Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was My Mr2 Imported?

Charlies Angel

Hi Guys, Having an issue with the DVLA they are stating that when first registered my car had import documents with it, way back in 1994!!

Now to the best of my knowledge and Charlies (Karma Supra) i have a uk only model.

I have contacted Toyota GB who are looking into it for me, but wanted to ask if anyone in here would have any idea on where i stand, especially as my insurance is dor a uk car

Thanks

Milly x

I'm sure its a Cockup, they only "noticed" as you sent your documetns back because they "forgot to put in" your surname on the log book......

The car has a UK rear bumper, UK front numberplate brakets, UK sound system, UK clocks, and the UK security system. I would say thats a fair indication that its a UK car.....

It also never mentioned that it was an import on the log book when we first bought it.

Are there any other Identifying differences between UK and Jap MR2s? (Its a Rev 3)

full leather seats?

Toblerone indicators in front of the wheel arch?

it wasnt imported, dvla have made an error and wont change it beacuse they are useless!!

I have spoken to toyota gb and they have given me all the correct details and forwarded them to the dvla!

the useless nuts at dvla who dont seem to be able to read have incorrectly entered one digit of my chassis number causing hours and hours of investigatory drivel, took me half an hour to find out what was wrong, will take dvla 3 weeks to fix it!

If it was an import it would be so obvious, loads of jap test in the co ck pit for a start!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...