work at the factory where they are built!!!) If you find anywhere that does let us all know. Apart from the few little niggles I hope your enjoying the car as much as everybody else is. Cheers:D

• 9 years later...

Our alarm goes off all the damn time, a lot of people believe it is the bonnet sensor but we haven't found much strong evidence to suggest that is the problem/solution.

Our alarm goes off all the damn time, a lot of people believe it is the bonnet sensor but we haven't found much strong evidence to suggest that is the problem/solution.

I wonder if he sorted it, its only been 9yrs, bloke hasnt been online for 7! :lol: :P ;)

I get water drip down near my window switches when my windows open slightly normally off my roof from settled rain, but never on my seat when I open the door. I too have a few months old tsport with niggles.. Nothing major but all the same annoying, window rubber sills slightly off in places causing no leaks but causing window to bounce back down. Dimming head lights, dodgy radio reception.. To name a few, awesome motor though! Want to sort a few issues out and spank her up a bit!

yeah, i get drips too. The grinding noise your describing i think will be the abs pump priming/checking itself, its perfectly normal. To check if it is this it should only do it the once the first time you move after turning the ignition on. For example you start the car and pull away, you should hear the noise but if you pull up at a junction stop then pull away, you wont hear the noise, nothing to worry about.

also the corolla alarm does have a tendancy to go off for no apparent reason, its usually due to other frequencys like wireless internet and these can also stop the key fob from working. Maybe need to visit the dealer if it becomes too annoying.

I wonder if he sorted it, its only been 9yrs, bloke hasnt been online for 7! :lol: :P ;)

Hahahaha!

Maybe it's time we banned KP for resurrecting an old thread??

:lol:

Maybe it's time we banned KP for resurrecting an old thread??

:lol:

Its a new record to my eyes! :lol: I didnt know TOC was that old!

Probably isn't! I've just found a way to extend the past of TOC!! I should be commended my ability to remind all new members of TOC's rich and glorious history in alarm systems... ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links