Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hilux 3.0 D4d Fuel Economy

scs

i have got a new hilux 3.0 d4d and i dont think it is doing very well i am only getting 26 - 27 mpg out of it is this right i dont know can any one help me and tell me what you are getting out of yours please many thanks sam

and has any one had a chip put on will this help and is it worth the money!!! i have found one for 250 pounds is that a good price!!

i have got a new hilux 3.0 d4d and i dont think it is doing very well i am only getting 26 - 27 mpg out of it is this right i dont know can any one help me and tell me what you are getting out of yours please many thanks sam

and has any one had a chip put on will this help and is it worth the money!!! i have found one for 250 pounds is that a good price!!

26-27 is good, i get similar out of my auto, which has been chipped by Owen Developments. I would avoid any other chips apart from the Toyota one (which costs £750) as they all have a reputation for malfunctioning and putting you into limp mode. Unfortunately Owen dont make them anymore due to lack of demand, although i know of at least 6 people who now want one since they've stopped making them!!

Any other questions PM me

26-27 is good, i get similar out of my auto, which has been chipped by Owen Developments. I would avoid any other chips apart from the Toyota one (which costs £750) as they all have a reputation for malfunctioning and putting you into limp mode. Unfortunately Owen dont make them anymore due to lack of demand, although i know of at least 6 people who now want one since they've stopped making them!!

i was getting nearly 800ks to a tank out of mine

thats almost 500miles!! Closest i've been is about 440........and then it cost me over £100 to fill :angry:

dont you lot feel miss lead by the mpg in the book for this truck as this is one of the main reasons why i borought it ie 32.9-39.9 mpg as the nissan truck will do 32mpg as my friend has one and in the book for it its right i feel miss lead!!!!!!!! by TOYOTA at the moment i am talking to toyota uk over this matter to see what thay are going to do about it i will keep you all posted on it

dont you lot feel miss lead by the mpg in the book for this truck as this is one of the main reasons why i borought it ie 32.9-39.9 mpg as the nissan truck will do 32mpg as my friend has one and in the book for it its right i feel miss lead!!!!!!!! by TOYOTA at the moment i am talking to toyota uk over this matter to see what thay are going to do about it i will keep you all posted on it

I always take 10-15% of those figures as a minimum as they're virtually impossible to replicate. They're done using the lowest spec vehicle to reduce the weight with the thinnest tyres to reduce rolling drag and airflow. By the time most of us add the odd little toy, lights, roll bars etc, and run wider tyres on the Invinicble than the HL3 you won't get the same figure.

As for driving a Navara. he probably doesnt get much time to drive it as they spend most of their in the garage with warranty problems :D

My truck has got 285 tyres and has loads of toys in it so i think 24-27 isnt bad. Yeah i'd like it to do more, but my only regret is not buying an Import 4.0v6 having it converted to LPG as then i'd be getting equivalent of 42mpg (based on 18mpg 55/l for LPG versus 130/l diesel)

not forgetting the guy testing it will prolly be small and thin... if i got it in it would be like having three of them LOL

I have a 1994 Surf 3.0 SSRX Diesel Auto and, on a good day, get about 8.4 kilometres per litre (or about 24 miles per gallon) out of it.

I have a 1994 Surf 3.0 SSRX Diesel Auto and, on a good day, get about 8.4 kilometres per litre (or about 24 miles per gallon) out of it.

Hi, 2007 Hilux 3l invincible, always get 30mpg, can get 31 on the motorway at 75mph, only time it drops is in the winter when i run 265/70/16 bfg all terrians on 7 inch rims when i get around 27mpg, i aint complaing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toyota do not do the test that give these figures,

It is the government that runs the test and makes Toyota publish the figures that they found on their tests.

So I am guessing Toyota GB will do nothing about this because they technically did not claim these figures, the government did.

I also have a new 08 reg 3.0 Hilux double cab Hl3. I have had it since april. Mine though is a manual which does much better mpg.

I do quite a bit of towing and at the moment I am using the AC most of the time. Most of my journeys are short at about 4 to 7 miles.

Even with the above type of use, the worst mpg I have had is 30mpg. Though 31mpg is more typical.

We recently used the Hilux for a trip to Northumberland. Three adults, one child and loads of gear. I did 518 miles on all type of roads from motorways to B-roads. Over those 518 miles it averaged 34.5 mpg. It used 15 gallons. That was measured from fill up to fill up, 'necking' it as it were each time. I find that the onboard computer is about 2mpg on the optimistic side.On the afore mentioned trip the computer said it had done 36.5mpg.

I reckon that had there not been a strong headwind on the way back, it would have done 36mpg or better as

before the journey back, the display was reading 38 mpg.

I think that if you were really careful on the motorway and stuck to 60 -65 mpg, it would do 39 mpg.

While my Hilux was on order they lent me a 3.0 auto. I coudnt get any better than 28.5 mpg with it.

Hi

I am driving a 4x4 Dual cab Manual on reasonably long driving (800kms a week). Its done 110000kms, and has been averaging 10l/100kms or better, or about 28 mpg I think.

I am mostly sitting on 110 - 120 kmh. I think the D4D is achieving these types of figures consistently in Australia, with many private owners getting better. Many Prado owners here getting 9L/100 kms

Hope this helps

Cheers

Daz

Chip it.........Improved smooth feel, better fuel consumption, better towing

PM me for more details or visit our website here I am on holiday this week but will pop in to check PM's from time to time

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I have a 2007 3.0 D Auto HL3 Double Cab.

I have now done 13,500 miles, mixed driving, a lot of motorway runs and the trip computer has settled on 32.6mpg. This is from new and has never been reset.

Very pleased with the economy, has started to rattle when cold so I will be visiting the dealer to check on injectors this week.

• 2 weeks later...

i got a 57 plate 3.0lt manual with 9k on the clock and only get under 30mpg when i got the AC on, which i think is amazing for a 2 ton truck the way i drive it.... it has a chip on it from http://www.torqtec.com/ which has made it alot better to drive and has had minimal inpact no the mpg.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a manual HL3. Since fitting a steel hard top it steadily does 35mpg, more if I drive in funeral procession mode (i.e. slow). I live in Malta and drive with the AC on all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a hard top imported 1993 surf that I have just bought and have just worked out my mpg. I am delighted that it is doing 33mpg which I reckon is pretty good considering it is the 3l engine. that is backroads as well not motorway driving!

David

Hi Sam

I've got an 2007 Invincible manual which has averaged 31.5mpg since i got it.

Worth noting that the OBC can be wildly inaccurate tho so worth calculating your figures manually to check. Mine was overreading by approx 30% initially but after going in for the injector rattle issue it's much more accurate but still approx 5% too high compared to calculated figures.

Hi Sam

I've got an 2007 Invincible manual which has averaged 31.5mpg since i got it.

But you do drive everywhere at 20 Jas :-)

• 1 month later...

I get between 24 and 26 but mine is an auto. A manual I would expect about 30. I used to have an auto new navara and when that wasn't being fixed (three back axels!) I used to get the same economy. Just running with Mud terrains at the mo (thanks Gabbo) and costing another couple of MPG. Had a long run to harrogate the other day and coming back with a bike on the back so I didn't go over 70 and for the first time ever I got 29 - dead chuffed with that but can't spend my life travelling at that speed!!!