Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear End Chatter

samsite999

Hi, I took on this car (as with most of my cars) with a few known issues. I know i have been MIA for some time now, but i hope the forum is still as helpfull as i left it

I have a L reg ST-202 toyota celica 2.0

it feels very sluggish at the moment. Are there any common issues that could affect performance bar plugs and filters (changed)

crunching in 2nd under heavy aggressive change, again, im not used to the gearbox as of yet so it could be me late on the cluch. but my mr2 did this in the past also. is this fair ware are tear, and is there any adjustment?

next issue :

its again (dam Mr2's) just like the mr2 when i got it was. very chatterly and bangy at slow speeds over potholes and man hole covers. does the celica have the same issue with drop links and anti-role bar bushes?

can any one recommend a good place to get the droplinks and a average price? to tighten it back up to new i want to replace all shocks, again any idear on cost and were i can get them from?

Last one now.....

I have a double din unit that i loved from my Mr2 and supra days thats sat away as i refused to sell it even though i couldn't use it I went to fit it today and i simpaly have nothing to mount it to. some jack*** has taken out the mounting bolts for the stereo so it just falls in to the hole now.

any one know were i can source replacements?

Thanks for reading and any help, im hoping that if i can get the odds and sods done, ill be able to attend some meets :)

its again (dam Mr2's) just like the mr2 when i got it was. very chatterly and bangy at slow speeds over potholes and man hole covers. does the celica have the same issue with drop links and anti-role bar bushes?

can any one recommend a good place to get the droplinks and a average price? to tighten it back up to new i want to replace all shocks, again any idear on cost and were i can get them from?

Hi Sam - yes, the rear Anti-role bar bushes are a common issue on older ST202's - they're cheap to get hold of (bit fiddly to change). I've got an M reg ST202 and mine needs the rear bushes replacing. Am also interested in any info on a new set of shocks (mine need doing also).

im surprised there hasnt been more resonance to be honest

i found a set of generic shocks for 50+vat locally, although there going to need to be ordered. again id wellcome any adice here.

how much of a pain are they to change?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links